Paulo Costa would fight Israel Adesanya "if the people want this fight, let’s make this fight"

He is calling out Weidman but he's down to fight Adeysana if they cant get that fight.

“The first time I heard his name was on Friday when he fought,” Costa said. “People asked me about this fight, and I said I don’t know this guy. But if the people want this fight, let’s make this fight.

“But my priority is Chris Weidman. He’s a former champion, he’s very famous in the world, and he’s higher ranked. But I’m a fighter, and the UFC decides. (UFC President) Dana White decides. I’m here to make the biggest and the greatest fights. So if he wants it and everybody wants it, I’ll fight Israel.”

True I just looked it up. Thank u

we thought francis vs lewis was going to be brutal.. so u never know.i like both young fellas but gun to my head kiwi bones jones by tko

you really gonna compare the guy to one of the heaviest built dude in the division?
as for the matchup i'd rather not see 2 upcoming prospects derail each other the MW division could use some new life

Would be a great fight, technique versus brutal power. I think Costa wins it, he looks like he'd rip Adesanya in half.

Adesanya has slept dudes who would make condom man their little bitch standing

If you want to beat Adesanya you need a great ground game not just eye pokes and dick punches

As long as Costa can keep up the frequency of eye pokes and dick punches he may have a chance against Adesanya.

We will soon find out, now that they are both in top 10.

I’d take Izzy Vibes via decision. Just a gut feeling

though either guy winning wouldn’t shock me

Let’s get MW running on all cylinders again

Man, a lot of MMA fans are still hypnotized by big muscles.

Yeah, Costa is dangerous, but he's all offense. His strikes are powerful, but would and his defense is pretty porous.

If he connects against anyone, he can have them in trouble, but even then, it's not like he has CRAZY ko power. I may be wrong, but I don't think he's put people to sleep. He's getting TKOs.

I think Izzy would out strike him, leading to a decision or finish in the later rounds. Izzy's footwork, precision, and distance control would be too much for Costa and no amount of muscles would unlikely to change that.

Costa was kept outside range and hit waaaay too much by freakin Urijah "what do I do?" Hall, who is 6 feet tall. 6'4" Adesanya tears Costa up, unfortunately

Yeah obviously the Guy with more muscle win...
StyleBender outclass him ez

its too soon... they should fight for a title in the future. dont destroy the build up now.

It may lead to more brutal tweets from Dana and even more brutal counter tweets from The Schaub.
I think they should have Adesanya vs Costa and Dana vs Schaub in a Twitter fight at the same time. They broadcast the tweets in real time and then the judges decide who won at the end of it.

This is what the fans want, apparently, since there's more talk about Schaub than there is about DC right now.

The power and ferocity Natty Costa brings would simply be too much for Israel
Really? You have Jones in your AV. He was the GOAT before he popped. Was he powerful? Definitely ferocious, but powerful? Israel is an even better striker than him! And he's adapting well to MMA (unlike Saki). So how do you see Costa beating him really?

Isreal is a master of controlling distance. His entire game is keeping you at the end of his strikes, and he does this very well. Uriah "No Fundamentals" Hall was putting a jab in. Costas mouth all night, and it was really giving him issues. Costas answer was to blast through it. Isreal welcomes this approach as it plays right into his striking game.

Easy win for Isreal. Keep them separate. I like both guys. I actually like the Chris fight. Same thing if he goes to the ground, he's out of his element, but he's got a really good chance in the striking.

I actually can see Israel v Paulo going like Silva vs Leban. Maybe a later stoppage or one sided striking master class.

Just like FW McGregs was too skinny to KO TST Mendes?

haha

Imagine how bad Paulo Costa would shatter Israel’s brittle body?
View attachment 407085
View attachment 407089
View attachment 407087
I’ve been saying this since his debut, but Israel is too fragile and skinny to hang with the top dogs at MW. He is extremely skilled but needs to add more muscle to defend TDs and put more pop on his strikes. Look at the difference between Paulo and Israel’s delts.

Costa has thick almond delts while Israel has shriveled raisin delts. No doubt Paulo walks him down and eats his best shots before brutally KOing Israel against the cage like he did to Hall.
Israel wins in my opinion.

Lol @ the butthurt mod who’s an Israel fanboy and merged my 5 page thread into a 2 page thread.

Back