Official Women's MMA Discussion Thread #13

Holm is tall

UFC184_weighin_41.jpg

zingano_and_pennington.jpg

I guess about same height as Leslie Smith.

20130104063949_33_Smith_Pennington.JPG

Zingano has held her own in the pre-fight staredowns, even continuing to glare at Rousey after Rousey had turned away. But I don't think it will do her any good in the fight. Rousey isn't going to be intimidated.

Rousey-and-Zingano1.jpg

11025679_10153147115899479_1067214218484756414_o.0.0.jpg

As expected, the mean-mugging by Zingano did not help when the fight started. Over in 14 seconds by arm-bar. Didn't see the fight, but apparently Rogan went up to Zingano in the ring and every other word from her was fuck and she was devastated.

As expected, the mean-mugging by Zingano did not help when the fight started. Over in 14 seconds by arm-bar. Didn't see the fight, but apparently Rogan went up to Zingano in the ring and every other word from her was fuck and she was devastated.

Indeed. If you just bull-rush Ronda, expect to have your twisted into a funny shape. Cyborg fans (a.k.a. Ronda haters) take note.

This fight reminded me a bit of Arlovski vs. Fedor: a.k.a. Get that jumping shit out of here!

Cat looked like she was ready to rip out her own guts in the post-fight interview. I feel sorry for her next opponent, because she will be facing one very pissed off Zingano.

Jarl

Pretty cool video of Irene Aldana and Alexa Grasso. They aired it during the Invicta event as well.

[YT]QSLpLB2QDz8[/YT]

yep, that was pretty awesome. :D

So Cupcake really is a monster.

Where is this comment coming from, BigMuffler? :icon_lol: I thought we had this settled. Plus, it`s a strange place to bring it since Tate was savagely and emphatically finished by both women - twice by Rousey.

Also...I ask again, why isn`t Thread #14 stickied?

Jarl

Also...I ask again, why isn`t Thread #14 stickied?

If the mods are just scanning threads quickly, maybe the name change has caused them to miss it. But if their IDs are known someone should send a private message.

Last edited:
Agreed, MuffinGod. She is just a joy to watch. Reminds me of Tyson back in the day.

Please, someone with more clout that me, PM the higher-ups and get Thread #14 stickied.

Jarl

Where is this comment coming from, BigMuffler? :icon_lol: I thought we had this settled. Plus, it`s a strange place to bring it since Tate was savagely and emphatically finished by both women - twice by Rousey.

Let's talk about savage emphatic finishes by Rousey:

Opponent......................Seconds Lasted
Miesha Tate................. 658
Liz Carmouche................289
Miesha Tate................. 267
Sara McMann..................66
Sarah Kaufmann.............54
Charmaine Tweet............49
Sarah D'Alelio.................49
Julia Budd......................39
Ediane Gomes.................25
Alexis Davis....................16
Cat Zingano..................14

It is not a universal opinion that Zingano savagely and emphatically finished Tate. Tate went to her knees but was not out. It was a judgment call by the referee that many disagree with. Refs let fights continue when fighters fall and land on their back and Tate was only on her knees. And at that point Zingano would not have been able to knee her anymore. Tate had won the first two rounds so only needed to survive the round for a win.

It wasn't directed specifically at you, just a random observation that in hindsight, Tate should never have been shitted on or lost respect for losing to Ronda the way she was. Also, early stoppage.

I think the UFC is going to make Jessica Eye vs Bethe Correia to determine Rousey's next contender.

I think the UFC is going to make Jessica Eye vs Bethe Correia to determine Rousey's next contender.

Looks like it, doesn`t it. I approve. I`m also okay with just giving Bethe the shot and having Eye fight someone else for a title shot down the road a bit.

LOL at people listing the seconds Tate lasted to prove what a "monster" she is. She`s tough, I don`t deny that. But she mounted little to no offense against Rousey and got emphatically finished twice. I`m not sure why people act like the Zingano fight was some sort of unfair premature stoppage. Tate wasn`t defending herself. She was turtling out of fear of getting finished and the ref told her to stand up. She ate brutal knees and showed that her face was a crimson mass. She ate another elbow and fell down again (maybe out of it, or maybe just evasion, more turtling to avoid being finished). Any ref would call the fight there. If the fight hadn`t ended there, Cat would have just mounted her and elbowed her face into mush. It`s not like Meisha was going to suddenly turn things around at that point; it was a one-way ass-beating festival. Tate is a Top 5 BW, but I wouldn`t rank her higher than Rousey, Zingano, or Kaufman (even with Cat`s 14-secind loss to Rousey).

Jarl

Regarding Holm vs Rocky

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/31e62d34abc3a762

Sure, fightmetric may not tell the whole story, but I think in this case is needed since it was basically a tit for tat striking match.

Okay so the story is that Holm outlanded Rocky by barely 4 more strikes (44 sig strikes vs 40 sigstrikes by Rocky).

Rocky outlanded Holm is total strikes, 51 vs 48. In fact, Round 1 was even in sig strikes, 8 vs 8. Round 2 was the only round where Holm outlanded Rocky. Round 3 was Rocky's where she dropped Holm and outlanded her and actually did more damage.

You catch the drift.

Bethe Correia is WAY more deserving than Holm. In fact, give Bethe another fight I think she can beat McMann, maybe Liz or Marion Reneau. Honestly at this point I don't get why UFC doesn't push Bethe, at this point it doesn't matter if Bethe can hang or not, it's about storylines. Feed her to Ronda!!!

---------

Also I'm on the Grasso Taco Train, just in case anybody wants to hop in.

Last edited:
Regarding Holm vs Rocky

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/31e62d34abc3a762

Sure, fightmetric may not tell the whole story, but I think in this case is needed since it was basically a tit for tat striking match.

Okay so the story is that Holm outlanded Rocky by barely 4 more strikes (44 sig strikes vs 40 sigstrikes by Rocky).

Rocky outlanded Holm is total strikes, 51 vs 48. In fact, Round 1 was even in sig strikes, 8 vs 8. Round 2 was the only round where Holm outlanded Rocky. Round 3 was Rocky's where she dropped Holm and outlanded her and actually did more damage.

You catch the drift.

Bethe Correia is WAY more deserving than Holm. In fact, give Bethe another fight I think she can beat McMann, maybe Liz or Marion Reneau. Honestly at this point I don't get why UFC doesn't push Bethe, at this point it doesn't matter if Bethe can hang or not, it's about storylines. Feed her to Ronda!!!

---------

Also I'm on the Grasso Taco Train, just in case anybody wants to hop in.

Not sure if racist or sexist, loll

Not sure if racist or sexist, loll

Racist joke. The sexist part, well I don't really call taco the thing, but it could be a funny but horrible double entendre.

Also why the double yellows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back