Prime Chuck vs prime Machida

Dude rampagae has a superior career and win column and raped Prime chuck 2x.

Rampage losing to wanderlei is true but Chuck never fought that version of wanderlei even though i think personally he could of beaten wanderkei based on his style.
Bj lost to Frankie how many times? How many times did Hughes lose to Dennis Hallman? How many times did Silva lose to Weidman? How many times did Bendo beat Frankie? Do you see the pattern there? I wouldn't even hardly count beating a 37 year old Chuck Liddell as remotely proof or evidence of who was better and who had the better career. Liddell had already accomplished a whole lot more than Rampage ever had by the time they met the first time. Chuck then went on the most historic tear that the LHW has ever seen since Jon Jones. With those wars accumulated the inevitable collapse came and coincided with declining reaction times. If the drug use was taken out of the equation the collapse might not have been as violent.

Back to Rampage, he had a handful of quality wins that's it. Chuck 1, Arona, and Hendo. If you want to grasp at the deteriorated versions of Chuck and Wand who were 37 and older to support your claim you really are stupid.

Who would have won, Chocolate L or the dragon?

Id pick chuck..hes a more powerful counter strike with style machida wouldnt be use to..if machida wins itll be by decison..chuck wins by ktfo..

ONLY calling him Chocolate L from now on, that's fucking gold.

Anyways, definitely going with Machida. I think in this battle of two counterstrikers, the faster and more patient man has the advantage. And Machida's ground game has always been underrated.

Machida UD
I think it was originally Chocolate Al

I remember a thread from awhile ago where some poster's kid drew a shitty little drawing of Chuck in celebration posture, and he'd titled it "My Daddy Loves Chocolate Al" or something

cracked me the hell up

edit: @RiotWyatt beat me to it

Quinton's wins

quintons wins don't cancel out chuck's career. You have to basically undermine and ridicule Couture, Tito, and Vitor, in order to somehow make him look better and it's pretty disgusting. This isn't who is the greatest striker, this is who is the greatest fighter. Quinton can't tie Chuck's shoelaces career wise.
lmfao

Quinton's wins

quintons wins don't cancel out chuck's career. You have to basically undermine and ridicule Couture, Tito, and Vitor, in order to somehow make him look better and it's pretty disgusting. This isn't who is the greatest striker, this is who is the greatest fighter. Quinton can't tie Chuck's shoelaces career wise.
Rampage unified the belts man. His wins over chuck and hendo are better than anything chuck did. Just that alone.

He won 2 fights and lost one. Hardly ran out.

I recall alistair hitting chuck w everything he had but chuck was like OK now what? It has nothing to do with his weight cut it has to do with him not being able to put chuck down,and dying when chuck returned the favor.

Diet reem gassed out after 5 minutes against damn near everyone and was definitely winning the exchanges

Chuck slipped 1x and was dropped other. But he beat wandy to the punches and was better fighter acrually used kicks too.

I don’t dispute chuck won an easy 29-28 though it was close enough in his mind to shoot and secure rounds. Probably my favorite fight of all time despite happening 3 years later than it should have.

Machida would make him look like an amateur fighter. Sorry thats the reality

fascinating match-up, always intrigued me.

I have no idea honestly but it's cool af because they both fight with their hands low and have wide stances and broad circular footwork movements.

Diet reem gassed out after 5 minutes against damn near everyone and was definitely winning the exchanges
Lots of excuses and reeks of "almost"

Lots of excuses and reeks of "almost"

Just stating he didn’t have an easy time with strikers and wasn’t this elite fighter people try to remember him as.

Just stating he didn’t have an easy time with strikers and wasn’t this elite fighter people try to remember him as.
Most def elite fighter

I don't think people understand the nightmare that was prime Chuck. Although both Machida and Chuck were elite, the edge will always go to Chuck.

Dynamite in hands, granite chin, and godly TDD.

Chuck via round 1 KO/TKO.

I have a feeling Chuck in his prime KO's Machida.

Lol agree to disagree. Cheers.
2 time lhw champ. Has wins over lidell,wanderlei,ortiz and the reem. How can you say hes not an elite fighter? Because he struggled with "strikers" ? Thats not really a reason.

Machida beats him,but so what,styles make fights.

Screw it, I'll pick Chuck. He could always take a hell of a hit and was good going backwards. Both are counter strikers so the fight won't be a slugfest.

Chucks speed came from combos and machida always moves around never in range of punches. Chuck comes in with his hands down alot very frustrated, so i am betting machida would Tag him pin point on the jaw with some straight fire behind it. Machida by ko.

giphy.gif

ibkwfc.gif

Last edited:
Back