Social Kevin McCarthy ousted; Mike Johnson becomes US House speaker

Is there any chance one of the MAGA radicals gets the position? It would be ironic if a more moderate Republican gets it and the MAGA radicals lose all their committee leadership assignments.
I dont know, who's next, and it really doesnt matter, it's about holding folks responsible, a rare sight to see in politics.

Really? They're public servants who have constituents to please? Well, they just did that job. Their job is not to get elected and then tell their supporters to deal with their ineptitude, because ousting a speaker would be bad optics. They did exactly what they told their supporters they would do.

So its now "mob rules"? ok, got to take this into account the next time i see you in an electoral college or gerrymandering thread.

If "functioning" congress means bending over for the Dems, maybe they don't want that particular brand of congress functioning.

"Bending over to the Dems"

You do realize that Dems voted to remove McCarthy right? i mean its like if you came into the thread knowing nothing.

It really has nothing to do with the overall point

Your point was "Its not like the rest of the Republican party don't agree with them".

Man, at least accept when you fucked up.

hat this guy fucked around and found out, and that it's refreshing to see someone actually be held to a standard they promised to uphold.

What promise? the dude was a fucking thorn on the side of Democrats, ergo why Democrats decided to vote to remove.

I mean, yeah, it's a real shame that they're not as phony as AOC and the squad...

Of course, its good that Republican party is so dysfunctional that they are willing to nuke their own side and vote with the Dems in order to draw attention to themselves.

There is a reason why extremists movements are a joke without a leader to coalesce to, they attract a bunch of narcissists and deplorables that would rather destroy their whole side if they can't get their way 100%.

Meanwhile Dems are just eating popcorn.

Last edited:
The democrats voted him out. I'm sure they're super frustrated, and not at all high fiving while doing coke on Pelosi's desk.

Also weird that people are acting like this is a win for conservatives. Like, does this make them more like to be able to cut Social Security or something? What's the concrete benefit other than more fame for Gaetz?

Also weird that people are acting like this is a win for conservatives. Like, does this make them more like to be able to cut Social Security or something? What's the concrete benefit other than more fame for Gaetz?
Based on the vote, actual, elected conservatives don’t think it’s a win for conservatives. I think one problem is most observers are politically clueless.

It's more that they're trying to damage the country with a shutdown and they just ousted their speaker for not being crazy enough, even though he is pretty damned crazy. They're a mess. The party is run by entertainers now, and they don't know how to actually do their jobs.

8 people make up the entire republican
party?

Fucking loser
200w.webp

Newt Gingrich
John Boehner
Paul Ryan
Kevin McCarthy

All GOP and all expurgated by their own party.

Back