Number one fight you wish had a different outcome?

McGregor vs Aldo.

I don't care about the outcome I just wanted to see a real fight. Not 1 guy each land a punch with one guy getting knocked out and the other being busted open.

Condit V Lawler for me.
I was really rooting for Carlos and I honestly thought he had won.
It was his high-water mark too, his last shot. He has been on a slide ever since. Probably the best WW to never hold the belt (interim doesn't count for shit).

Condit V Lawler for me.
I was really rooting for Carlos and I honestly thought he had won.
It was his high-water mark too, his last shot. He has been on a slide ever since. Probably the best WW to never hold the belt (interim doesn't count for shit).
That was a tough one. Been a Condit fan since the wec, and I really thought he'd get the belt after GSP left. So, so close.

bisping winning a belt he hadnt even earned a shot at
serra too

So I was re-watching the UFC 100 greatest fights boxset, and it got me thinking of how many close fights I wish ended differently, or fights where I really liked both guys so I hoped for a draw more than anything.

My pick would have to be Rampage vs Hendo. With all his accolades Hendo never got that ufc title. Getting the UFC LHW belt and unifying it with the pride belt would have been huge. My second choice is Nog vs Mir 2. One of the few fights where I was legit angry at the outcome. Got up and punched my chair in rage when he snapped Nogs arm out of nowhere. Was pissed off at Herb Dean for some time after that one.

What are yours?

Why were you pissed off at Herb Dean? That arm was snapped because Nog found himself in a "snap or tap" situation and decided to take option "B."

(Of course, he ended up doing both... but still, it was his choice.)

Nothing Herb could have done about it. Or Mir, really... unless he just wanted to let go.

So I was re-watching the UFC 100 greatest fights boxset, and it got me thinking of how many close fights I wish ended differently, or fights where I really liked both guys so I hoped for a draw more than anything.

My pick would have to be Rampage vs Hendo. With all his accolades Hendo never got that ufc title. Getting the UFC LHW belt and unifying it with the pride belt would have been huge. My second choice is Nog vs Mir 2. One of the few fights where I was legit angry at the outcome. Got up and punched my chair in rage when he snapped Nogs arm out of nowhere. Was pissed off at Herb Dean for some time after that one.

What are yours?

eddie vs conor and siver vs conor.

ALL of these fights are just as important to me. I'd have to close my eyes and pick.

Pele vs any of his losses
Bas vs any of his losses
Shogun vs any of his losses
Anderson vs any of his losses
Fedor vs any of his losses
Jones vs USADA I & II
Me vs the police I, II, III, IV

nope I like how the usada vs jones fights went

Shogun Jones, Shogun lost years off his life in that fight.

Romero vs. Kennedy.

Had the ref called it correctly and called off the fight after Yoel couldn't answer the start of the round, we probably wouldn't have to suffer through thousands of useless Yoel threads that has infested shredog

Or, had the ref spotted Kennedy holding Romero's gloves, he would of given him a warning and Romero would of never got hurt in the first place, thus stoolgate never occurs and we wouldn't have to suffer through thousands of useless stool posts that has infested Sherdog.

Jones X DC ll

I was there, it was terrible. My heart sank when DC cried. I knew a shit storm was a brewin.

David Terrell vs Evan Tanner. Had Terrell been able to submit Evan with that guillotine choke I think he would have had the belt for a few years

Or, had the ref spotted Kennedy holding Romero's gloves, he would of given him a warning and Romero would of never got hurt in the first place, thus stoolgate never occurs and we wouldn't have to suffer through thousands of useless stool posts that has infested Sherdog.
fail.jpeg

If Chael had survived round one against Jones it would've been the most epic moment in mma

Every Nick Diaz fight he ever lost... Oh, number one? Nick vs GSP. That would have totally changed the trajectory of the division, Nick's career and GSP's too. He'd be one of the few fighters to have worn a Strikeforce & UFC belt. He got so close too. Ahhh, what could have been...
This!!

Hendo defeating that clown Bisping for the belt.

Shogun not losing to Sonnen.

And the savage beatings both Barão and JDS took from TJ and Cain because it fucked up their careers for good.

He's 100% right though. It's the most bizarre criticism because it's wrong on so many levels.

1. In the entire fight, Kennedy's ONLY significant offense was because Yoel's hand was trapped in his gloves

2. The only reason he got extra time to recover is the ufc's employee made a mistake. They were responsible for the delay, not Romero's corner.

3. Yoel should have gotten extra time to recover anyway, as he was fouled.

Back