Morgan Freeman accused of inappropriate behavior by 8 women

i'm not interested in playing your straw man games where you make up things for him and me and then demand defense.

We don't have the information on what happened. When an adult says to a child I am going to grab your nose off are they really trying to do it or playing around? Was he really trying to lift her skirt or as someone else said up thread, if you want to lift a skirt it will be lifted. I think in his mind he was playfully teasing and not meaning offense but I won't speak for him since I was not there.

I wonder how you think all those marriages and relationships start at work? If you have seen the percentages between subordinate and senior? Do you assume A white sterile room meeting place where everything is PC and monitored?

Sorry but flirting and relationship are NECESSARILY ugly and clumsy and uncomfortable and the big danger is saying that 'when they work out that is ok but when they don't work out it was abuse'. Now if you have info that says he persisted or threatened after it was made clear the attention or advance was not wanted that is a different thing. But just getting up in arms about the attempt, clumsy or not, is just wrong.

What did I make up? You're the fucking idiot who didn't read the article but already have your mind made up because of your hate for Metoo and I'm the one with the straw mans?

In one incident, she said, Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again. Eventually, she said, "Alan [Arkin] made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say."

Just some "awkward flirting.."

Several other times during this investigation, when a CNN reporter contacted a person who had worked with Freeman to try to ask them if they had seen or been subjected to inappropriate behavior by an actor they had worked with -- not initially even naming the actor they were asking about -- the person would immediately tell them they knew exactly who the reporter had in mind: Morgan Freeman.

Those damn women should have kept quiet! Fuck the Metoo movement!

Read the article next time before making a comment on something you don't know about. This is nothing like the Aziz Ansari incident which was the real problem with the Metoo movement.

What did I make up? You're the fucking idiot who didn't read the article but already have your mind made up because of your hate for Metoo and I'm the one with the straw mans?

Just some "awkward flirting.."

Those damn women should have kept quiet! Fuck the Metoo movement!

Read the article next time before making a comment on something you don't know about. This is nothing like the Aziz Ansari incident which was the real problem with the Metoo movement.
You must of missed the part you were trying to quote as you stated he did lift up the ladies skirt. Where does that say that. Where is the proof the ladies skirt was lifted up. Please provide and we can talk further.

(your next strawman will be 'dad tries to take kids nose' because kid is quoted saying 'dad was saying I am going to grab your nose')

Should people only give a shit from 2018 and on? Where's the deadline exactly? What's wrong with shedding light on people who abused their power? Plus if you read the article, some of these things were only a few years back.

If this makes you "sick and tired," then how does it make the people who go through this shit feel? Should women just stay away from Hollywood because this is an actual thing and in your eyes, reporting on it is a bad thing?
Look dude, I honestly feel terrible for anyone that is a genuine victim.

But I have to doubt if the claims are authentic or if its just an attempted money/attention grab when they report it years and years later.

If something happens to me, I'm taking action immediately. I'm coming after whoever wronged me full force, fuck the consequences. I'm not going to stay quiet for 15-30 years until 5 other people bring it up and then say "oh yea me too!"

I have no doubt a lot of the women in the me2movement are real victims that just didn't want to shake the boat or lose their jobs. I also have no doubts a lot of them are embellishing or flat out lying for some ulterior motive.

Also I'll go ahead and say I dont feel sorry at all for any women that "had" to sleep with some pig to get an acting gig or whatever. You made your choice. You could have chose another career. You chose to sleep with him for the sake of fame and money. IMO thats scummy behavior on the mans part, but not rape. I strongly do not feel we should devalue the term "rape" for situations like that. Real rape is horrific and traumatizing. its not a choice someone makes to get a movie role.

I'm sure you would say the same exact thing if your gf, wife, mother or sister came back home after working for a guy who not only made sexual comments to her but also tried lifting her skirt...

<YeahOKJen>

Idiot

I would have expected my wife to punch him in the face.

Everyone does dumb shit at one point or another.

Would you want someone bringing up some bullshit you did 30 years ago today? Probably not.

People change. Times change. Sorry, if it's been that long your statute of limitations is up. Should've come forward earlier. You know, like around the time it actually happened.

Bringing these things up before wasn't easy. I think you're forgetting this. It was much easier for a person with money or power to "make a story go away." Also some random secretary of a celebrity never had a voice until social media came along. This is why we hear this things more today and not 15 years ago. It's really simple...

When you have somebody who has abused their power with multiple people, it's not to hard to see why accusers feel more confident in shedding light on this as a group or while being asked by a reporter. Many of these accusations weren't people who just randomly came out on their own, this was an investigation done by reporters who reached out to many people. Should they have said nothing ever happened?

This wasn't a simple mistake or just some "dumb shit" as you put it. This is a guy with power who abused it for years and years and is now being exposed. Is that really something to fight against? And you say people change, do you honestly think people like this change on their own?

This wasn't a simple mistake or just some "dumb shit" as you put it. This is a guy with power who abused it for years and years and is now being exposed. Is that really something to fight against? And you say people change, do you honestly think people like this change on their own?

I presume you're talking about Morgan Freeman.

None of the accusations in the article seem particularly bad to me. This isn't Weinstein-level shit here. Some lewd comments and him "trying" to lift up a girl's dress?

Sounds like he did some shit that made a few girls uncomfortable. That's all I'm seeing. Nothing approaching sexual assault or rape or the kind of shit that's actually worth getting worked up over.

You must of missed the part you were trying to quote as you stated he did lift up the ladies skirt. Where does that say that. Where is the proof the ladies skirt was lifted up. Please provide and we can talk further.

(your next strawman will be 'dad tries to take kids nose' because kid is quoted saying 'dad was saying I am going to grab your nose')

The only idiot here is the one who thinks because he wasn't successful in actually lifting her skirt because of her resisting, means he didn't try to in the first place or it doesn't matter.. Not only that but you're also trying to say that "trying" to lift a skirt is just "awkward flirting."

<YeahOKJen>

Your own words which you've repeatedly stated so take your straw mans and shove em up your ass. Ironically you're the one coming here with nothing but straw mans with the audacity to now ask, "Well how else do you think the many people in work environments got together?"

Derp derp

The only idiot here is the one who thinks because he wasn't successful in actually lifting her skirt because of her resisting, means he didn't try to in the first place or it doesn't matter.. Not only that but you're also trying to say that "trying" to lift a skirt is just "awkward flirting."

<YeahOKJen>

Your own words which you've repeatedly stated so take your straw mans and shove em up your ass. Ironically you're the one coming here with nothing but straw mans with the audacity to now ask, "Well how else do you think the many people in work environments got together?"

Derp derp.

I just think I have real world experience with women and you do not.

As someone else said up thread it would be pretty much impossible that if a guy really had the intention to lift a girls skirt up that he would not accomplish it. I honestly do not think you could fail.

i think it is far more likely that in his mind he was simply playing at it and thought it flirty but would have never followed through.

But that is not my point. My point is that I don't know for sure and YOU don't know for sure but you will continue to act like you do.

You're comparing groupies to women who work in Hollywood. That's idiotic. Nobody at their work should have to deal with sexual comments, being groped and getting their skirts lifted.

That's true.. But it's your mom and your sister that want a shot with a famous guy, not just groupies. Don't be delusional to keep chicks on a pedastool.

None of the accusations in the article seem particularly bad to me. This isn't Weinstein-level shit here. Some lewd comments and him "trying" to lift up a girl's dress?

Sounds like he did some shit that made a few girls uncomfortable. That's all I'm seeing. Nothing approaching sexual assault or rape or the kind of shit that's actually worth getting worked up over.

It has to compare to Weinstein to be labeled wrong by you?

If your mother or wife came home and complained about her boss trying to lift up her skirt and made sexual comments about her... Would your reply be,

"None of the accusations seem particularly bad to me."

"This isn't Weinstein-level shit here."

"Nothing approaching sexual assault or rape or the kind of shit that's actually worth getting worked up over."

<LikeReally5>

I'm sure you'd tell her to quit but you're basically saying that this isn't so bad and that she she shouldn't bother telling anyone in hopes that a guy like that won't continue to do this.. You're enabling these type of people with your logic and you're also putting all the false accusers and mixing them up with every other one.

Read the article, it's more like an investigation with multiple accusers and witnesses. This isn't no lame Aziz Ansari incident, this is a man who abused his power at work, a very well known man.

HAHA, well, trying to get laid would be asking a woman for coffee, or dinner. Lifting her skirt is not even in the ballpark of acceptable behavior.
If they like it it's perfect. It's just what they want.

It has to compare to Weinstein to be labeled wrong by you?

If your mother or wife came home and complained about her boss trying to lift up her skirt and made sexual comments about her... Would your reply be,

"None of the accusations seem particularly bad to me."

"This isn't Weinstein-level shit here."

"Nothing approaching sexual assault or rape or the kind of shit that's actually worth getting worked up over."

<LikeReally5>

I'm sure you'd tell her to quit but you're basically saying that this isn't so bad and that she she shouldn't bother telling anyone in hopes that a guy like that won't continue to do this.. You're enabling these type of people with your logic and you're also putting all the false accusers and mixing them up with every other one.

Read the article, it's more like an investigation with multiple accusers and witnesses. This isn't no lame Aziz Ansari incident, this is a man who abused his power at work, a very well known man.

You're right that I would tell her to quit and I would expect the same from any of these women if they were too uncomfortable working around him.

But I would still recognize it as the actions of some pervy old man who's pushing boundaries, not as some serious sexual predator to get in an uproar about.

Does all this really make you think and feel differently about Morgan Freeman?

That whole lifting the woman's skirt was way outta line if true. The rest of that shit I do not care about.

I've had my ass grabbed by random women at work and at the club/bar. When I've told people about that (particularly some women) they just say, "you should have gotten her number" or " "so what?"

I should not have to be sexually harassed because I'm a black guy with a nice rump. Hashtag MeToo

And you nailed it.

These are the things that are awkward flirting. Fine when the girl is into you and they work. Wrong only in hindsight if she is not and accusing.

I just think I have real world experience with women and you do not.

As someone else said up thread it would be pretty much impossible that if a guy really had the intention to lift a girls skirt up that he would not accomplish it. I honestly do not think you could fail.

i think it is far more likely that in his mind he was simply playing at it and thought it flirty but would have never followed through.

But that is not my point. My point is that I don't know for sure and YOU don't know for sure but you will continue to act like you do.

Appearently you're fine with your mother having to deal with a boss that makes comments about her underwear and tries to lift up her skirt all because of your so called "real world experience with women."

"That's just awkward flirting mom."

No that was your point... And it's pathetic that you've went this far in trying to defend it.

In one incident, she said, Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again. Eventually, she said, "Alan [Arkin] made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say."

She moved away from him and another guy who was there at the time had to tell Freeman to stop. This is why he was unsuccessful in lifting up her skirt. But continue to try and make this ridiculous point that it's all in the name of awkward flirting and that if he really wanted to, he'd lift her skirt..

In regards to who knows what..

In all, 16 people spoke to CNN about Freeman as part of this investigation, eight of whom said they were victims of what some called harassment and others called inappropriate behavior by Freeman. Eight said they witnessed Freeman's alleged conduct. These 16 people together described a pattern of inappropriate behavior by Freeman on set, while promoting his movies and at his production company Revelations Entertainment.

8 accusers/victims and 8 witnesses is not enough proof for you? Do you need video evidence?

Several other times during this investigation, when a CNN reporter contacted a person who had worked with Freeman to try to ask them if they had seen or been subjected to inappropriate behavior by an actor they had worked with -- not initially even naming the actor they were asking about -- the person would immediately tell them they knew exactly who the reporter had in mind: Morgan Freeman.

Seems like many people on the inside(unlike ourselves), are backing these accusations up.

The problem here is that you chose not to read this article(probably because of it's length) and now you're trying to make shitty points blaming MeToo and women not understanding awkward flirting. This article is more like an investigation and anyone who actually reads it would not be trying to defend the guy.

He made these mistakes repeatedly and now he's getting called out on it. Nothing wrong with that.

You're right that I would tell her to quit and I would expect the same from any of these women if they were too uncomfortable working around him.

But I would still recognize it as the actions of some pervy old man who's pushing boundaries, not as some serious sexual predator to get in an uproar about.

Does all this really make you think and feel differently about Morgan Freeman?
I have to believe Luchabear is just naive with women which often leads to white knighting.

As I stated up thread relationships and marriages in the work place are probably the biggest segment of how people meet. If he thinks that if you had video of all those couples meeting and the early flirting and it would all be sanitized and clean and sterile he is, quite simply delusional.

In almost all cases prior to them being a couple there would be awkward flirting moments and "inappropriate stuff said and done" that if looked at in hindsight AFTER by an accusing party would look terrible. But because those relationships were successful, no harm, no foul.

That CANNOT be the standard, that it is ok if the relationship works but wrong to do if it does not. There has to be a recognition that flirtation, which society still largely expects the man to initiate is NECESSARILY clumsy, awkward and often not desired and THAT IS OK. it is OK as women do not want to be the one who has to initiate. They want the men to initiate which means they need to accept it might be clumsy and it might come from a guy they have zero interest in.

If these women were suggesting Morgan was threatening their employment or future that would be entirely different. But if he was merely shot down and moved on then boo hoo.

Some of you in this thread should do a little light reading. The very first sentence of the CNN article says "...in the summer of 2015." These aren't "ancient claims," these just happened within the past five years or so.

Appearently you're fine with your mother having to deal with a boss that makes comments about her underwear and tries to lift up her skirt all because of your so called "real world experience with women."

"That's just awkward flirting mom."....
I'm not going to waste a lot of time with someone appealing to emotion and white knighting who does not understand the logic fallacy they are putting forth.

Suffice it to say many work place romances and marriages started with way worse than what you point out.

Are you going to be 'offended on behalf of' all those married women who should be calling out their, now, husbands for abuse?

Again it cannot be fine if she likes and is receptive and abuse if she does not.

Just starting a day or two ago, they started having Morgan Freeman doing announcements on our trains (and maybe buses.)

Well, that didn’t last long.

Just saw the news and that it's no longer happening. Sad because I take the skytrain when I go to metro town and was looking forward to it.

Back