News Mayra Bueno Silva: I got popped by NSAC

You sure you were taking actual Kratom? I've taken it for years and it has always felt somewhat similar to coffee to me. Can't say I've ever heard of anyone seeing things or hearing things after taking Kratom.

It was a green powder that tasted like wood. Felt really good for about three seconds before I felt fatigued and then crappy. Heard like scary orchestral music and shouting voices until I popped enough Xanax to make it stop

Enlighten me. Because honestly I can't see how ADHD meds are going to give you an advantage in MMA. The only possible argument I can see is the use of stimulants during the fight itself. Other than that, I highly doubt any advantage is gained during training.
You don’t see how a drug that increases your focus and makes your hand eye increase could give one an advantage?

“It increases alertness, aggressiveness, attention and concentration. It improves reaction time, especially when fatigued. Some think it enhances hand-eye coordination. Some believe it increases the mental aspects of performance.”

This idea that some think it increases hand eye is silly. It without a doubt increases hand eye but push that aside and it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out why it would be performance enhancing.

You mean Ritalin, Champ? Also, who exactly is "they"? Licensed Psych doctors? The same docs that still very widely prescribe Ritalin for ADHD in America to this day?
Do you always talk out of your ass? My goodness, I would trust a stray dog with knowing more about modern medicine than a random "know-it-all" fool on Sherdog...
Adults that take these meds that I know swear by it. Call it a miracle that allowed them to get their lives on track. Now, could it be abused and overprescribed? Absolutely. Is it speed? Yes. Does that mean it can’t be dosed correctly and taken responsibly to bring one to a base level of “normalcy.” There’s a place in the world for these pills. Demonizing pharma seems all the rage. To be fair, pharma also deserves demonizing, but it should be a case by case basis.

Yeah, ADHD medication is definitely a performance enhancer. I've tried it. I seem to get the best workout of my life, without trying very hard, whenever I use it. Like if I take it, and go to the gym thinking I'm just going for a casual workout, I end up doing more than I've ever done, casually. It just seems to help you go, go go.

For the people saying weed is a performance enhancer, there's two reasons why it's not on the banned list. First, because it's not actually proven to be a performance enhancer. More like, people have the perception that it is a performance enhancer, but actual tests show that it does not improve reaction time, but might slow it down. Does not increase endurance, test show that people get tired more easily on weed. But it makes people feel good, and makes them feel like they are in a flow. It does have pain relieving properties, which is why some might consider it a performance enhancer. In low doses, the pain relieving properties aren't that great. If you take enough to get significant pain relief, you are probably sacrificing reaction time, altertness, balance, etc. Basically, you kind of have to get drunk on it to really get a lot of pai relief. Second reason it's not banned is likely because its use is so wide spread, they just decided to allow it. If it is a PED, it's not a strong one, and "everyone" uses it, so whatever. It's not making you stronger or faster. But ADHD medication though, aka methamphetamine, does indeed have performance enhancing qualities. Careful with it though. It is actually highly addictive.

I have a hard time believing the Simone Biles story. I don't see how a person can become an olympic champion and claim they NEED medication to help them with focus. Like you don't have to focus, and be extremely consistent to become the best in the world at something? Personally, I think anyone who uses adhd meds in high level sports, is probably knowingly using it as a ped.

Yeah, ADHD medication is definitely a performance enhancer. I've tried it. I seem to get the best workout of my life, without trying very hard, whenever I use it. Like if I take it, and go to the gym thinking I'm just going for a casual workout, I end up doing more than I've ever done, casually. It just seems to help you go, go go.

For the people saying weed is a performance enhancer, there's two reasons why it's not on the banned list. First, because it's not actually proven to be a performance enhancer. More like, people have the perception that it is a performance enhancer, but actual tests show that it does not improve reaction time, but might slow it down. Does not increase endurance, test show that people get tired more easily on weed. But it makes people feel good, and makes them feel like they are in a flow. It does have pain relieving properties, which is why some might consider it a performance enhancer. In low doses, the pain relieving properties aren't that great. If you take enough to get significant pain relief, you are probably sacrificing reaction time, altertness, balance, etc. Basically, you kind of have to get drunk on it to really get a lot of pai relief. Second reason it's not banned is likely because its use is so wide spread, they just decided to allow it. If it is a PED, it's not a strong one, and "everyone" uses it, so whatever. It's not making you stronger or faster. But ADHD medication though, aka methamphetamine, does indeed have performance enhancing qualities. Careful with it though. It is actually highly addictive.

I have a hard time believing the Simone Biles story. I don't see how a person can become an olympic champion and claim they NEED medication to help them with focus. Like you don't have to focus, and be extremely consistent to become the best in the world at something? Personally, I think anyone who uses adhd meds in high level sports, is probably knowingly using it as a ped.
I mean, yes, I think ADHD medication is probably a performance enhancer for several hours after you take it. I don't think it's performance enhancing a week after you take it.

You have trouble believing an elite athlete could have ADHD? I mean, the whole point of the medication is to enable people with ADHD to function more or less normally, right? So if a normal person can do something, a person with ADHD who takes Adderall or whatever should be able to do it too.

I think Mayra was diagnosed with ADHD long before she ever started training MMA. With Biles, elite female gymnasts typically start training at a very young age, so I don't know, but I'm sure she was also diagnosed with ADHD as a child.

Enlighten me. Because honestly I can't see how ADHD meds are going to give you an advantage in MMA. The only possible argument I can see is the use of stimulants during the fight itself. Other than that, I highly doubt any advantage is gained during training.

Imagine if every time a fighter wakes up tired and doesn’t want to go train, they could take a pill that would instantly give them energy to get up and train for 8 hours straight with perfect focus.

Where one fighter might just take the day off, or turn to coffee/pre workout supplements that would allow them train but jittery and half-focused, a fighter on ADHD meds would be able to go full energy and focus every day.

It’s a similar argument to other PEDs, where by helping you recover, they help you train more, which leads to an advantage over time over your competitors. ADHD meds don’t help your body recover, but they certainly help put your mind in the right space to train daily at a high level.

I mean, yes, I think ADHD medication is probably a performance enhancer for several hours after you take it. I don't think it's performance enhancing a week after you take it.

The cumulative effect of the high level of training that you can achieve while on ADHD meds can definitely provide an advantage “a week after you take it”.

It’s like guys who use other PED’s during training but cycle off for the fight itself. They could train longer, harder, and with better recovery leading up to the fight, so even if they aren’t on steroids for the fight, they still gained an advantage.

Same applies to ADHD meds with the extra energy and focus that you have during training.

Reactions: Twc
Bruh. This ain’t it. You know nothing of gymnastics. Is Simone biles the best in the world because of her meds? Most likely not. Does it play a role in her performance? Absolutely. She also happens to be built perfectly, has springs for legs and is strong as a bull. But to suggest a drug that helps you focus doesn’t help her is crazy talk. And clearly her air awareness is tied to it or at the very least she thinks it is.

You have trouble believing an elite athlete could have ADHD? I mean, the whole point of the medication is to enable people with ADHD to function more or less normally, right? So if a normal person can do something, a person with ADHD who takes Adderall or whatever should be able to do it too.

I think Mayra was diagnosed with ADHD long before she ever started training MMA. With Biles, elite female gymnasts typically start training at a very young age, so I don't know, but I'm sure she was also diagnosed with ADHD as a child.
Gymnastics basically is a beacon for kids with adhd. Unlike, let’s say, softball or baseball.

The cumulative effect of the high level of training that you can achieve while on ADHD meds can definitely provide an advantage “a week after you take it”.

It’s like guys who use other PED’s during training but cycle off for the fight itself. They could train longer, harder, and with better recovery leading up to the fight, so even if they aren’t on steroids for the fight, they still gained an advantage.

Same applies to ADHD meds with the extra energy and focus that you have during training.
Perhaps. But I think the main issue would be performing while on the medication.

Josh Barnett got fat, lost muscle, still tested positive for roids.

The eye/smell test is for those incapable of critical thinking, and who don’t know anything about fitness

There's different types of steroids. Some are to increase muscle mass, some help with cutting, and some help with endurance/recovery. Considering he weighed in at the heavyweight limit he likely took the ones that help with cutting and/or endurance.

Weight loss aids are also banned such as diuretics and stimulants like ephedrine. Not everything is about building muscle

Okay but ADHD medication is not banned out of competition if you have ADHD and a prescription and a TUE. Since the purpose of the medication is to return a person with ADHD to a normal baseline level of functioning.

If you're saying she has an unfair advantage because she can train while on it I can't agree for that reason. Some drugs are banned at all times, some only in competition. Having taken Adderall before, I can say the effects of a pill wear off after a few hours. You definitely don't feel any different a week later.

Okay but ADHD medication is not banned out of competition if you have ADHD and a prescription and a TUE. Since the purpose of the medication is to return a person with ADHD to a normal baseline level of functioning.

If you're saying she has an unfair advantage because she can train while on it I can't agree for that reason. Some drugs are banned at all times, some only in competition. Having taken Adderall before, I can say the effects of a pill wear off after a few hours. You definitely don't feel any different a week later.

It’s comically easy to receive a diagnosis for ADHD and get a prescription for these medications, even in America. Many places don’t even test you, they just take your word for it and write you a script. Any athlete could claim they have ADHD (I’m surprised more don’t).

I too have taken ADHD meds. If you don’t take it for a test, you still gain massive benefits from taking it every day prior studying for the test, regardless of whether you actually have ADHD.

Is taking it on competition day the biggest issue? Of course. But taking it out of competition still provides benefits.

There's different types of steroids. Some are to increase muscle mass, some help with cutting, and some help with endurance/recovery. Considering he weighed in at the heavyweight limit he likely took the ones that help with cutting and/or endurance.

Weight loss aids are also banned such as diuretics and stimulants like ephedrine. Not everything is about building muscle
He popped for drostanolone, and anabolic steroid

Looks like Holly Holm gets another main event slot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back