News Joshua vs Ngannou Official March 8th Saudi Arabia

Solid card?

• Total voters
Honestly from a pure boxing perspective, the undercard is strong enough IMO for the money let alone the Ngannou fight by itself.

Armageddon is gonna happen and I'm still gonna show up to clock in. I will scheme something up
I'm in a band that often plays on Saturday nights. When I get show dates the first thing I do is see what fights I'm going to have to miss live, and devise my plan to watch them as quickly as possible after the show while trying to avoid spoilers. It's the worst part of an otherwise fun thing.

I really hope Joshua goes balls out so we can really see what's what.

I thought Fury looked like he came off the couch and wanted to extend the fight to entertain the fans.

But Joshua probably pitter patters to a decision.

I'm not really interested in boxing but I of course wish Francis well.

Francis always has a great chance if je can land… and he’s gonna land. He landed against a much harder to hit and harder to rock fighter.

Should be fun!

I'm in a band that often plays on Saturday nights. When I get show dates the first thing I do is see what fights I'm going to have to miss live, and devise my plan to watch them as quickly as possible after the show while trying to avoid spoilers. It's the worst part of an otherwise fun thing.
I appreciate the realness of the story. Straight out of American Splendor. A real slice of life situation, that you'd only see in a movie like American Beauty, or something that has Adam Goldberg in a bit role, but it's "Adam Goldberg in the 90s" Adam Goldberg. I'm sure you understand.

These are the true issues of life, tbh. The world is at war, people dying and starving, presidential races going on, and all I care about is that I'm apparently gonna have to do this two goddamned days in a row, bc PFL Europe is out of their minds and having their "FREE FOR ONE TIME ONLY IN THE US" card in the middle of the day, on fucking Thursday. And it's a free show worth watching, at least Doumbe vs Baki. Since it's all about me, I can only deduce that the gods of inconvenience hate the shit out of me, for some reason, and fuck them.

On this Cameroonian interview at 22mn37, Francis shared that during his Fury camp he had real pain and Big trouble on both shoulders with tear on tendon connecting his biceps, said that he was doing physical therapy After each session and had to wear special sleeves during practice. Said that he got lucky during fight week because less intensity training healed It enough to compète.

Now on this footage training from last week Francis Can be Seen wearing the same sleeves

View attachment 1033046

I really Hope everythings good

Makes sense now, I was suspecting a biceps injury with the sleeves.

I appreciate the realness of the story. Straight out of American Splendor. A real slice of life situation, that you'd only see in a movie like American Beauty, or something that has Adam Goldberg in a bit role, but it's "Adam Goldberg in the 90s" Adam Goldberg. I'm sure you understand.

These are the true issues of life, tbh. The world is at war, people dying and starving, presidential races going on, and all I care about is that I'm apparently gonna have to do this two goddamned days in a row, bc PFL Europe is out of their minds and having their "FREE FOR ONE TIME ONLY IN THE US" card in the middle of the day, on fucking Thursday. And it's a free show worth watching, at least Doumbe vs Baki. Since it's all about me, I can only deduce that the gods of inconvenience hate the shit out of me, for some reason, and fuck them.
Think you've inspired an American Splendor revisit. I'll try to think of it in more of a romantic light next time I'm sitting backstage watching a shitty stream on my phone. Exactly how I took in Volk getting KO'd by Topuria.

Lol, I know what word you're looking for, it's called perspective. I usually can't see past it myself. Screw wars and famine, it's all about me, myself, and I.

Don't build your hopes up too high

Fury is overrated since his comeback, going life and death with a limited wilder in 2 of 3 fights

Fury is also notorious for fighting down to his opponents level, Ali was quite similar in that regard

Joshua is a real professional and he won't need to impose his size and try and clinch like Fury, as that would play into Francis game

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Joshua plays it safe early, racks up the rounds and maybe goes for a stoppage late if Ngannou tires

Hopefully Ngannou can hit and hurt Aj early, to bring back the doubts he was having in recent fights. If Ngannou drops Aj hard? He can finish him

Also, just to add Joshua looks in amazing shape. He is taking it way more seriously than Fury and he punches much harder with better combinations

I'm not optimistic, but fingers crossed Francis puts it on him
this post is the epitome of ambivalency

Just realized this event starts early as fuck. FUCKING LOVE IT!

Maybe pop that into the OP @Poirierfan

Friday’s preliminary card is scheduled to start at 11 a.m. ET.
Joshua and Ngannou are expected to make their walk to the ring at 5:50 p.m. ET. (source)

May the Arab fellas keep sportswashing so I can keep getting top tier entertainment at this hour.

The thing is, Ruiz has 74" reach, while Ngannou has 83". AJ can't just outjab Ngannou in total safety.

Agree with the cardio aspect and a late TKO being the best path for AJ although I think Ngannou will be much improved. It was his first ever boxing fight, he will more relaxed and familiar with the pace.
That is a good point, but also he's not so mobile and doesn't have much offense, so you could just circle around him and jab and stay defensive. I think it's a pipe dream that people are going to see Joshua get in there and take him out. He's going to use all his defensive tricks and remain on the outside with low output so he doesn't get countered. Who knows, maybe Ngannou has an answer for that and can land? I thought Fury was going to be able to walk him down and beat him everywhere, but he felt something and never wanted to close distance too much with Ngannou.

Back