Professional Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
chknhawk said:
Secondly, PLEASE never allow Milena to directly address a crowd again, she looked completely overwhelmed on the mic and several times had to stop and regain her composure before screeching something else that was indecipherable, however Nitro did OK.
Yea, I was hoping for more too but the entire press conferance reminded me of a high school play. A bad high school play.

ashida.kim said:
speaking of on air characters

i realized they never picked a new GM for raw, whatever happened to dusty?

Vince pretty much went with himself as GM, with Coach as his "executive assistant"

^Yeah, there's no better way to keep himself on TV. Also, does Vince wear a toupee?

Pretty physical activity to be wearing a toupee for, unless I'm being naive. Not sure how toupees work. His hair seems pretty thin at times when he wrestles and you can see straight to his scalp. I pay way too much attention to mens' hair these days. That's because I sprouted my first grey hair the other week and yanked it out. Oh, the plight of getting old.

DO u think DX is going anywhere?
I mean wwe tried to sign road dogg and bad ass.
but do u really think the ratings on raw would last
/

How kool it would be if AJ styles sign with the wwe and be apart of the ECW brand

Are the James Gang out of TNA?

Someone please tell Bob Holley that he really is Sparky Plug doing a bad Scott Steiner impersonation.

peves said:
Pretty physical activity to be wearing a toupee for, unless I'm being naive. Not sure how toupees work. His hair seems pretty thin at times when he wrestles and you can see straight to his scalp. I pay way too much attention to mens' hair these days. That's because I sprouted my first grey hair the other week and yanked it out. Oh, the plight of getting old.

His hair always looks like it will fall off at any time.

ZxcFight said:
DO u think DX is going anywhere?
I mean wwe tried to sign road dogg and bad ass.
but do u really think the ratings on raw would last

no its just 2 overgrown men acting stupid and the ratings havent really gone up all that much since the DX reunion

ZxcFight said:
DO u think Angle will call it quits or sign with TNA?

he's already done with the E as of now and im 99.9% sure that he has no intention of signing with TNA although it would be great.

ZxcFight said:
How kool it would be if AJ styles sign with the wwe and be apart of the ECW brand

lol... no

My main problem with DX V2/3/4/5, other than the parts being played by guys too old to be pulling childish pranks:

HHH is the mouth piece this time around and Shawn Michaels is the tool. The first time we had it, Shawn took care of the mic and was the center piece. Hell, DX was basicaly Shawn re-invneted. Now we have HHH being the brains and vocal guy and Shawn being an absolute fucking moron jumping around and making the dumbest facial expressions. Shawn is one of my all-time favorites but he also is my least liked when he acts like a happy tard. HHH took over when Shawn left, but DX had more balance at that point with Chyna and the intrigue of who else will join.

They also need a good balance of younger guys or a New Age Outlaws type thing. MNM woulda been a perfect fit.

DX is dead. This was a worse redux than the NWO. Horrible idea to bring them back. Same as it was the nWo, who were only really good through their first year, and then when Scott Hall started getting more and more fucked up, and they started adding everybody to the NWO it sucked. They're extremely dated ideas, neither of which are or were any good.

If they bring back Sean Waltman for DX, that would really be beating a dead horse. It's really sad how that guy's career success is only due to the NWO and DX.

White Snake said:
If they bring back Sean Waltman for DX, that would really be beating a dead horse. It's really sad how that guy's career success is only due to the NWO and DX.

Not to mention being one of those jobbers to get a win over a star. He pinned Razor Ramon with a small package to become the 1-2-3 Kid.

God I hate Sean Waltman. You know your awful when they coin a phrase like "X-Pac heat" after you. For those who don't know, X-Pac heat is when you get booed regardless if your heel or face, or what you do, because the crowd does not want to see you because your terrible. Melina and Nitro got some X-Pac heat on Monday for an example.

wwe needs new writers u can predict whats going to happen before it happens now adays

Then & Now: Bobby Roode and Randy Savage

Jim Ross does a column on WWE.com comparing stars of the past & present. Its done very erraticly, but I figure TNA could use one, so here's one for the little guy.

Randy Savage is one of my all time favorite wrestlers. In his prime there was nothing he could not do. He had a great look, extremely athletic, charasmatic, great talker, he was the definition of total package.

I see the same qualities in Bobby Roode. Roode is in his physical prime, and while he hasn't yet shown himself to be on the same level as Savage(how many guys actually are on Savage's level?) he's still relatively young, and can improve. The majority of Bobby's matches over the last two years have been tag team affairs with the other members of Team Canada. And while all of team Canada, save for A-1, are talented workers, none of them truly had a chance to shine except for Petey Williams in his X-title reign.

But Team Canada is no more. And during the last few months of its existence, each member started to gain more individuality, again save for A-1. Bobby's first real singles program was with Rhyno, an established singles star. In their PPV match Bobby really showed a lot of talent and versatility. Taking off from the top, and coming up with some power manuevers. He showed TNA management he's ready to step into the spotlight

Roode and Savage's physiques are very similar. Savage in his prime weighed about 235 and stood about 6'1. He had a small size compared to most main eventers, but he had an extremely sculpted physique and incredible muscle mass for his sleek frame which allowed him the versatlity which made him so great in the ring.

Roode is a bit taller than Randy, and a slight bit heavier, but while he doesn't have Savage's speed, he's still quicker than most guys in the upper TNA card, and is more than capable of matching power with a bruiser like Rhyno. While he isn't able to fly like Savage, he's capable of more in terms of strength than Randy was.

Promo wise, they're different. Savage was always oozing intensity. Roode thus far as come off as being serious and straight to the point, while Randy liked to build and build and then explode in interviews. Roode hasn't had a chance to cut many promos, and I don't know how much he'll get to speak when he's paired with a manager. Maybe they can have the same dynamic Rick Rude and Curt Hennig did with Bobby Heenan.

The way Bobby Roode's new character is being developed is identical to Savage's arrival in the WWF in 1985. Every manager was scounting the hottest free agent around, hoping to sign him. Apparently I'm not the only one who sees the comparissons to Savage, thumbs up to TNA management for recycling an idea that is not dated, and is actually refreshing.

Savage shocked everyone and brought in Elizabeth as his manager. Elizabeth virtually never spoke, didn't cheat for Savage, but was quite the eye candy, and served to give Savage's character some apathy.

I doubt TNA goes this route with Roode. I'd like to see him with Simon Diamond as his manager, just because Simon could be a good second, and wouldn't overshadow Roode like someone like Shane Douglas might.

The key difference between the two IMO? Savage was called up to the WWF when he was 35 years old. He was pretty much just ending his prime when he got to WWE, and still cranked out another 6 years worth of outstanding work. Roode isn't even 30 yet, and is really just starting to come into his own as a singles performer.

Bobby Roode 3 years ago was a "can't miss prospect." Now he's on his way to main event status, and we'll all be in for a treat once he returns to TNA rings.

did anyone see chris jerico on the fox singing show man he try to sing a love song but he's rock on roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back