Khabib should not close the distance

I wonder if Khabib should maintain his distance, make conor hit and miss for roudn 1. If rnd 1 ends as a draw or conor wins, no problem, but make sure conor tries to engage.

Then rnd 2, khabib tries to do his thing.
he should do what he did to al. Ankle grab and then push him against the cage

I wonder if Khabib should maintain his distance, make conor hit and miss for roudn 1. If rnd 1 ends as a draw or conor wins, no problem, but make sure conor tries to engage.

Then rnd 2, khabib tries to do his thing.
Great planning. Edmund, is that you?

I think TS assumes Conor will just head hunt the whole time and not go to the body or legs. As Conor showed after Nate humbled him, he can game plan for the full 5 with no problem. If Conor starts going to the body, that could totally pay dividends in the long run, with Khabib being totally sapped.

Khabib is also like Conor, in the sense that he is a monster for 10 minutes but then dips. Al was not the first fight where Khabib looked to be str8 maulin' a guy and then he stopped being so dominant. I just do not see Khabib surrendering pressure rounds, hoping Conor will gas and that he can withstand the punishment handed out.
It is a bit of an oversell to say that Conor was able to go 5rds no problem in that rematch since he did gas going into round 3. Also, it is very different being pressured on top then going the striking distance. Khabib won't gas quickly if his gameplan happens without any opposition.
Problem is, everyone knows Khabib's gameplan. No one has been able to shut it down yet though. Maybe that Tibau fight years ago but we all know Conor isn't that.

That is a totally incorrect statement, Conor leads the dance most of the time. Go back and watch the Mendes fight, he literally walked Mendes down the entire time.
He’s not totally wrong. I think every one of Mendes takedowns came from Conor closing the distance for him.

Conor does walk people down, but a lot of time he waits with the counter. In the Mendes fight he did initiate a lot more. Most of his iconic exchanges have come from the other fighter initiating and him hitting them with the counter. He’s actually a lot like Silva in that way.

That's what I'd plan on doing. But I've been known to get my ass kicked. Catch a lot of beatings.

Is this meant to be reverse psychology TS?

Back