• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Overwatch Official Discussion, v2: ELO Hell (hello darkness my old friend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm losing a lot. Like a 1:3 win-loss ratio, and I can't figure out why. I play with one other friend and the majority of the time we have either gold or silver in every category but we aren't wining. I'm starting to think it's us even tho we've been playing great individually and it feels like we're the only 2 ever on the point. It's really starting to take away from how much fun I've been having playing.

I've read duo is actually the best way to q, because you'll still get lots of solo's. Are you guys playing Rein + Ana?

What I've noticed is that with the current meta of 3 Tanks and 2 Support, the winner and loser is often decided by who has the better Offensive class/player. A lot of time these Offense players are allowed to run wild because there are no hard counters being played, just Tanks and Supports.

I've read duo is actually the best way to q, because you'll still get lots of solo's. Are you guys playing Rein + Ana?

What I've noticed is that with the current meta of 3 Tanks and 2 Support, the winner and loser is often decided by who has the better Offensive class/player. A lot of time these Offense players are allowed to run wild because there are no hard counters being played, just Tanks and Supports.

I usually run D Va, Rein, or Mercy. Depending on the scenario. He runs Soldier or Roadhog.

I'm losing a lot. Like a 1:3 win-loss ratio, and I can't figure out why. I play with one other friend and the majority of the time we have either gold or silver in every category but we aren't wining. I'm starting to think it's us even tho we've been playing great individually and it feels like we're the only 2 ever on the point. It's really starting to take away from how much fun I've been having playing.

It's prolly not you guys straight up, Blizzard has it intentionally set that players stay around a 50/50 win/loss ratio.They intentionally hold players down. Also, nothing like having games that people bail on so those still playing are the only ones being punished by having their SR docked.

It makes it hard to play the game going on 10+ game losing streaks because you previously won 4 games, lost 2 games, won 2, lost 1, won 2, then lost 10 with some draws in there as well.

I like the game, but I'm about to the point of quitting.

It's prolly not you guys straight up, Blizzard has it intentionally set that players stay around a 50/50 win/loss ratio.They intentionally hold players down. Also, nothing like having games that people bail on so those still playing are the only ones being punished by having their SR docked.

It makes it hard to play the game going on 10+ game losing streaks because you previously won 4 games, lost 2 games, won 2, lost 1, won 2, then lost 10 with some draws in there as well.

I like the game, but I'm about to the point of quitting.

It's pretty frustrating. We finally found a good team and put together 4-5 wins in a row in competitive but we left to pick up another friend, couldn't win much after that.

It's pretty frustrating. We finally found a good team and put together 4-5 wins in a row in competitive but we left to pick up another friend, couldn't win much after that.

I'd suggest you and your friend go Rein and Ana. Only use those characters and you'll start to notice your wins go up if your good with them. Don't try and go offense with Rein to much either shield your team.

I'd suggest you and your friend go Rein and Ana. Only use those characters and you'll start to notice your wins go up if your good with them. Don't try and go offense with Rein to much either shield your team.
A reasonable suggestion, but fuck is it boring playing the same characters constantly. Even in competitive.

They intentionally hold players down.

That's not quite what's happening. What's really going on is that as you win, your MMR/SR rises, and as it does, so does the rating of the players you're put up against. Eventually you hit the wall of your current ability and win only half the time because you're no better or worse than the rest of the players at your rating. If my win rate is 50%, then I'm exactly at the rating I belong and playing with people of similar rating. No one is intentionally holding anyone down.

A reasonable suggestion, but fuck is it boring playing the same characters constantly. Even in competitive.

Yea it can get boring but i noticed it's better than losing.

Yea it can get boring but i noticed it's better than losing.
Tru dat. In comp I play Lucio 99% of the time. There are characters I enjoy much more, but I save those for QP and arcade. In comp, I gotta go with what works.

One week into Overwatch, here are my observations.

- When in doubt, pick a tank.
- Most of the player base are oblivious that this is a team game.
- Players have a fetish for shitty squishy heroes whom they have no idea how to play. They go 0 - 20 and dont take the hint that maybe they should play a tank or a healer.
- Tryharding with Genji has better than playing him with a straightforward / careful style.When i try to play him properly, I end up being instagibbed by a sniper. When I rush spamming double jump, deflection, and dash, with no clear idea of what I'm doing, I end up getting triple kills.
- Reaper fun to play, but is weak compared to other heroes. His TP should be instantaneous and silent, and his wraith form is sort of pointless.

So the grouping system in this game needs to be fixed big time. Last night I got into several groups where I was one of two prestige players while the rest of team was level 60 and below. Then the other team will be filled with all prestige players except for maybe 1 player.

This idea that your level doesn't always reflect your skill can be true but more often then not the more time you've put into the game the better your are at it. That's the way it is for pretty much everything. Players should be getting matched with other people in their level range. Even a game like BF4 recognizes this.

Why do people always refer to tourney players and arbitrary tier list like that's the be all end all. None of that ever matters in pub play. The majority of regular everyday players don't know about the meta. Only defensive character that's situational is trobborjn. Everyone is viable. Mei and Junkrat are good on offense and defense. Even widowmaker and Hanzo(most ppl just suck wit them) Just cause some Asian pro doesn't play them doesn't mean they aren't viable. And the Mercy slander is idiotic

Answer: After playing a 15-30 minutes game, people like to win at the end.

Mercy has a pretty poor kit... and is outclassed by other supports. There are sites that aggregate gameplay data across players and among the supports she has the worst win % and in the bottom 6 across all characters. I know you probably think it's all bs, so you can ignore that and I'll talk through why I think she's the weakest healer support.

Mercy's ultimate is her only redeeming factor, the rest of her kit is pretty lackluster given that you sacrifice while supports don't have to and do just as good if not a better job. She has a single target heal or a 30% damage boost where she cannot do anything else while it's happening or it's interrupted. Her heal/damage boost has a handy beam which lets the enemy team know your location and she has no way to defend herself, by the time you swap to the pistol you're usually dead and your only method of survival is to float away. She lacks the utility other supports bring to the table and what she does do isn't all that impressive. If you look at it she really only has one ability (heal/dps buff) to help her team, compared to her counterparts that can do alot more and heal. She's useless by alone and can barely attack.

Now look at Zenyetta for instance, he has a single target heal yet he is able to attack, debuff and do other abilities while it's healing, assuming they're not too far away and still in sight. He can debuff which results in 30% increased damage for everyone that attacks that debuffed target, basically making tanks far less scary. He can be healing, debuff and do a ton of damage all at the same time.

Lucio, has a area of effect skills that you can alternate between healing and speed boost. While these is occurring he can continue to shoot and use abilities without interrupting the heal/speed boost. The speed boost is pretty nice, in that it adds your team evasion and helps everyone move faster. He can boop people off ledges, wallride, kill stragglers and hold objectives.

Ana, can fire her rifle to heal and infact it can heal at a faster rate than Mercy's heal. The caveat there is there's some skillcap in that you need to aim. She has a sleep dart to take out scary targets. She has a grenade that heals in a small area and debuffs enemies so that they cannot heal briefly. She can help open up opportunities to break into a defensive position or prevent something catastrophic by sleeping someone

I can't really speak on Symmetra as I haven't played her much since the change. She's the odd ball in the bunch since she doesn't heal. But statistically she's in a very good place, with one of the highest win % across all characters and people crying on the OW forums that she should be nerfed.

Answer: After playing a 15-30 minutes game, people like to win at the end.

Mercy has a pretty poor kit... and is outclassed by other supports. There are sites that aggregate gameplay data across players and among the supports she has the worst win % and in the bottom 6 across all characters. I know you probably think it's all bs, so you can ignore that and I'll talk through why I think she's the weakest healer support.

Mercy's ultimate is her only redeeming factor, the rest of her kit is pretty lackluster given that you sacrifice while supports don't have to and do just as good if not a better job. She has a single target heal or a 30% damage boost where she cannot do anything else while it's happening or it's interrupted. Her heal/damage boost has a handy beam which lets the enemy team know your location and she has no way to defend herself, by the time you swap to the pistol you're usually dead and your only method of survival is to float away. She lacks the utility other supports bring to the table and what she does do isn't all that impressive. If you look at it she really only has one ability (heal/dps buff) to help her team, compared to her counterparts that can do alot more and heal. She's useless by alone and can barely attack.

Now look at Zenyetta for instance, he has a single target heal yet he is able to attack, debuff and do other abilities while it's healing, assuming they're not too far away and still in sight. He can debuff which results in 30% increased damage for everyone that attacks that debuffed target, basically making tanks far less scary. He can be healing, debuff and do a ton of damage all at the same time.

Lucio, has a area of effect skills that you can alternate between healing and speed boost. While these is occurring he can continue to shoot and use abilities without interrupting the heal/speed boost. The speed boost is pretty nice, in that it adds your team evasion and helps everyone move faster. He can boop people off ledges, wallride, kill stragglers and hold objectives.

Ana, can fire her rifle to heal and infact it can heal at a faster rate than Mercy's heal. The caveat there is there's some skillcap in that you need to aim. She has a sleep dart to take out scary targets. She has a grenade that heals in a small area and debuffs enemies so that they cannot heal briefly. She can help open up opportunities to break into a defensive position or prevent something catastrophic by sleeping someone

I can't really speak on Symmetra as I haven't played her much since the change. She's the odd ball in the bunch since she doesn't heal. But statistically she's in a very good place, with one of the highest win % across all characters and people crying on the OW forums that she should be nerfed.

Nerd STFU lol. God this community is filled to the brim with complete dweebs

Nerd STFU lol. God this community is filled to the brim with complete dweebs
I don't understand why you would come onto a video game forum and ridicule someone for discussing the inner workings of a video game.

I think you might be on the wrong forum nerd.

I don't understand why you would come onto a video game forum and ridicule someone for discussing the inner workings of a video game.

I think you might be on the wrong forum nerd.

Shut up neckbeard. This community has too many pretentious geeks who refer to tier lists and other arbitrary dork shit that has no bearings on everyday play. It's really annoying.

Had probably the worst sets of losses at the beginning of the season that caused me to plummet to like 1650 from 2300 or so now back up to 2150. The good thing is it actually pushed me to start carrying more and more. I'm finding outside of like Zarya/Rein/Reaper that I can even do a heck of a lot with Zen as well. Usually early on I can grab golds in kills and obj kills (outside of healing obviously) until the dps starts to get going.

Had probably the worst sets of losses at the beginning of the season that caused me to plummet to like 1650 from 2300 or so now back up to 2150. The good thing is it actually pushed me to start carrying more and more. I'm finding outside of like Zarya/Rein/Reaper that I can even do a heck of a lot with Zen as well. Usually early on I can grab golds in kills and obj kills (outside of healing obviously) until the dps starts to get going.
Zen's been very good to me. Had a Control match last night where it became clear that my teammates didn't know how to make use of my Speed Boost and we got stomped on the first round. Switched to Zen and managed to win the next three rounds with 37% kill participation. On one of my alt accounts, I strictly play "fill", so when we already have a Lucio and need one more support, Zen's usually my go-to.

He's especially handy when the enemy have a Pharah that no one else is addressing; not only does the Discord Orb dissuade her from being out in the open (serving as a faux area-denial), but his Orb of Destruction is fast enough to hit her consistently despite not being hitscan.

Finally had a decent night of wins. I went D Va and my buddy went with Pharah. We just tried to flank and distract to get the other team to back up so the rest of our team could push forward.

Any Sherbros playing on European servers ? My id is : AlienProtein#2205.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back