Older Sherbros, bestow some knowledge on younger guys.

Some advice is universal, like valuing family over work for example. You know how many dudes learn life advice from their mom? This is good advice, you take health for granted when you're healthy.
Definitely. I've always enjoyed excellent health and taken it for granted but now that i'm at an age where my peers are withering and dropping like 4 o'clock flowers (back problems, weight problems, drinking problems, depression and diseases from sedentary lifestyle, in and out of hospital, chronic aches and pains, spending stupid money on operations, therapies and medicine and on and on and on) i'm really grateful and appreciative of my good health and dedication to maintain it. Wouldn't swap it for all the riches of the world.

Don't read the Bible or the Quran.
As a matter of fact, stay away from any religious information.
It pollutes your mind and makes you a very weak man.
Modern society has no tolerance for weakness.

Read the Art of War by Sun Tzu at least 10 times
Attend a Tony Robbins seminar at least once in your lifetime.

- Buy land
- Cook every meal from scratch
- Trying to enlighten dumb people on the internet is a waste of time
- Women can't control their emotions
- Marriage is a sham
- City/large suburban life is overrated

Don't read the Bible or the Quran.
As a matter of fact, stay away from any religious information.
It pollutes your mind and makes you a very weak man.
Modern society has no tolerance for weakness.

Read the Art of War by Sun Tzu at least 10 times
Attend a Tony Robbins seminar at least once in your lifetime.

You kidding? All religious text have gems in them, whether you are religious or not.

When you get to a certain age[old!] time really DOES speed up, and it gets a little quicker each year imo.
Oldies told me this when i was very young and i thought 'that's impossible,' but it ain't unfortunately.

Relationships rarely last, and certainly not for a lifetime.

Everything is about money.

Make sure you're in shape going into your 30's or it's gonna be hard as fuck to get naturally swole again.

Many people mentioned taking care of your health as a crucial point.

This is why it kills me when people, advocating substance use, unhealthy eating, or any other hedonistic lifestyle say things like:

"You only live once!!!"

Ignoring for a second that your lifespan is decreased by indulging in a lifestyle of pleasure (unhealthy/ binge eating, drugs, sexual irresponsibility) the years that you do have aren't gonna be that pleasurable.

You think Ozzy Osbourne enjoys walking around like he has Parkinsons and mumbling? I doubt it.

Make sure you're in shape going into your 30's or it's gonna be hard as fuck to get naturally swole again.

I was skinny as hell from teens to early 20s.

"Second puberty" hit and I gained weight. While most of my peers now look fat and amorphic, I filled out. I'm one of the lucky ones!

If you pull a string around your finger real tight, you can make it turn purple

I feel like every year we look back and realize how naive we were.

By the time folks are seniors, they end up having so much experience and learned so much life lessons, but it's toward the end.

What is something you wish someone would've told your 20 year old self?

You know, back when I was about 20 I took my dads advice that he wished he had when he was my age. Best advice I ever took.

By the time folks are seniors, they end up having so much experience and learned so much life lessons, but it's toward the end.

"All women lie."

And, broadly, all women cheat.
Guaranteed, if your woman tells you she had cheated on a prior bf, she'll cheat again. They justify it really easily.

If you don't see yourself marrying her, don't just date her long term for convenience. You'll miss out on a whole lot of fun and probably break her heart too.

Also I would tell myself at 20 the young bull old bull story, it was passed on to me mid way through my 20s and understanding it was part of my becoming a man.

1. Never complain, whine or show weakness on social media.

2. Speak confidently and informed. Look people in the eye when you speak with them and if for business thank them for their time.

3. Always follow through on a commitment and if you can't give as much notice as possible as to why and apologize.

4, Invest in multi-family properties.

5. Don't bother drinking during the week. Sleep, read study, train, etc instead.

6. Only day drink on very special occasions, shouldn't be more than 10 times a year notwithstanding holidays to an all-inclusive.

7. Temper the bring downs, one ups and rectified statements with friends and family. It's the trifecta of annoyance.

8. Don't marry or have kids until after age 25, probably 30 is better.

9. Never be more than 15 minutes early or 15 minutes late for social events. This shows respect of peoples time.

10. Never should jealousy or desperation to a woman. Some of my friends have failed miserably here and they are either single or divorced.

11. GSP 1, 3, 5.

12. Always continue learning. I believe in college/university degrees unless you are a tradesperson. You can learn so much online through youtube, online articles and podcasts. Listen, listen, listen and learn, learn, learn forever. The goal is to be a student for life.

I'm going to add more to this post later.

Last edited:
There’s a chance you might be better looking when you get older. I’ll be 52 in a couple of weeks, and I’ve never felt so powerful.

Minimalism is awesome.
Debt sucks.
Travel and adventure is where it’s at.
Gotta love your job. That might be a tough one for some of you.
Find purpose in your work. Get to the point where what you do and who you are are the same thing.
I'm guessing you're skinny and not fat.

Vaule your time. Be kind to others and to yourself. Stay fit. Spend as much as possible in the nature. Learn to play an instrument and a foreign language. Get your hands dirty often, learn to make or repair stuff. Enjoy having true friends. Remember always, nothing lasts, good and bad things pass. Learn and grow from experiencing both. And have a kid or two.

If can, can
If no can, no can

Back