Morgan Freeman accused of inappropriate behavior by 8 women

I believe 1% of these accusations nowadays.

inb4 "part of the problem"

I'm not going to waste a lot of time with someone appealing to emotion and white knighting who does not understand the logic fallacy they are putting forth.

Suffice it to say many work place romances and marriages started with way worse than what you point out.
Are you going to be 'offended on behalf of' all those married women who should be calling out their, now, husbands for abuse?
Again it cannot be fine if she likes and is receptive and abuse if she does not.

I seriously doubt thats the case with Freeman since those women clearly did not welcome any of that. Or are you suggesting he was having alot of work place romances going on recently and making up an excuse for Freeman.

And for the person who brought up having his ass grabbed at a bar, that's an idiotic excuse. The bar is not a place of work.

giphy.gif
Came here for this.

You can only get away with sexual behavior if you are handsome. And Morgan Is an old black man with freckles.

this is crazy, i dont understand what the hell is going on these days
will somebody please get Ja Rule on the line so we could make sense of this?

I seriously doubt thats the case with Freeman since those women clearly did not welcome any of that. Or are you suggesting he was having alot of work place romances going on recently and making up an excuse for Freeman.

And for the person who brought up having his ass grabbed at a bar, that's an idiotic excuse. The bar is not a place of work.
I am saying the point is not whether the women welcomed it or not. If that is the standard then men either have to be mind readers or never initiate flirting as they will never find out until they flirt whether it will be well received or not and the standard cannot be 'if she is interested then it was ok to do but if she is not interested then it was wrong to do.'

I am saying the point is not whether the women welcomed it or not. If that is the standard then men either have to be mind readers or never initiate flirting as they will never find out until they flirt whether it will be well received or not and the standard cannot be 'if she is interested then it was ok to do but if she is not interested then it was wrong to do.'

Thats does not make sense, because it wasn't flirting at all. He was making overtly sexual comments and he actually got physical. Its common sense not to say overtly sexual remarks at work unless you've established some relationship outside of work. And we can assume that Freeman isn't having a 'relationship' with all those women.

Are you one of those people who were making fun and disparaging the gymnasts in the Larry Nasser thread before?

Thats does not make sense, because it wasn't flirting at all. He was making overtly sexual comments and he actually got physical. Its common sense not to say overtly sexual remarks at work unless you've established some relationship outside of work. And we can assume that Freeman isn't having a 'relationship' with all those women.

Are you one of those people who were making fun and disparaging the gymnasts in the Larry Nasser thread before?

I don't agree with your classification of it not being flirting. I think that is exactly what he thought he was doing. Whether he had real intent to close on it or was just playing around in his mind is the only question i am not sure of.

I am curious if you do not think it was flirting what do you think it was? A genuine attempt to rape via ripping her skirt up?

I have no idea what you are referring to re Larry Nasser. Not familiar with the thread or topic.

That said my position on this is well known. I believe that sexual interaction is NECESSARILY ugly, and clumsy and often not desired and that needs to be accepted as OK. You cannot say it is only ok when a woman wants it but it is wrong when she does not. However a person crosses a line when they try to assert a position of power over another and there is a real or implied threat. We are seeing this dangerous trend where someone simply saying the action was not wanted or appreciated is tantamount to abuse and that is wrong.

I don't agree with your classification of it not being flirting. I think that is exactly what he thought he was doing. Whether he had real intent to close on it or was just playing around in his mind is the only question i am not sure of.

I am curious if you do not think it was flirting what do you think it was? A genuine attempt to rape via ripping her skirt up?
I have no idea what you are referring to re Larry Nasser. Not familiar with the thread or topic.

That said my position on this is well known. I believe that sexual interaction is NECESSARILY ugly, and clumsy and often not desired and that needs to be accepted as OK. You cannot say it is only ok when a woman wants it but it is wrong when she does not. However a person crosses a line when they try to assert a position of power over another and there is a real or implied threat. We are seeing this dangerous trend where someone simply saying the action was not wanted or appreciated is tantamount to abuse and that is wrong.

Kind of shocking that you actually believe "sexual interaction" that is "NECESSARILY ugly, and clumsy" and "often not desired" "needs to be accepted as OK" even in the workplace because that is where the controversy lies with Freeman. Not after hours in a bar or someplace private.

You ideal workplace must look like a zoo, with people carrying out "necessarily" crude physical interactions of a sexual nature. But that seems to be ok for you because it still doesn't cross the threshold of an actual rape attempt.

Larry Nassar is the disgraced gymnastics federation coach who got away with molesting girls for a long time, its all over the news.

Morgan Freeman now, is nobody safe from these conniving she devils..... give every alt left female what they want, move em to some secluded place where it’s only them and ultra cuck men available for being a sensitive friend and reproducing, that is until the babie men start “sexually harassing” their mothers by suckin on them titties and then they’re drowned. I figure the entire event would t make it two generations and the rest of us would just be Rollin through life gropin and makin paper

Come on. This guy knew he was a hotshot and made women uncomfortable with sexual advances. It isn't fuckin hard to figure out. You don't walk up to women you have power over and sniff over them like you are a judge at a dog show and they are dogs.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...-accused-of-inappropriate-behavior-by-8-women

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/entertainment/morgan-freeman-accusations/index.html

Multiple women have accused actor Morgan Freeman of harassment and inappropriate behavior, alleging he inappropriately touched them and made suggestive comments about their appearance, CNN reportedThursday.

The news outlet spoke with eight people who say they were harassed on production sets or on promotional tours, and eight others who say they witnessed Freeman's alleged inappropriate behavior.

One woman told CNN that Freeman rubbed her lower back and tried lifting up her skirt while she was working on the movie set for “Going In Style.”

CNN reporter Chloe Melas, who co-authored Thursday’s expose, alleged that Freeman made inappropriate comments to her about her pregnancy when she was covering the release of the film.

Melas said Freeman told her “I wish I was there” while cameras were recording. Melas, said Freeman continued by telling her, "You are ripe." As is typical of press junkets, Melas was the only CNN reporter present at the time.

No one is immune to the Me Too movement. If the star of some of the consensus greatest films of all time like Deep Impact, Chain Reaction, The Sum of All Fears, and Evan Almighty can be accused of wrongdoing, anyone can.
somebody may a post yesterday asking which celebrities they thought would be next. I made and extravagant list and debated on morgan freeman for a while, and then I decided nah I don't think he's that guy. Then this....lol

I'm calling it.

This will push him to death if the media and everybody picks up on this stuff.

Kevin Spacey was / is young enough to ride it. Morgan isn't.

I'm surprised anyone is surprised at this point, Hollywood is a cesspool.

I imagined him narrating for some reason.

Kind of shocking that you actually believe "sexual interaction" that is "NECESSARILY ugly, and clumsy" and "often not desired" "needs to be accepted as OK" even in the workplace because that is where the controversy lies with Freeman. Not after hours in a bar or someplace private.

You ideal workplace must look like a zoo, with people carrying out "necessarily" crude physical interactions of a sexual nature. But that seems to be ok for you because it still doesn't cross the threshold of an actual rape attempt.

Larry Nassar is the disgraced gymnastics federation coach who got away with molesting girls for a long time, its all over the news.

I am a realist. You are not. You think most average Joes are these smooth talking studs who know exactly which women to approach and exactly what to say and that is it not generally awkward and uncomfortable.

If you accept that guys will be awkward and clumsy and many times the approach or banter may not be desired or wanted by the woman but the man does not know that, then you cannot also say he is wrong or a bad guy for trying, even if it makes the woman feel uncomfortable. Sorry we cannot have our cake and eat it too expecting the guy to do all the approaching and expecting he will only approach women who want it and he will be smooth and debonair in doing it. NO. In expecting the guy to approach you have to ACCEPT that many approaches will be undesired, clumsy and awkward. Necessarily ugly as that is part of approaching.

You are speaking to an ideal. An ideal that just CANNOT exist. An ideal where guys only approach women who want them to and an ideal where they guy is always smooth and the contact always desired. That simply is not reality. And to say every guy is wrong, abusive or other for trying if his attempt is undesired or awkward or clumsy is wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back