My entire town is burning down.

I can't bear to see anymore left behind animal videos or pics. Heartbreaking.

I read the death toll is at like 44 and there are over 100 missing :( - I didn't realize Paradise was a lot of retired people, old people, and people who couldn't get around well. A lot of them probably had to chance to escape. What a tragedy :( . Only 35% contained or something yet too. Seeing pictures is just crazy, like something out of a firebombed apocalypse or something.

Any updates on % containment?

Insane my brother in laws wedding venue is not that far from the fires, supposed to get married in 50 days

Praying for the families that have lost loved one

Any updates on % containment?

Insane my brother in laws wedding venue is not that far from the fires, supposed to get married in 50 days

Praying for the families that have lost loved one

To give you an idea. 100,000 acres is 156 square miles! The Camp Fire is probably a little smaller than the size of San Jose and San Francisco COMBINED!

Camp Fire
  • 135,000 acres burned
  • 35 percent contained
  • 48 fatalities confirmed, 3 firefighters injured
  • 8,817 structures destroyed, 7,600 of them homes
Woolsey Fire
  • 97,620 acres burned
  • 47 percent contained
  • 2 fatalities confirmed, 3 firefighters injured
  • 435 structures destroyed, 57,000 in danger
Hill Fire
  • 4,531 acres burned
  • 94 percent contained

I hope my house survives, but the whole town is going up it seems. My whole life is in that home. At least my family and dogs are safe.

I don't know what to do. Fucking NorCal.

50,000 were evacuated. But the roads were so clogged people abandoned their cars and ran. I pray for as little death as possible.
Sorry homie that sucks. Hopefully the insurance company will do right by you and you're at least 50 or so miles AWAY from the Santa Susana Field lab. I was reading last night about how many lives that place has claimed.

My brother has sent me some crazy videos and pictures of the firefighting up there.

They were battling it out in the woods with a big ass fire line. Then later that day were doing neighborhood defense with just his engine and crew. Apparently water is some what limited and they ran low a few times.

They have one of the CA flags that was on a truck and it is completely gray instead of white from all the smoke and soot.

My brother has sent me some crazy videos and pictures of the firefighting up there.

They were battling it out in the woods with a big ass fire line. Then later that day were doing neighborhood defense with just his engine and crew. Apparently water is some what limited and they ran low a few times.

They have one of the CA flags that was on a truck and it is completely gray instead of white from all the smoke and soot.

Firefighters have to be worn out from this.

Apparently OC agencies all got a request to send officers up to LA to assist.

We may be sending a third of our shift to go today.

I got sent there last week. Make sure your boys show up with a full tank of gas lol.

Prayers to all involved literally

On a side note the other morning my wife woke me up at 2am saying what the hell is that outside our window??? And I could instantly hear popping and cracking like fireworks going off, there was a huge fire and 4 engines trying to contain it
Turned out to be a huge factory across the way had gone up, flying asbestos EVERYWHERE

Had me worried it would spread and it was a good 500 yards away so I can only imagine what californians are feeling

So PG&E is gonna get sued into oblivion, right? I don’t see how towns like Paradise come back from this.

So PG&E is gonna get sued into oblivion, right? I don’t see how towns like Paradise come back from this.

Depends on a lot of things but I don't see how PG&E's insurance policy could cover the lawsuits.

Back