MNN (First Trailer for NEED FOR SPEED Starring Aaron Paul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Image from SOLACE Starring Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell

Anthony Hopkins is returning to the world of grisly crime -- only this time, he's on the side of the law. In the indie supernatural thriller Solace, Hopkins stars as a psychic crime analyst who comes out of retirement to help a veteran FBI agent, played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, solve a series of bizarre murders. Abbie Cornish plays the FBI agent's ambitious young partner. Colin Farrell plays the killer, who boasts his own supernatural powers. Director Afonso Poyart (2 Rabbits) wraps principal photography this week in Atlanta.

solace_exclusive_a_l.jpg

First Look at Anthony Hopkins and Jeffrey Dean Morgan in 'Solace'

TEXAS CHAINSAW Producers Aiming to Remake DAY OF THE DEAD

2jbwcxz.jpg

Earlier this year, producers Lati Grobman and Christa Campbell released their sequel, Texas Chainsaw 3D. According to Deadline, the duo are now teaming with Millennium Films and setting their sights on remaking George A. Romero

First Official Look at Aaron Eckhart in I, FRANKENSTEIN

Set in a dystopic present where vigilant gargoyles and ferocious demons rage in a battle for ultimate power, Victor Frankenstein's creation Adam (Aaron Eckhart) finds himself caught in the middle as both sides race to discover the secret to his immortality. The film also stars Bill Nighy, Yvonne Strahovski (mine!), Miranda Otto, Jai Courtney and Socratis Otto. The film is set to hit theaters January 24th, 2014.

I_Frankenstein_EW_7_11_13.jpg

Aaron Eckhart Featured in First Official I, FRANKENSTEIN Still

First Trailer for SAVING MR. BANKS Starring Tom Hanks

2e375oy.jpg

The first trailer has been release for John Lee Hancock‘s Saving Mr. Banks. The film focuses on Walt Disney’s (Tom Hanks) twenty-year pursuit of the film rights to author P.L. Travers’ (Emma Thompson) novel Mary Poppins and the rocky relationship that formed between the two. In some ways, it’s pure Oscar-bait and easily digestible as well as a little on the sappy side, but it also looks quite charming. Hanks and Thompson look like they have great chemistry.

The film also stars Colin Farrell, Paul Giamatti, Jason Schwartzman, Bradley Whitford, Annie Rose Buckley, Ruth Wilson, B.J. Novak, Rachel Griffiths, and Kathy Baker. Saving Mr. Banks opens in limited release on December 13th before going wide December 20th.

Trailer for SAVING MR. BANKS Starring Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson

3rd Clip and Harada/Yukio Featurette for THE WOLVERINE

The-Wolverine-Yukio-Harada-Dragonlord.jpg

The latest clip from The Wolverine gives us a flashback sequence from World War II, as Japanese soldiers try to flee an atom bomb raid. Logan (Hugh Jackman) uses his bone claws and healing abilities to save a terrified prison guard in this important sequence that sets up why The Wolverine is brought back to Japan decades after his apparent heroism.

The latest featurette focuses on Harada (Will Yun Lee). Harada, also known as The Silver Samurai in the comics, describes his character as the leader of a clan of super-ninjas whose sole purpose is to defend Mariko (Tao Okamoto). His character is also skilled at parkour and archery. We know that the Silver Samurai is in the movie, but this featurette doesn’t divulge any details on that character, so it’s possible that he’s unrelated to Harada.

The second featurette highlights Rila Fukushima’s capable character Yukio, showing off a variety of her weapon skills. It looks like the two will be paired up for a good portion of the film so hopefully the chemistry we’re seeing in this featurette continues.

3rd Clip and Harada, Yukio Featurette for THE WOLVERINE

First Official Look at Aaron Eckhart in I, FRANKENSTEIN

Set in a dystopic present where vigilant gargoyles and ferocious demons rage in a battle for ultimate power, Victor Frankenstein's creation Adam (Aaron Eckhart) finds himself caught in the middle as both sides race to discover the secret to his immortality. The film also stars Bill Nighy, Yvonne Strahovski (mine!), Miranda Otto, Jai Courtney and Socratis Otto. The film is set to hit theaters January 24th, 2014.

I_Frankenstein_EW_7_11_13.jpg

Aaron Eckhart Featured in First Official I, FRANKENSTEIN Still

Of course Bill Nighy is in it.

First Images from OUT OF THE FURNACE Starring Christian Bale

The first images from Scott Cooper's Out of the Furnace have been released. Christian Bale stars as a steelworker who confronts a local criminal (Woody Harrelson) while searching for his missing brother (Casey Affleck), an Iraq War veteran. Cooper says that the Pearl Jam song

I don't even care about The Dragon Tattoo Trilogy or 20,000 Leagues anymore. I just want Fincher to make a movie already, dammit! Also, Emily Blunt for the lead actress please.

First Look at Electro's Costume in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
(Posted first by Afro Samurai in the Spider-Man thread)

2wdolme.jpg

A week from now, Comic-Con 2013 kicks off in earnest, thus beginning five days of non-stop craziness and first looks at some of the most exciting films, TV shows, comics, etc. heading our way in the near future. Entertainment Weekly is getting a jump on this year’s Con, as the cover of this week’s issue gives us our first official look at Andrew Garfield’s Spidey and Jamie Foxx’s Electro squaring off in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

The sequel is looking like it will have a number of villains—Paul Giamatti as Rhino is confirmed, and we’ve got Dane DeHaan playing Harry Osborn, though it’s unclear if he’ll go bad this time around—but the film’s principal baddie is Foxx’s Electro. The character appears to undergo a drastic change in appearance in the film, and director Marc Webb’s take on the character is also rather different from the comics iteration.

Click HERE and HERE to see the Entertainment Weekly cover and Electro's costume.

Last edited:
Sam Mendes Confirmed to Direct JAMES BOND 24; Coming in 2015

Skyfall-Sam-Mendes-Daniel-Craig-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, EON Productions; Gary Barber, Chairman & CEO, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer; Michael Lynton, CEO, Sony Entertainment, Inc, and Amy Pascal, Co-Chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment today announced that Daniel Craig will once again return as the legendary British secret agent in the 24th James Bond film and Sam Mendes will also return to direct the screenplay written by John Logan. The film is set for release in UK theaters on October 23, 2015 and in US theaters on November 6, 2015 (currently the same date as Ant-Man and Peanuts).

Skyfall, the 23rd James Bond film, took in $1.1 billion worldwide and set a new mark as the highest-grossing film of all time in the UK; it was the best-selling Bond film on DVD/Blu-ray and was the most critically acclaimed film in the history of the longest-running film franchise.

Commenting on the announcement, Wilson and Broccoli said, "Following the extraordinary success of 'Skyfall,' we're really excited to be working once again with Daniel Craig, Sam Mendes and John Logan.”

"I am very pleased that by giving me the time I need to honour all my theatre commitments, the producers have made it possible for me to direct 'Bond 24.' I very much look forward to taking up the reins again, and to working with Daniel Craig, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli for a second time,” said Mendes.

First Look at Electro's Costume in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2

The character appears to undergo a drastic change in appearance in the film, and director Marc Webb’s take on the character is also rather different from the comics iteration.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he based on Ultimate Electro? If so, his appearance is definitely loyal to the source material.

94460pcn-spider-e1366600764499.jpg
284439_450.png

Ben Affleck in Talks to Star in David Fincher

First Teaser Trailer for HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2

DreamWorks Animation has released the first teaser trailer for How to Train Your Dragon 2. No plot is conveyed in this teaser trailer. Instead, it throws us back to the joy of the flying sequences in the first movie, and then ups the ante. We see a confident (and hot) Hiccup pulling daredevil stunts, and for a teaser trailer, it’s a perfect announcement that the sequel is on the way. The film also features the voices of Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, T.J. Miller, Kristen Wiig, Kit Harrington, and Gerard Butler. How to Train Your Dragon 2 opens in 3D on June 20, 2014.

Synopsis: The thrilling second chapter of the epic “How to Train Your Dragon” trilogy brings back the fantastical world of Hiccup and Toothless five years later. While Astrid, Snoutlout and the rest of the gang are challenging each other to dragon races (the island’s new favorite contact sport), the now inseparable pair journey through the skies, charting unmapped territories and exploring new worlds. When one of their adventures leads to the discovery of a secret ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace.

Teaser Trailer for DreamWorks Animation's HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2

I've been waiting for a post-IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE kung fu flick from Wong Kar Wai. Now that it's here, and Christopher Doyle isn't involved, I don't know how it'll go. I'll be sure to let you know, tho...

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he based on Ultimate Electro? If so, his appearance is definitely loyal to the source material.

You're correct. The "drastic change in appearance" part probably meant in comparison to the 616 version of Electro.

I'm gonna admit to everyone....

How to Train Your Dragon is one of my favorite movies. PUMPED for the sequel

Utterly shameful.

Calibrated my television's video settings to it, incidentally. Roger Deakins, man. Ya filthy animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back