PATH OF EXILE Official Thread, v1: Serious Improvements Coming Out

What does the league consist of? Is that just another word for new levels amd items? I haven't played this game in a year.

omg. your avatar. so good.

(leagues refer to the 3 month "challenge leagues," which generally have some new/different theme than the permanent leagues. ie: the current theme is time traveling to mayan/aztec pyramids to... i dunno, something or rather)

...wtf are you talking about? they buffed life and made zerphi's stronger than ever. i don't see how a few nerfs means that the trend of power creep on top of power creep is somehow not real/true. and it's not like weapons got nerfed, ever. just new/higher/more OP tiers.

Yes they barely buffed life while nerfing leech hardcore. The real buff to life is that they rebalanced a lot of things so you can focus on taking more defensive skills in your builds. Also wtf are you talking about zerphis like it's a game breaking thing?

Secondarily I completely disagree that power creep is a bad thing as long as they keep building fun new things to experience to go along with it. If you read the forums you will realize a lot of people can't even clear the temples right now for the season. It's not hard to me but nothing ever really was? It's almost always been a thing that if you have a well built character and 50 ex worth of gear you can easily facetank content... but that's the style of the game.

Yes they barely buffed life while nerfing leech hardcore. The real buff to life is that they rebalanced a lot of things so you can focus on taking more defensive skills in your builds. Also wtf are you talking about zerphis like it's a game breaking thing?

omg. HERP. DERP.

zerphi's IS gamebreaking. it's the single most powerful item in the game. and it's been that way for a long time. it makes one immortal. hence, facetanking TWINNED uber elder. i see you didn't notice what was happening in the video i posted. ...it's as if zerphi's was part of it, or something.

the whole zerphi's thing is especially ironic/terrible because it was supposedly just nerfed 3 months ago. but ggg were so fucking clueless about their own mechanics and why zerphi's was OP... that ggg's "nerf" was actually a buff. '1000 hours balance team' struck again.

as for your continued bizarre fixation on 50 ex...

that was like 2 ex in gear.

Last edited:
Probably gonna start my double strike guy tonight just to mess around and go through leveling again. Have almost a 2ex budget, and don't wanna blow it all this early in the league yet on anything and regret it.

omg. HERP. DERP.

zerphi's IS gamebreaking. it's the single most powerful item in the game. and it's been that way for a long time. it makes one immortal. hence, facetanking TWINNED uber elder. i see you didn't notice what was happening in the video i posted. ...it's as if zerphi's was part of it, or something.

the whole zerphi's thing is especially ironic/terrible because it was supposedly just nerfed 3 months ago. but ggg were so fucking clueless about their own mechanics and why zerphi's was OP... that ggg's "nerf" was actually a buff. '1000 hours balance team' struck again.

as for your continued bizarre fixation on 50 ex...

that was like 2 ex in gear.

There are tons of ways to sustain and facetank. Zerphis isn't even that big of a deal. You are way over focused on something that doesn't matter that much. By that argument any atk spd build with an uber elder loh ring or any of the claw builds with loh are near unkillable.

Secondarily you are a super douche. Zerphis is 10 ex+ a month into a league so don't sit here and link a zerphis based build and say they are running 2 ex worth of gear. I don't even need to investigate to tell you your claims are ridiculous and yet you have to be an ass clown while simply discussing your completely wrong opinion for no reason. More than likely the person is running a 6L which just between the zerphis and the 6L we are talking 20 ex without adding another item into the story. Maybe he doesnt get to 50 ex but my point is if you heavily invest into tons of builds the sustain always gets crazy or it's a crappy build.

Try to use some common decency when interacting with other people. You are just expressing your opinions and you made yourself look incredibly stupid while doing it. At the least you could try not being an internet tough guy while doing that.

There are tons of ways to sustain and facetank. Zerphis isn't even that big of a deal. You are way over focused on something that doesn't matter that much. By that argument any atk spd build with an uber elder loh ring or any of the claw builds with loh are near unkillable.

*sigh*

TWINNED UBER (a bug, you can't even do twinned uber fights now) FACETANK. actual immortality. but you say it's not gamebreaking.

if immortality isn't gamebreaking, literally nothing is or can be.

Secondarily you are a super douche. Zerphis is 10 ex+ a month into a league

zerphi's was less than 10c for the first few WEEKS into that league.

and do you know what drove the price up? markusz making that damn video to prove how stupidly broken it was to reddit, so it could actually get fixed.

you JUST tried to play both sides again, btw. you tried to argue that zerphi's aint shit and then you argued that it's a gg flask. WHICH IS IT?

Try to use some common decency when interacting with other people. You are just expressing your opinions and you made yourself look incredibly stupid while doing it. At the least you could try not being an internet tough guy while doing that.

...says the one resorting to namecalling and backpedaling, who already contradicted his own claim yet is stubbornly pretending he's right and that i don't know what i'm talking about?

yeah, no surprise, there.

...wtf are you talking about? they buffed life and made zerphi's stronger than ever. i don't see how a few nerfs means that the trend of power creep on top of power creep is somehow not real/true. and it's not like weapons got nerfed, ever. just new/higher/more OP tiers.

You keep acting like weapons are so much more insane now and a dime a dozen. you used to be able to craft hybrid mods, a few hundred alts and 2ex for the multimod and you can easily create a 350-400+ pdps harby or Ambusher, and thats with bad luck on your rolls. There are a lot of strong new mods (especially with the shaper/elder/incursion stuff), but the affix pool is so vast its harder now to get good, synergizing mods... or how about vagan daggers, where you could essentially toss a regal at them, multimod, and faceroll everything with a CoC build?

1. just because you/"99%" suck doesn't mean the facts i stated are somehow not factual.
2. 50 ex? REALLLY?! THAT'S what you think is such a high, unrealistic figure? well, you just showed how experienced/knowledgeable you are about poe. ...not at all.

Ive been playing since the end of ambush league, early enough to know how much the game has changed. Unlike you, I dont have the delusional mindset that the average player is going to save 50ex like its nothing, because theyre not (thus the popularity of leagues like Perandus, where there was a chance they could get the insane stuff they would never be able to afford), and to pretend like thats not alot because of what competitive streamers, currency flippers, or the top 5-10% of players obtain is just assinine. I have single items worth far more than 50ex rotting away, that doesnt mean in a temp league that is what the norm is reasonably capable of obtaining... Ive played for years, and play a good bit. Again; 1% have beaten shaper, .5% have beaten uber Atziri. You can talk about how bad I am assuming I havent done those things, but I have, numerous times... catering the game around people like myself who came from bleeding edge raiding in top guilds in multiple mmo's is not a wise long term strategy, there is a middleground and poe has it down pretty well currently, imo.

I also found it funny how you said KBB/BV were "non competitive 3 year old meta", I was curious if you were correct;

Incursion SC
First 100 this league: KBB.
2nd highest: KBB.
12 of the top 20: - KBB, BV.

Old, non competitive meta, indeed... how about how many players are using that gamebreaking bleeding edge Zerphi's you keep bringing up?

<1% of players, and not one player in the top 250. There are a dozen of them for sale currently, for 12-18ex.

so you ask that dumb question - and then dismiss both possible answers, anyway. gold. 'you either suck or you're too good to have your opinion count!!!' - lolwut?

It wasnt a win/lose question... it was simply to determine if you were out of touch or simply ignorant and talking out your ass. You seem to be way out of touch to what the average player is capable of, this says nothing of your skill if your claims are to be believed.

...the game is also owned by the biggest investment firm on the planet (and maker of social credit! yay!) - tencent. it had better be growing.

the thing is, much of the new players are RMT.

(if you didn't know, ggg sold out to tencent)

If it impacts the game to where I have to have spend more than what I have/want(ive spent maybe $200 total in my 4 years of playing), or I dont enjoy it, Ill quit... not sure what the purpose of this question is.

You keep acting like weapons are so much more insane now and a dime a dozen. you used to be able to craft hybrid mods, a few hundred alts and 2ex for the multimod and you can easily create a 350-400+ pdps harby or Ambusher, and thats with bad luck on your rolls. There are a lot of strong new mods (especially with the shaper/elder/incursion stuff), but the affix pool is so vast its harder now to get good, synergizing mods... or how about vagan daggers, where you could essentially toss a regal at them, multimod, and faceroll everything with a CoC build?

...umm... you can't be serious.

the vagan daggers were strong because they always hit. now, no one needs to craft them because lycosidae (sp?) and etc already do that for you. now you don't even need to spend 2 ex + those alts, just some chaos. and if ancient orbs are around... you could pick it up for a titicus span and a couple ancient orbs.

you ironically just explained power creep, while trying to do the opposite.

also, FACT: weapons ARE more insane now. FACT: new, higher tiers have been added. repeatedly. this isn't opinion, it's a fact. and an obvious one. how you can pretend otherwise is rather astounding.

since you're the guy who thinks that zerphi's isn't a problem and that howa st and cyclone are the meta, i'm almost done here.

You seem to be way out of touch to what the average player is capable of

lolwut?

the "average player" is an idiot. why would i care about the some hypothetical average player? since when was i talking about some "average player" bullshit?

that backpedaling...

Last edited:
*sigh*

TWINNED UBER (a bug, you can't even do twinned uber fights now) FACETANK. actual immortality. but you say it's not gamebreaking.

if immortality isn't gamebreaking, literally nothing is or can be.

zerphi's was less than 10c for the first few WEEKS into that league.

and do you know what drove the price up? markusz making that damn video to prove how stupidly broken it was to reddit, so it could actually get fixed.

you JUST tried to play both sides again, btw. you tried to argue that zerphi's aint shit and then you argued that it's a gg flask. WHICH IS IT?

...says the one resorting to namecalling and backpedaling, who already contradicted his own claim yet is stubbornly pretending he's right and that i don't know what i'm talking about?

yeah, no surprise, there.

I didn't play both sides. The price of an item has nothing to do with how broken it is. A zerphi's flask is only slightly more expensive than almost any unique 6L chest. 6L chests aren't gamebreaking. Neither is zerphi's. We're not talking about a headhunter here. Cost is simply a matter of supply and demand just like in any other free market. Zerphi's is rare enough that it drives the price up and it is a good item for numerous builds. I had an Esh's mirror with +gem level in harbinger worth 50 ex, but that also didn't make it game breaking... just ridiculously, ridiculously rare for the FOTM build.

Congratulations you now understand market economics.

I didn't play both sides. The price of an item has nothing to do with how broken it is. A zerphi's flask is only slightly more expensive than almost any unique 6L chest. 6L chests aren't gamebreaking. Neither is zerphi's. We're not talking about a headhunter here. Cost is simply a matter of supply and demand just like in any other free market. Zerphi's is rare enough that it drives the price up and it is a good item for numerous builds. I had an Esh's mirror with +gem level in harbinger worth 50 ex, but that also didn't make it game breaking... just ridiculously, ridiculously rare for the FOTM build.

Congratulations you now understand market economics.

backpedal - verb

to retreat or move backward

...umm... you can't be serious.

the vagan daggers were strong because they always hit. now, no one needs to craft them because lycosidae (sp?) and etc already do that for you. now you don't even need to spend 2 ex + those alts, just some chaos. and if ancient orbs are around... you could pick it up for a titicus span and a couple ancient orbs.

you ironically just explained power creep, while trying to do the opposite.

also, FACT: weapons ARE more insane now. FACT: new, higher tiers have been added. repeatedly. this isn't opinion, it's a fact. and an obvious one. how you can pretend otherwise is rather astounding.

since you're the guy who thinks that zerphi's isn't a problem and that howa st and cyclone are the meta, i'm done here.

I never said they were current meta, just named some of the strongest builds that have been used for a while... but I notice you conveniently ignored BV/kbb, again. You said those were old non-competitive meta, you were undeniably wrong to an embarrassing degree. Point in fact; ST AND cyclone are both represented at higher levels than anyone using Zerphis, too, which you seem to keep implying has broken the game.

And since you seem to ignore anything that doesnt fit your narrative; I know that Zerphis is a strong item. I said it before in this very thread: I based a build around it in the essence league, a year ago. The fact remains - why does the leaderboards not consist of significantly more people playing it? Are you implying you know better than the top 250 players, of which, exactly 0 are using this item? why would they NOT use it if it trivializes the game?

As I said before, yes, there are newer, stronger mods. The pool of mods is deeper now, too. Its not that easy to hit good synergy rolls when, while nice for one build, many are a waste of an affix slot for another. The numerous list of nerfed uniques should also be a good indicator that op items are not some new trend, and some were dirt cheap compared to the current ridiculous stuff, like a multi "adds as X" item.

It seems what makes you so mad about the game now is the fact that lower skill/playtime players can actually get reasonably decent items, and the power shift makes the nigh unobtainable gg stuff insanely strong. This shift definitely negatively affects the top players, but then again; when you learn the components of the endgame fights, there is only a basic dps check and beyond that its just time being saved.

I wont completely disagree with that necessarily, but the impact on the overwhelming majority of the playerbase (since you seem to take my "average player" comment as an entity rather than a concept) is not remotely as extreme and negative as you make it.

...what the fuck is kbb and why do you insist on adding an extra b, every time? i thought it was a typo at first, but you clearly think that's how it's spelled.

kinetic blast? because that's just kb.

but thanks for still pretending being immortal isn't game-breaking (lolz!) and that bv is meta. huh?

if only you meant VAAL blade vortex.

why does the leaderboards not consist of significantly more people playing it?

because, like i said about 347854784 times now, the game is stupidly easy and one doesn't need zerphi's to no-life to 100 in a week. why you're now making this about the league ladders is bewildering.

it's as if i talked about power creep, or something.

it's like i used zerphi's as an example for how ggg is fucking clueless (again, they supposedly just nerfed it. nerf is a buff) about their own mechanics.

it's as if these things were LITERALLY spelled out already.

maybe you should try to focus on actual points i made instead of wall of texting about 'average player' bullshit, '50 ex!' bullshit, and 1 guy supposedly playing bv so it's meta like vaal bv!'

Last edited:
did a wander elementalist to fuck around with elemental hit for a bit, hit maps, didn't get uber lab, got bored, so I decided to fuck around with some bv instead, good fun.
About to hit 90 on that guy and still didn't find any real build enabling uniques, so not sure what to go for next. Maybe some kind of double strike thing, or ED+Blight trickster again to fuck around with some vaal blight.
Love the league, incursions are real nice for just getting more items in ssf, levelling to maps the first time felt pretty smooth even with ele hit. Lots of action on the HC SSF ladder too, was fun to watch the race to 100.

...what the fuck is kbb and why do you insist on adding an extra b, every time? i thought it was a typo at first, but you clearly think that's how it's spelled.!'

...Kinetic Blast/Barrage.

Its clearly a waste of time discussing anything with you. All of your posts sound like an old man screaming about how good the old times were, spouting off about "game breaking" items that aren't being used by the top players, then justify it by suggesting you don't need it to get to 100, which is bizarre considering your stance on how this game is competitive. You move the goal posts when you are wrong, and you think by ignoring, misconstruing, insulting, and focusing on one point of contention (even one addressed and conceded), that you "win".

The game is fun, and while I can agree with some of what you say, your method of discourse is beyond cancerous.

...Kinetic Blast/Barrage.

Its clearly a waste of time discussing anything with you. All of your posts sound like an old man screaming about how good the old times were, spouting off about "game breaking" items that aren't being used by the top players, then justify it by suggesting you don't need it to get to 100, which is bizarre considering your stance on how this game is competitive. You move the goal posts when you are wrong, and you think by ignoring, misconstruing, insulting, and focusing on one point of contention (even one addressed and conceded), that you "win".

The game is fun, and while I can agree with some of what you say, your method of discourse is beyond cancerous.

...that evasion is unreal.

YOUR point was that zerphi's isn't being used by ladder no-lifers, therefore, it's not game-breaking.

zerphi's is defensive, which... get this, ladder no-lifers don't need. they just want maximum kill/clear speed. plus, they generally have "bitchbois" and aurabots.

you can't follow your own cherrypicked criteria, and then you accuse me of shifting goalposts.

and ffs, you thought kbb was a skill.

you thought the only competition is the league ladder (done in less than a week, for a 3 month league... could it be that there's more to it? like... you know, the whole new economy?) ffs, the PLAYING competition ended years ago - when they stopped doing racing seasons.

as for cancerous, you're both pot and kettle. you're the one who evades this entire argument, yet still argues. you're the one namecalling. you're the one who made mistakes and then tried to blame me for them. you're the cancer.

Last edited:
...that evasion is unreal.

YOUR point was that zerphi's isn't being used by ladder no-lifers, therefore, it's not game-breaking.

zerphi's is defensive, which... get this, ladder no-lifers don't need. they just want maximum kill/clear speed. plus, they generally have "bitchbois" and aurabots.

you can't follow your own cherrypicked criteria, and then you accuse me of shifting goalposts.

and ffs, you thought kbb was a skill.

you thought the only competition is the league ladder (done in less than a week, for a 3 month league... could it be that there's more to it? like... you know, the whole new economy?) ffs, the PLAYING competition ended years ago - when they stopped doing racing seasons.

as for cancerous, you're both pot and kettle. you're the one who evades this entire argument, yet still argues. you're the one namecalling. you're the one who made mistakes and then tried to blame me for them. you're the cancer.

images

Got double striker to maps with a 275 pdps, 1.8 aps, 7.5% chance to crit foil I got for 10 chaos that required level 52 to use. He did great damage, got around quick, just wasn't my cup of tea.

Sold the foil for 60 chaos, jumped back into my Arc trapper. Will stick with this guy for the rest of the time I play the league probably.

Haven't gotten a single thing worth anything myself. No exalts. Got 3 divines, 20-30 chaos, 20 vaals, but no Exalts. About 50 hours or so play time in the league, RNG is RNG. Usually have about 2 or so pure exalt drops by now :(

Incursion is flat out fun though. Finally got around 20% chaos res, so it's not SOOOO bad, but the RNG the bitch gives me in my temples sucks ass. She will never take me back to fully upgrade any room worth while.

Got double striker to maps with a 275 pdps, 1.8 aps, 7.5% chance to crit foil I got for 10 chaos that required level 52 to use. He did great damage, got around quick, just wasn't my cup of tea.

Sold the foil for 60 chaos, jumped back into my Arc trapper. Will stick with this guy for the rest of the time I play the league probably.

Haven't gotten a single thing worth anything myself. No exalts. Got 3 divines, 20-30 chaos, 20 vaals, but no Exalts. About 50 hours or so play time in the league, RNG is RNG. Usually have about 2 or so pure exalt drops by now :(

Incursion is flat out fun though. Finally got around 20% chaos res, so it's not SOOOO bad, but the RNG the bitch gives me in my temples sucks ass. She will never take me back to fully upgrade any room worth while.

Im on the fence on several 2nd builds myself... I got a Brutus Lead Sprinkler from the T2 empowerment room and an astramentis from a T3 Jewelry room, but I also got a Tinkerskin and 6S5L'ed it, traps seem to be incredibly strong though so its a tough call. My CwC Incinerate Firestorm Elementalist is still strong as hell and fast... early Tabula and a Bisco's leash have made things easy.

Back