Crime Maine shooting - 18 dead

My guess is he decided to hide out in the woods or something.

No

A handgun is for conceal and carry or in a home defense or shit hits the fan situation for fighting your way to your rifle.

An ar15 or the like is going to be the best option for everything but killing large game and conceal and carry. Sportsmen cops maniacs farmers...everyone likes them because they can do so many things well and can be configured for so many things.

Oddly enough for the amount of them in circulation they are not a very common murder weapon . The terror caused by mad men makes people unable to see that.

My wife would likely struggle with my shotgun , and my 2 glocks (.10.45)but there would be no problems using that ar if needs be

I agree with everything but the part about big game hunting. Im sure youre referring to a standard .223/5.56 AR but chambered in the right caliber, they can be used to hunt medium to large game. I built my first AR-15, chambered in .50 Beowulf, solely for hunting black bear and elk in short range (less than 150 yards) situations. Even in that caliber, it would be a more suitable home defense weapon than say a traditional bolt action hunting rifle that has a 24" or 26" barrel.

I agree with everything but the part about big game hunting. Im sure youre referring to a standard .223/5.56 AR but chambered in the right caliber, they can be used to hunt medium to large game. I built my first AR-15, chambered in .50 Beowulf, solely for hunting black bear and elk in short range (less than 150 yards) situations. Even in that caliber, it would be a more suitable home defense weapon than say a traditional bolt action hunting rifle that has a 24" or 26" barrel.

Yea I was just thinking about the standard 223556 when I typed that out

Some company makes one in 30 0 6 now days that i would love to own just as a range toy and I'm aware of ar 10s and what not and while I wasn't thinking about it when I wrote my post I suspect you can get an AR in every caliber now days if you build it or search around enough

Until you reminded me just now I tend to forget the beowolf round exists I don't think I know anyone who shoots that one. A super useful platform that can do everything indeed.

From an outsider looking in some of this is quite humorous.

Odd one this, guy hasn't kept killing so it seems this was very mission orientated rather than being a 'kill literally as many as possible til they kill me' situation. So, what was the mission and what now? These kind of guys either keep killing until the police kill them, or kill themselves, this guy seems to have done neither.

I wonder where this guy would be right now. Is he like in the deep woods hiding or is he 2-3 states away from Maine now? Canada perhaps?

Yeah great.. totally normal way to live for "the wealthiest nation in the world"

Trading 10-20 innocent lives for one asshole with a gun every time

Trade?
You call that a trade..
Interesting use of language .

How long should the country need to grieve before talking about gun control? There are more mass shootings (where 4 or more people are killed via gun) per year than there are days in a year. The country can't afford to wait even a day to grieve before being able to talk about it otherwise nothing about it will get done

I'm mocking the other guy.

This situation is fucking horrible for all the family and friends of those who were attacked. Another sick piece of shit that the system failed. The survivors and families of those attacked will always have a fear the rest of their lives. It fucking sucks that we constantly have shit like this happening and the only thing as individuals we can do is sympathize with the victims. Almost no one is taking steps to help prevent future tragedies like this from happening.

I see people constantly bringing up gang violence to compare to these mass shootings. The difference is we understand why gang violence happens. The effects on the victims is similar but we aren't left wondering why. In a case like this we try to blame mental health care. While it is true that mental health care in America is absolutely a joke and may have been of use in this case, there are still many more that still would have happened.
The real difference is that in a weekend in Chicago, Memphis, St Louis, these numbers can be doubled. But it is a problem that people ignore because for the most part, the people being killed are young black men in the life. This is why BLM was a joke, because if they really cared, they would go in these areas and set up command centers, and spot lights, cameras, and have police presence. Brooklyn does that. There will be some shootings but not 40 in a weekend. With these mass killings it is absolutely a lack of mental health facilities or those facilities failing. This guy should have been reported by his therapist as a danger and his Guns removed. He should have been put on a 5150 hold.

Shooter was a gun instructor and suffered mental health issues. He's a "good guy with a gun" and the mentally ill have a right to defend themselves according to many posters here.

Can we dispel these myths once and for all?

Shooter was a gun instructor

Turns out that part wasn't true.

"In an updated statement, a U.S. Army spokesperson said Card was not trained as a firearms instructor, as police had originally reported."

https://www.sunjournal.com/2023/10/...rch-for-suspected-lewiston-shooter-continues/

Regardless, I hope they catch this nutbag demon soon. And more importantly, I hope he doesn't add any more to his bodycount before they do. Also really hope the people that are still in critical can hold on, & pull through.

Shooter was a gun instructor and suffered mental health issues. He's a "good guy with a gun" and the mentally ill have a right to defend themselves according to many posters here.

Can we dispel these myths once and for all?
Pretty much NO gun laws in Maine. Even if you're a domestic abuser.

Back