MNN (First Trailer for NEED FOR SPEED Starring Aaron Paul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Planning Live-Action JUNGLE BOOK Reboot

izmd02.jpg

Disney is swinging into development on a live-action adaptation of The Jungle Book, Rudyard Kipling

God died the moment Del Toro announced no HB3.

Is the new one going to have Jennifer Tilly showing her brests? If so, I'm in.

First Teaser Poster for CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Released

Marvel has released the first teaser poster for Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I love the poster, it's simple and effective but at the same time implies something ominous for the Star Spangled Avenger as we see his legendary shield full of battle scratches and stripped of its paint. The remaining red paint also works as it resembles some sort of blood splatter. Marvel will have its panel for Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Thor: The Dark World in Hall H on July 20th. The film hits theaters April 4, 2014.

Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Poster-Dragonlord.jpg

Last edited:
Vin Diesel Met with Marvel; Might Be Playing Vision in AVENGERS 2

Vin-Diesel-Vision-Avengers-Dragonlord.jpg

A few weeks ago, Vin Diesel revealed through his Facebook that Marvel wanted a meeting with the Riddick star. The comic book community was abuzz with the possibilities on what the meeting would be about and which Marvel character would Vin be playing. The most popular guess on what the role was among the fans was Thanos. I also made a suggestion on the perfect role for Mr. Diesel. Today, Vin posted in his Facebook that he has met with the Marvel executives, saying:

"Marvel meeting today... Only the people in the room can tell you what was discussed... P.s. Thanks to Our page, for pushing to make it happen... you know I get tunnel vision with my work... and after that meeting today... wow!"

Vin also posted a pic (see above) of himself standing in front of a framed cover of The Avengers issue 2. Now take that photo and his "tunnel vision" comment into consideration, and it's possible that Vin might be hinting that he will indeed be playing Vision in The Avengers 2. I've stated in the past that I feel certain type of actors (like Paul Bettany, Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch) would be my ideal choice to play the synthezoid. But if Vin gets the part, I don't really have any major gripes about it.

For those not familiar with the character, Vision is an android created by the robot Ultron to exact revenge on Avenger Henry Pym (Ant-Man), Vision was eventually convinced to shift allegiances and join the team. After a while, he and the mutant Scarlet Witch fell in love and eventually got married. Vision's powers and abilities include flight, superuman strength, intelligence, self-repair, density control ranging from invulnerability to intangibility, mass control, and solar energy projection.

First Red-Band Trailer for Spike Lee’s OLDBOY
(Posted first by Ablis89 in the Oldboy thread)

Oldboy-Hallway-Brolin-Dragonlord.jpg

FilmDistrict has released the first red-band trailer for director Spike Lee’s remake of Oldboy. For those unfamiliar with the story, it centers on a man (Josh Brolin) who is kidnapped for mysterious reasons, and is released twenty years later with no explanation. Once free, he goes on a mission to find his captor and take revenge. Lee’s fingerprints are all over this trailer, and the film looks to have a rather sinister tone despite its gorgeous cinematography courtesy of Sean Bobbitt. There are a couple of interesting deviations from Park Chan-wook‘s original film that are glimpsed, but there are also a few moments that are shot-for-shot recreations from the 2003 South Korean thriller.

Samuel L. Jackson is a welcome presence towards the end of the trailer, and it’s clear that Lee has no intention of toning down any of the story’s violence. This is promising stuff indeed. The film also stars Elizabeth Olsen, Sharlto Copley, Lance Reddick, Michael Imperioli, and James Ransone. Oldboy opens on October 25th.

[Unfortunately, I cannot post the red band trailer here since it contains some nudity. Go to YouTube to see the trailer.]

Activists Boycotting ENDER'S GAME; Orson Scott Card Responds

Enders-Game-Orson-Scott-Card-Dragonlord.jpg

A few months ago, pressure was placed upon DC Comics for hiring anti-gay activist, Orson Scott Card, for their new Adventures Of Superman anthology. He soon left the project. Now, a planned boycott of Card's Ender's Game is causing a stir. Earlier today, Geeks OUT, launched a website, "Skip Ender's Game," that encourages people to boycott the upcoming sci-fi film based on the author's personal views on gay rights, and especially gay marriage. Now, Orson Scott Card has penned a response:

"Ender

How about gay folks just don't watch his films instead of pressuring everyone else?

Funeral Fight Clip and New Logan Featurette for THE WOLVERINE

The-Wolverine-Funeral-Scene-Dragonlord.jpg

20th Century Fox has released the second clip and new featurette for The Wolverine. In the new clip, Logan (Hugh Jackman) is seen working as a bodyguard for Mariko (Tao Okamoto) while attending a funeral in Japan. Unfortunately, it's at this time that Mariko's attackers choose their moment, and the titular hero is thrown into action - alongside his accomplice Yukio (Rila Fukushima). The shotgun blast that Wolverine takes to the chest seems to have a pretty significant effect on him, suggesting that perhaps his healing powers aren't exactly at 100%. Fortunately, it looks like he has plenty of berserker rage within him to overcome the pain and still dish out plenty of whoop ass.

The new featurette focuses on Logan. It's not nearly as in-depth as the Ronin featurette from last week, focusing less on interviews with star Hugh Jackman and others, and instead emphasizing the actual action of the movie. "The great battle with Wolverine has always been the battle within himself," Jackman says in the new video. "Wolverine is the ultimate outsider, and at the beginning of our movie, he's probably more isolated than you've ever seen Wolverine." The film opens July 26th.

Funeral Fight Clip and New Logan Featurette for THE WOLVERINE

First Trailer for Fantasy Pic SEVENTH SON Starring Jeff Bridges

Seventh-Son-First-Image-Dragonlord.jpg

Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for director Sergey Bodrov’s fantasy-adventure film Seventh Son. The plot follows mystical knight Father Gregory (Jeff Bridges) and his apprentice Tom Ward (Ben Barnes) and their fight to defeat the evil witch, Mother Malkin (Julianne Moore) and her followers. The VFX-heavy trailer promises a large-scale entry into the fantasy genre and a goofy Jeff Bridges performance, but despite the impressive cast (and Big Lebowski reunion), it’s tough to tell whether this one will be a winner. The genre is a tough one to crack, and it’s unclear if Warner Bros. has something more substantial than recent flops like Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters or The Brothers Grimm in store for audiences.

The pic’s release date was recently moved (again) from this coming October to January due to delays in the visual effects process, but a push to January is rarely the best of signs. Here’s hoping Seventh Son proves to be a pleasant surprise. The film also stars Kit Harington, Alicia Vikander, Djimon Hounsou, Olivia Williams, and Antje Traue. Seventh Son opens on January 17, 2014.

First Trailer for SEVENTH SON Starring Jeff Bridges, Julianne Moore

Legendary Officially Signs 5-Year Deal with Universal Pictures

Legendary-Pictures-Universal-Dragonlord.jpg

It was previously reported that the partnership between production company Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. Studios was coming to a close. Today, Universal Pictures and Legendary Entertainment have officially agreed to enter into a five-year production and co-financing partnership, starting in 2014, in which Universal will market and distribute Legendary's movies worldwide, both companies announced Wednesday.

Legendary hopes to take advantage of Universal's theme parks and cross-promotional opportunities from other Comcast properties through its new deal. The two companies will explore ways to expand Legendary's franchises and intellectual property into Universal's theme parks, and Universal will be able to collaborate with Legendary on projects in China due to the latter's deal with China Film Group, the companies said.

Sources with knowledge of the situation told THR on Tuesday that NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke has been enamored of Legendary -- and Universal was the obvious partner for Legendary given its many outlets, including its theme parks and its roster of more than two dozen national television networks including NBC, USA and Bravo. Having recently hired former Warner Bros. Television chief Bruce Rosenblum, it is clear that Legendary hopes to expand aggressively in that area. Another attraction, says a source, was the fact that Universal has no other financing partner.

Legendary Entertainment Officially Signs 5-Year Deal with Universal Pictures

ive got to admit the oldboy remake looks pretty fucking badass judging by the trailer...if very similar to the original movie.
Im not a fan of unnecessary remakes but i'll probably see it because Brolin is so great.

Johnny Depp to Star in MORTDECAI for Director David Koepp

2q1aufa.jpg

With his not-so-hot box office performance of Disney

I am pumped for pacific rim and wolverine. Oldboy doesn't look half bad either.

really hoping oldboy compares to the original.

MACHETE KILLS to Premiere at Fantastic Fest 2013

Fantastic Fest 2013 has announced its opening night film, and it will be the World Premiere of director Robert Rodriguez

Oldboy trailer looks slick.........and violent.

Oldboy looks like shit just like I thought it would. I'm a fan of Brolin but at no point in that trailer did he look completely mad to me. Choi Min-sik looked and behaved like a truly disturbed person in the original and I'm not getting that from Brolin's performance in that trailer. 20 years in one room tends to make people go batshit.

We shall see but I'm confident that this is gonna bomb and prove that Hollywood needs to stop remaking foreign films.

why does samuel l jackson looks like he belonged in the fifth element with that outfit? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back