Ohio GOP: Ban ALL Abortions Even in Cases of Rape, Incest, or Danger to Woman's Life

We should probably roll more than 1 to be safe :D I volunteer to put the first one in rotation.

Honestly, besides you bad-mouthing libs and me doing the same to conservatives, our positions are not that far apart.

You and @Mark Cutting are my favorite conservatives on here.

Doesn't look like this has any support from the GOP Leadership in Ohio.

GOP leads the Dems 65- 34. 20 of the 65 GOPers are supporting it.

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-summary?id=GA132-HB-565

Co-Sponsors Rep. Brinkman, Rep. Antani, Rep. Roegner, Rep. Becker, Rep. Riedel, Rep. Keller, Rep. Thompson, Rep. Schaffer, Rep. Wiggam, Rep. Zeltwanger, Rep. Kick, Rep. Stein, Rep. Retherford, Rep. Sprague, Rep. Merrin, Rep. Young, Rep. Dean, Rep. Romanchuk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_House_of_Representatives

Majority[edit]

SCOTUS will not strike down Roe vs Wade.

As long as Trump (or another Republican POTUS) don't get to replace Kennedy or one of the liberal justices. Otherwise, we're going to see abortion go back to a state by state issue.

Crazy bills can get passed in Ohio because its legislative districts are gerrymandered to the extreme. Despite being a moderate state (voted Obama x2, Trump last election), its General Assembly is overwhelmingly Republican. The State Senate is 73% GOP, while the house is 67% GOP.

Ohio law already has onerous abortion regulations that necessitate any abortion clinics to have written transfer agreements with local hospitals in order to maintain their license. Toledo (only moderate/large city in W. Ohio) now has had its last clinic essentially shut down due these restrictions (passed by the GOP under the guise of 'women's health' but really aim to sniff out abortion generally).

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...1551/ohio-gop-introduces-bill-to-ban-abortion

I realize that abortion is a touchy subject, but man, not even in cases or rape, incest, or danger to the woman's life?

What if someone is raped, and then complications to pregnancy are life threatening?

What about it conservatives? Are you cool with being raped carrying a potential death sentence to the victim?

The mix of identity politics and Evangelicalism is making the GOP a party that no sane person can vote for.
TS if she dies delivering her rape baby its God's will.

Just as when she was raped and given that rape baby it was God's will.

Remember, God is Good!

Honestly, besides you bad-mouthing libs and me doing the same to conservatives, our positions are not that far apart.

You and @Mark Cutting are my favorite conservatives on here.
Haha, we both do those pretty well too imo. But I agree, we aren't that different in our beliefs. You are definitely one of the better posters here as well. Some of these fools can't even hold a conversation lol. You know who I'm talking about ;)

Remember, God is Good!
I was raised in church, but I never heard that God said nothing bad will ever happen to good people. Maybe you can point that part out to me?

To give an idea of how badly gerrymandered Ohio is, look at the following map:

oh_congressional_district_map_-_oh_sos.jpg

District 9 (where I grew up), stretches from Cleveland to Toledo, some 117 miles away. The district is so thin in between that at one point it's connected by a bridge that’s only 20 yards wide, as well as by a single narrow beach. This beach is commonly under water at high tide or during storms. This District was drawn by the State GOP to eliminate either Dennis Kucinich's seat (he was in Cleveland's west side) or Marcy Kaptur's seat (Toledo area; she beat Kucinich).

Kasich has claimed to support an independent commission to re-draw the districts, but it's questionable if it will ever happen.

The GOP think women's bodies have a way to "shut that whole thing down" regarding pregnancy resulting from sexual assault.

They aren't the brightest bunch.

Not all of us are that stupid . . . sheesh.

Remember, God is Good!

I don't think that's quite right . . .

Haha, we both do those pretty well too imo. But I agree, we aren't that different in our beliefs. You are definitely one of the better posters here as well. Some of these fools can't even hold a conversation lol. You know who I'm talking about ;)

Speaking for myself, when I go overboard it's when I let emotions cloud my judgement. That never happens, though.....:rolleyes:

I was raised in church, but I never heard that God said nothing bad will ever happen to good people. Maybe you can point that part out to me?

his sarcastaball post doesn't ever imply that point.

it implies when something does happen, it was god's will that it happened.

his sarcastaball post doesn't ever imply that point.

it implies when something does happen, it was god's will that it happened.
So is it God's will that I go home and have some drinks and smoke some buds too? I'm pretty sure I have a choice.

Speaking for myself, when I go overboard it's when I let emotions cloud my judgement. That never happens, though.....:rolleyes:
Of course not! You're better than that brotha! I never say anything in the heat of the moment either so we're alike there too lol.

They're trying to get it to the SCOTUS so Gorsuch and Co. can strike down Roe v. Wade. That's why Republicans pass blatantly unconstitutional shit over and over again.
This is why it is so frustrating when conservatives on this site (and irl) constantly harp about radical Islam.

Yes, radical Islam is bad. No shit.

But MAYBE we should be more worried about the religious extremist faction that is ACTUALLY ensconced within the controlling party of our national and state level governments.

And these motherfuckers ARE trying to turn America into a theocracy, make NO mistake about it.

They want to force America to be a conservative Christian country by its LAWS and its PUBLIC institutions, not just by the free choice of its citizens.

Last edited:
Replace Allah with Jeebus and a lot of rightwingers would be fine with sharia law.

Then why don't you clear it up for me?

as this

https://www.glamour.com/story/oklah...uld-be-gods-will-while-defending-abortion-ban

and other lawmakers have suggested, "But, so you’re saying that God is not sovereign with every activity that happens in someone’s life and can’t use anything and everything in someone’s life, and I disagree with that.” , if God were sovereign in every activity then every activity is God's will and plan.

and for further explanation, that's strawmanning that guys words, the post you quoted was a sarcastic strawman shitpost, and your reply was a either a strawman, or you legitimately whiffed on the point it was making. so goofy shit all around.

Back