Social MADAM ALEXANDER OCASIO CORTEZ raises 2 MILLION and travels to Texas to help those in need

Yes thats exactly why I'm challenging your post to clarify if it's an endorsement of her policies. Just to make it clear cause it seemed that only known lefties liked it.
As far as her policy accomplishments she's had mixed results and I question some of her policy proposals. But my point there was that she strikes me as a genuine and decent politician unlike Ted Cruz who is the archetypal self serving, sleazy elite politician.

Good for her.

That being said i still don't agree with her politically 100% and think she is an idiot.

I don't give a fuck if my dentist saves kittens from trees in his spare time if he wants to treat my sore tooth with a brain surgery.

Still a bartender.

Wait! You think she’s an idiot but also the second coming of Mao? Was Hitler considered an idiot?

just let that sink in.....this guy......thinks someone else is an idiot....
Oh i see you weak pussy...

You can't stand that someone is bombing you so you seek friends:p

Weak shit but i already thought of you a failure.

The fucking nerve of those dickless idiots.

You really think you gave a shit about your lives if you are begging for 15 dol an hour? Lol get lost.

While lyin Ted is holidaying in Mexico, AOC is flying to Texas to help out those in need.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., raised more than $2 million for relief efforts in Texas as of Friday afternoon before traveling to Houston to help in the recovery effort.

“Charity isn’t always a replacement for good governance, but we won’t turn away from helping people in need when things hit the fan,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted.

The funds raised by the progressive lawmaker will go toward 12 food banks and relief organizations, including the Bridge Homeless Recovery Center, Ending Community Homelessness Coalition, Family Eldercare, Feeding Texas and the Houston Food Bank, according to the donations page.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...ef-heads-houston-after-blasting-cruz-n1258389

thequint%2F2019-01%2Fc30a0ba7-b10e-4dd7-b418-cac06597f25b%2Fdance_gal.gif

Discuss.
"Jon check on Machida.. make some fans"

Good for her though. It's the right thing to do

It’s actually not her job to do this. Her job is solely to represent her constituents to the federal government in the legislative branch of congress.

I’ve can’t recall any other trine I’ve seen another states elected representatives go over to another state after a snowstorm, flood, earthquake or hurricane to go and pull a stunt like this.

and I’m old. It’s unprecedented.and disgusting

lol, she sure succeeded in getting your panties in a twist. I say good job AOC.

lol, she sure succeeded in getting your panties in a twist. I say good job AOC.
* Raising millions to help out Texans
* Spending her time helping out at food banks etc
* Making Ted Cruz look really bad (to be fair, Cruz makes himself look bad)
* Enraging the right-wingers on Sherdog

All in a days work! What a boss!
giphy.gif

Honestly i think shes doing this for political reasons.
Ted Cruz left the country when his constituents were in peril. AOC came in to the rescue on her own will and is doing what she can to actually help. Call it political motivation all you want. Someone raised funds from halfway across a big fucking country and is showing up personally while someone who holds and elected position in the very state that is struggling and actually dying decides to leave the country to be more comfortable.

The hate does run that deep.

This reminds me of a lecture that Ice-T did at a college... Kind of a long-ish read...

"A flood was coming and a man was standing in his yard... Some neighbors sail by and say "Hey! Get in, we're going up the hills to safety!" The man says "That's alright, God will save me..." They sail off.. The flood is up to his groin and some people come by on a boat... They say "Get in brother! We're going to safety!" The man says "That's alright, God will save me..."

The water is up to his chest and some people come by in a boat and say... "Get IN man! We're going to safety!" The man replies... "That's alright, God will save me.." They sail on.. The man drowns...

The man gets to Heaven and meets the Lord... He says... "Lord, I've fed the hungry, clothed the poor, looked out for the less fortunate of my fellow man.."

- "Thank you so much.. I love you for your faithfulness and living by my words.."

"Well, why didn't you save me, Lord?"

- "Save you?!?! I sent you three BOATS!"

Last edited:
I gotta say this is a pretty effective move to boost her profile and is making Ted Cruz look terrible in comparison. However, she's a thousand miles away from her home turf, and I'm getting the vibe she's setting up herself for 2024.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez volunteered at a Houston food bank after raising more than $3 million for Texas storm relief. The New York congresswoman flew to the Lone Star state after a stunning fundraising effort following the devastating winter storm.

“That’s the New York spirit, that’s the Texas spirit that’s the American spirit,” she said.[\quote]
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/.../ocasiocortez-aoc-houston-texas-b1805132.html

aochouston-22021.jpg

Back