Odds Sean actually accepts to fight Merab if Chito pulls out?

They wouldnt even announce merab as the backup if Dana and the UFC didnt already know for sure that both Sean and chito would take the fight

There clearly trying to build up Omalley as a star, so why would they put him in a position to look bad if chito pulls out and omalley doesnt take the merab fight. Would be a horrible look for Sean

Cool story, TS. He’s fighting as the main draw on a Miami PPV card where Trump will almost certainly be in attendance. Speculation as to your subjective projections of a stranger’s mental fortitude notwithstanding, the UFC would toss a healthy chunk of change to keep the card alive; think an assured win bonus regardless of result and a potential double bonus. The only way he doesn’t fight is if he’s legitimately, medically and demonstrably injured.

Merab isn't dangerous and is chinny, he can't hurt nobody. Sean would 100% accept the easier matchup and clean him up within a round or two.

This narrative that Merab is some scary guy to avoid is hilarious.
You may be underrating Merab slightly, but calling Sean's path to victory a "puncher's chance" when he's built his whole (17-1) career around finding those big shots, and gets at least 5 chances to do it, not counting standups and failed shots from Merab... Yeah, it's a bit disingenuous.

Merab isn't dangerous and is chinny, he can't hurt nobody. Sean would 100% accept the easier matchup and clean him up within a round or two.

I gotta agree with this.

Merab is literally the official backup fight. So it's already been both offered and accepted.

You're also batshit crazy if you think the UFC is doing anything to risk this PPV when Francis/Joshua is the night prior. If something happens they're ensuring there's a title fight happening on Saturday evening so yes Merab, or hell Yan, Sadong, Pedro, or Phillips,
Well, no not phillips because he's sean teammate, but the rest of them yeah.

a fight is happening for a bw title this weekend. Even if both suga and chito are not there

<{Joewithit}>

Every fight needs to be accepted, but, for the UFC to be willing to pay and have an official backup fighter, does it mean both the original fighters have agreed to fight the replacement? Its some trouble just to have Omalley/Vera say no to the replacement.

It's not the 1990's anymore. Chito and Merab are totally different fights to prep for. I doubt most champions would accept an opponent change. However, if the situation was reversed, I think Merab is one of the few who would accept whatever replacement., even if he was a defending champion.

Every fight needs to be accepted, but, for the UFC to be willing to pay and have an official backup fighter, does it mean both the original fighters have agreed to fight the replacement? Its some trouble just to have Omalley/Vera say no to the replacement.
You would think so but when UFC put Pavlovich as the backup to Jon Stipe they had to bring Aspinall in. That's probably not the norm though.

I'm guessing you probably also thought he'd never agree to fight Sterling, Yan, or hell rematch Vera too eh
Why would he never accept to fight Aljo, he was the champ. How else was he going to win the title after he was gifted that win over Yan?

I also love the "Merab is chinny" narrative. The examples given come from fights Merab dominantly won, which is hilarious.

Back