RBR ***Official*** Canelo vs GGG 3, Sat. 9/17, 4:45 PM ET/1:45 PM PT RBR Discussion Thread

Who wins in the main event?

• Total voters
Nah I think he clearly won the first, second could be a draw, but I had it for Canelo. This one clearly Canelo.

Regardless. He clearly won the first - and media/reputable people in the business favored GGG over Canelo for the second as well. For the sake of argument we can call the second a draw.

Now, with this win, it just looks like Canelo was a clearly better fighter than GGG. Just not the case though.

I need to see the 2nd fight. Did Canelo actually do enough or was it a bad decision?

At least GGG did a bit of work late and didn’t get brutally stopped. I was a bit too tired to score accurately after round 8. Looked like GGG picked up at least a couple of rounds though. I had him 8-0 down up until that point. Round 1 was a little debatable. I’m not shocked at the scorecards.

Exactly how I had it scored. I gave one more (10th) to Canelo after that, but I am fine with the sweep in 9-12. But Triple G did nothing prior to round 9. NOTHING

I still think GGG can beat a lot of people though

Probably. I’m just disappointed in how wack that fight was. A lot of it was Canelo just being too quick with the defense and counters. GGG even when he was younger had to take the initiative to land anything. Being tentative was hopeless. Watching him through scared jabs the whole fight was sad.

When's the last time we saw a top fighter bite down and go all out for a win when down big? Pull a Chavez vs Taylor, a SRL vs Hearns?

Not GGG tonight. Not Canelo vs Bivol. Not Pac vs Mayweather.

Back