International Missing Saudi Journalist Killed, Saudis Threaten Global Economic Repercussions if Punished

Conflicts of interest, IMO.

It would be empty words from an empty-headed administration anyways.

Will the world get Powell v.2 to swing some "evidence" around on the UN-floor?

Oh btw we're ready to declare Iran used chemical weapons(which is ironic because SA has used chem weapons in Yemen with our full support)

Archduke Khashoggi is becoming closer to reality

Jesus Christ.... you don't want the US to investigate this because you think it will hurt Trump's image?

This is taking bootlicking to a new level.

You realize even if Trump does nothing Congress can right?

Have you ever thought the US should defer to the UN on issues before?
No, because I want the punishment to fit the crime and I don't believe the Trump admin can come down that hard on Saudi Arabia for economical reasons. Right or wrong, that is truth of it. I think the best way is independent arbitration.

I don't care about his image, I just don't really need to hear the bitching about it. I'm just saying, there's no outcome that is going to please some people if its handled by the Trump admin.

No, because I want the punishment to fit the crime and I don't believe the Trump admin can come down that hard on Saudi Arabia for economical reasons. Right or wrong, that is truth of it. I think the best way is independent arbitration.

I don't care about his image, I just don't really need to hear the bitching about it. I'm just saying, there's no outcome that is going to please some people if its handled by the Trump admin.

This makes no sense. A US investigation and punishment doesn't stop the UN from doing their own thing.

This makes no sense. A US investigation and punishment doesn't stop the UN from doing their own thing.
It makes perfect sense and you'd just rather bitch about a lukewarm outcome than have it properly overseen by an independent council. I'm telling you right now, the US is going to wag their finger, impose some symbolic sanctions or two and that will be it. The US isn't alienating an ally over a journalist. Sorry, but its absurd that you think they would.

th

CIA: PRINCE DID IT...
Behind killing of Khashoggi...

How about this conversation between a president and a secretary of state with it subsequently being revealed that dikes were bombed? From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Vietnam's_dikes

Nixon: We've got to quit thinking in terms of a three-day strike [in the Hanoi-Haiphong area]. We've got to be thinking in terms of an all-out bombing attack - which will continue until they - Now by all-out bombing attack, I am thinking about things that go far beyond. I'm thinking of the dikes, I'm thinking of the railroad, I'm thinking, of course, the docks.
Kissinger: I agree with you.
President Nixon: We've got to use massive force.
Two hours later at noon, H. R. Haldeman and Ron Ziegler joined Kissinger and Nixon:
President: How many did we kill in Laos?
Ziegler: Maybe ten thousand - fifteen?
Kissinger: In the Laotian thing, we killed about ten, fifteen.
President: See, the attack in the North that we have in mind, power plants, whatever's left - POL [petroleum], the docks. And, I still think we ought to take the dikes out now. Will that drown people?
Kissinger: About two hundred thousand people.
President: No, no, no, I'd rather use the nuclear bomb. Have you got that, Henry?
Kissinger: That, I think, would just be too much.
President: The nuclear bomb, does that bother you?...I just want you to think big, Henry, for Christsakes.

When Henry Kissinger is the angel on your shoulder, you are indeed the fucking devil.

The problem with that is the UN. With Russia and China, they have become pretty much useless imo. Very hard to get things passed. Not saying dont go that route. Just saying the outcome may be minimal if any.

STILL waiting for the president to do a goddamned thing

I agree. An American citizen was murdered brutally in a foreign countries embassy. It's ridiculous that there have been no repurcussions.

The threat of financial repurcussions is what I'm interested in. How tied to the Saudi's are we that we'd just let this go?

I agree. An American citizen was murdered brutally in a foreign countries embassy. It's ridiculous that there have been no repurcussions.

The threat of financial repurcussions is what I'm interested in. How tied to the Saudi's are we that we'd just let this go?
Mark my words, he's waiting until the uproar dies down, hoping it'll just go away and Americans lose interest

It makes perfect sense and you'd just rather bitch about a lukewarm outcome than have it properly overseen by an independent council. I'm telling you right now, the US is going to wag their finger, impose some symbolic sanctions or two and that will be it. The US isn't alienating an ally over a journalist. Sorry, but its absurd that you think they would.

Coupled with all thats happening in Yemen, I think they should.

Mark my words, he's waiting until the uproar dies down, hoping it'll just go away and Americans lose interest

I want more. I want to know. So called most powerful Country in the world bows down to Saudi Arabia and Israel, like WTF.

It's financial for sure. But is it the finances of the US as a country or the personal finances of the US politicians?

Sanders is making some moves. He's not gonna let up on Yemen and will be forcing votes from Republicans AND Democrats. Hopefully it advances to a put up or shut up moment for Trump to sign it or veto.

Coupled with all thats happening in Yemen, I think they should.
Of course. Morally we SHOULD. I just think our ties with SA make it inappropriate for us to be the judge and jury. Again, I'm a little surprised there's disagreement on this.

Of course. Morally we SHOULD. I just think our ties with SA make it inappropriate for us to be the judge and jury. Again, I'm a little surprised there's disagreement on this.

Not disagreeing on Judge and jury part. But we can impose sanctions on a country over this stuff if we feel inclined. Hoping more european countries take interest. Maybe I missed it but seems like everyone has their head in the sand. Probably over the oil ties. Also, maybe we arent disagreeing all that much. Maybe I just need to get my morning coffee going. Beautiful saturday mornin.

Sanders is making some moves. He's not gonna let up on Yemen and will be forcing votes from Republicans AND Democrats. Hopefully it advances to a put up or shut up moment for Trump to sign it or veto.

Sanders is gonna pass away peacefully in his sleep soon. We need more than that.

Not disagreeing on Judge and jury part. But we can impose sanctions on a country over this stuff if we feel inclined. Hoping more european countries take interest. Maybe I missed it but seems like everyone has their head in the sand. Probably over the oil ties. Also, maybe we arent disagreeing all that much. Maybe I just need to get my morning coffee going. Beautiful saturday mornin.
Like I said earlier, Trump has already stated that punishing the Saudis is a tough thing to do without punishing ourselves. That right there leads me to believe the US's reaction will not be enough for a lot of people.

Like I said earlier, Trump has already stated that punishing the Saudis is a tough thing to do without punishing ourselves. That right there leads me to believe the US's reaction will not be enough for a lot of people.

Ah. Gotcha. Hes not wrong but of course we have to draw some lines in the sand as well. We would need more allies to make threats of any impact. Global oil prices would take a hit but we dont get a lot from Saudi I dont think so it would hurt us more in the pricing. The UN shoukd be getting involved at this point in Yemen

This is what I'm curious about. Does it punish your average everyday American or just the rich douchebags?

If it's the former, then why are we so reliant on these dicks? We produce more oil than them.

If it's the latter, then fuck them.

If it's weapons sales, then also fuck them.

Back