Out of the GOAT'S, who had the most stacked competition?

Out of the GOATS, who had the most stacked competition?

• Total voters
It's all true though how about you be man enough to stand by what you say and have the balls and and mental fortitude to discuss the subject?

Think you can handle that
I did but you couldn't handle it. This is on you marc.

Rich Franklin, trt Vitor & Hendo, Chael, Maia, & Forest Griffin.- Anderson Silva

Hughes, BJ, Shields, Condit, & Diaz. -GSP

Big Nog, Cro Cop, & Arvloski. - Fedor

Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Machida, Cormier, & Gus.

Some of Bones competition was washed up and now today, Bones is light years ahead of everyone else.

Fedor held gold and dominated while being undersized. He was more well rounded than most his competition. Big Nog & Mirko were his only threats. Losing to Bigfoot, Werdum, & Hendo knocked him down the ladder imo .

GSP had multiple fights with multiple stars in Hughes & BJ, but besides Shields & maybe Condit or Diaz can be considered stacked competition? I don't include Johnny Hendricks because I think he beat GSP. Alves and Hardy were mowed and I'm not sure about saying Fitch & Kos were stiff competition. Maybe Fitch but GSP was better fighter everywhere and everyone knew that.

I say Anderson because he fought trt Vitor & Hendo, former champions from other divisions, & dominated and mostly finished guys who were great at his weakness in wrestling, and dominated them.

Stopped reading when you said Fitch and kos weren't stiff competition

Fitch was on a 17 fucking fight win streak. Kos has a fucking win over rumble Johnson

1st - Vitor wasnt on TRT against Silva.
2nd - Maia was green as hell.
3rd - You count Griffin for Silva but not Bisping for GSP.
4th - You're biased as hell.

Weird how he counts guys like Sonnen and Maia and not Koscheck and Fitch

GSP, Hughes, Miletich, Lawler and Woodley probably.

I'd put Fitch ahead of Shields as far as GSP opponents too. Those guys were good I wasn't knocking them or Prime Kos. It's a lot of the rest of his resume that lacks for me. Condit could also maybe go ahead of Shields.

Idk GSP's resume is great I just don't think its as good as the rest of these guys. Closer to Silva than Jones or Fedor.

Fedor's resume is comically underrated by a lot of Sherdoggers who are UFC shills and just like discrediting the man.
Lolwut. Shields has a better resume tjan condit and a win over condit. Shields is the number 3 ww of all time.

Also lol at Miletich in your top 5.

Considering Jones and Silva are out of GOAT conversations, it's between GSP, Fedor and Aldo.

And it's GSP by a landslide.

GOAT Fedor of course. No weight-cutting or cheating also adds to his greatness.

I hesitated a bit before writing Prime Shogun, but I put it in order to get a nitpicking reply.

People who want to discredit Jon Jones never cease to amaze me.

If grasping at straws is a sport, they'd be world champions at it.

the only thing to say to discredit jones is to mention he failed multiple doping tests in his prime. this alone discrédits anything he accomplished in MMA. he shouldn't even be mentionned in this poll

The greatest testament to Jon Jones is how dominant he was against dc not once, but twice. And in his absence, dc became a 2 division champ. In fact without the loses to Jones, dc would likely be in the goat discussion. I can’t think of anyone GSP or Silva fought where there’s a similar situation.

I'm usually on the GSP hype train whenever similar conversations pop up, but this is one of the most simplistic and compelling arguments for Jones.
The closest for GSP is Matt Hughes, who at one point was being called the best in the sport. But even Matt already had several losses and quickly fell out of the top ten after losing to GSP the second time. We thought it could be Hendricks and he was done being a top fighter a year after losing to GSP.

Silva fought too long, but I don't see anybody on his list that would have taken the division had he not been there.

Closest for Aldo is possibly Edgar, and that was near the and of Aldo's run as well. We saw Mendes lose.

Aside from the UFC scalps, Fedor beat multiple Olympic champions, K1 champions, ADCC champions, champions of Pancrase, Strikeforce and Rings, as well as the reigning Pride heavyweight champion of the world.

Not to discredit Fedor, but should beating champions of other sports really hold any significance? Going that route GSP has wins over National wrestling champions, Olympians, bjj gold medalist, adcc champions, to coincide WEC, Strikeforce, Elite XC champions.

I think it is significant, when those sports are actually components of MMA. A world championship, Olympic medal etc shows that someone is elite and reached the pinnacle in that particular martial art.

GSP has a fantastic resume. His opponents having those titles and proven credentials only adds to the status of those victories. But, as far as I'm aware, he never beat anyone who'd been an adcc champion or Olympian (no Olympic medalists at least).

Jon followed by GSP...both cleared the division. GSP might have a stacked division but Jon never lost...

Stopped reading when you said Fitch and kos weren't stiff competition

Fitch was on a 17 fucking fight win streak. Kos has a fucking win over rumble Johnson
Kos & Fitch were merley gatekeepers at best.

1st - Vitor wasnt on TRT against Silva.
2nd - Maia was green as hell.
3rd - You count Griffin for Silva but not Bisping for GSP.
4th - You're biased as hell.
Forest was a legit champion. Bisping wasn't; he got KO'd by Silva.

1. GSP
2. Fedor
3. Aldo

Because I don't count cheaters in the GOAT discussion.

Back