My entire town is burning down.

Watching this video gave me such anxiety. Once they come out of the tunnel you literally can’t see shit, and it somehow just keeps getting worse. Swear to god, if this happened to me I’d panic and die lmao. The sad truth.

(Sorry, don’t know how to embed)

that is horrific, crying my eyes out right now

that is horrific, crying my eyes out right now
Yeah I went looking through videos on Instagram and started crying at a video of police helping an old dog that was left behind. Poor thing was in rough shape and in shock. Hope he makes it through :(

Yeah I went looking through videos on Instagram and started crying at a video of police helping an old dog that was left behind. Poor thing was in rough shape and in shock. Hope he makes it through :(
I'm not going to watch that one, sounds like a real tearjerker

I haven't got over that video of a youth who threw a kitten into the road, animal cruelty sucks.

I haven't got over that video of a youth who threw a kitten into the road, animal cruelty sucks.
WHAT THE FUCK

God I hate people so much sometimes.

Worst fire in California history. 6,500 houses gone and only 5% containment. 9 dead. 300 businesses gone. It will only get worse. A whole community has been erased.

I probably won't go back. A whole little universe wasted.

The whole place is flattened.

Look on the bright side, you’re wife is pregnant so that means you got laid. That’s something.

How we speak about things affects how we think.
Why say, "My town is burning down"?
Down is negative thinking.

Say, "My town is burning up"!
Up is positive!
:)

Idk if this is appropriate but... there are skeletons left in the seats of burned out cars in this video... this is very NSFW. And devastating. Wow

Holy shit that is terrifying. Reminds me of T2

SentimentalSparseHog-size_restricted.gif

Damn my brother spent 24 hours on the line yesterday. Saved a neighborhood with just their engine company after fighting on the line in the woods.

Said he had 45 mins of sleep in 32 hours. And that was in his turnouts on the asphalt.

Damn I can't believe it's only about 30% contained. And I thought Santa Rosa was bad... It's so crazy because I remember hearing that it was going to be windy that day and I was thinking damn it hasn't even rained yet this season and almost everytime there is a extremely windy day some fire happens up here in nor-cal. It seems like this past several years have been crazy up here. I don't remember there being so many large fires up here a decade ago; most were in so-cal. Just looked at the weather report and it looks like we will finally have some rain in a week from now, but a little too late for that...

Good luck to you an your family an have a speedy recovery.

You don't want to be stuck in traffic in a forest fire. Absolutely horrendous way to go. RIP.
All it takes is a few to panic and abandoned their cars to ruin it for everyone.

All it takes is a few to panic and abandoned their cars to ruin it for everyone.
Oh god I had never even thought about that!

I need to move out of BC before a fire catches me. I don’t stand a chance lol.

Oh god I had never even thought about that!

I need to move out of BC before a fire catches me. I don’t stand a chance lol.
Where I live is pretty safe from fires, basically the whole lower mainland is. It's more out east, the Okanagan and north of there where I think the real fire threats are.

Nothing makes me see red like animal cruelty. My entire family and friends all know and tell me they worry about me witnessing it (I never have in person) for the first time and how I will react. I very much hope I never do as I will lose control 100%.

Glad to hear you and your family are safe, stay strong Sherbro.

All that material stuff won't mean shit moving forward, it's only stuff.

{<Scared}

Everything will work out.
I disagree. A home is not "only stuff", it's shelter. One of the basic survival need. When you lose your shelter, you lose your world. Sure you can live with relatives or at temporary shelters but you still don't own a roof to go over your head. It's the most important thing after food and drink.

Back