Locked PWD 1136: LIKE MUSSOLINI

Is CM Punk Coming Back to WWE a Good Move?

• Yes

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • We'll See What Happens

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I was really surprised when the curtain got pulled back and we saw that this family that had been held up as literal royalty in the rasslin business was just another trash filled dysfunctional disaster

Then ole Pete grew up and learned about the world and found out every family is full of dirtbags and junkies, some just do a better job of hiding it than others
Gotta be a numbers game. You can't have that many damn people and not expect a few scumbags. Stu wasn't a bad guy but Bret's book doesn't really paint him as this stately leader of the household to me. He just cared about stretching people in his basement and cooking chicken <Lmaoo>

Gotta be a numbers game. You can't have that many damn people and not expect a few scumbags. Stu wasn't a bad guy but Bret's book doesn't really paint him as this stately leader of the household to me. He just cared about stretching people in his basement and cooking chicken <Lmaoo>

I havent read Brets book but if you want a deep dive into the history of that family and the Stampede promotion then you gotta check out Heath McCoys book
It starts back when Stu was a kid and takes you on a rollercoaster ride through all the chaos and insanity of life in the rasslin business and all the scumbags that populated that territory until the day it ceased to exist, it is a really great read

71rsj1vQ4EL._SL1500_.jpg

I havent read Brets book but if you want a deep dive into the history of that family and the Stampede promotion then you gotta check out Heath McCoys book
It starts back when Stu was a kid and takes you on a rollercoaster ride through all the chaos and insanity of life in the rasslin business and all the scumbags that populated that territory until the day it ceased to exist, it is a really great read

View attachment 1014016
That sounds excellent. Bret's touching on Stampede was a great part of his book. He tells a story about Jake Roberts coming through and being on crutches saying he can't work his shot. Then later they catch him walking around the kitchen making his breakfast just fine without his crutches when he thinks he's alone in the house <Lmaoo>

He definitely protects Dynamite, Bulldog the rest his friends and of course Stu in the book though so I'd be interested to get the real stuff!

With this and Raven's crucifixion of Sandman, I've never understood what the big deal was. I'm a lifelong Catholic. I've seen this done to Conan, Professor X, etc. It's a villainous act done to elicit that exact response of sympathy and outrage so that, when the babyface wins the blow off, there's more of a catharsis for the audience. Is normal.

I think that's the thing, it's the intent and the payoff.

Look at the Crown of Thorns in AEW on Good Friday, I don't think anything would have been made of that if Sean Ross Sapp didn't spaff in his pants all over Twitter when it happened and linked it. When it happened with The Sandman, and Austin, there was a reason for it. Whereas that spot didn't really have any real point to it.

That sounds excellent. Bret's touching on Stampede was a great part of his book. He tells a story about Jake Roberts coming through and being on crutches saying he can't work his shot. Then later they catch him walking around the kitchen making his breakfast just fine without his crutches when he thinks he's alone in the house <Lmaoo>

He definitely protects Dynamite, Bulldog the rest his friends and of course Stu in the book though so I'd be interested to get the real stuff!

I really liked the look back at their lives in the 1840's and 50's
Stu and Helen lived in a tiny little old school canvas tent in the middle of a frozen wasteland when they first got married, that was one tough couple

This pic posting fiasco better be sorted out soon because I am NOT posting a new thread without any fucking pics!

McKenzie Mitchell has gone from WWE

Today was garbage day and I forgot to empty the garbage bag from the kitchen into the can before it was dumped this morning, this is going to stick in my craw all week long and irritate the shit outta me and I will be powerless to do anything about it!

stitch-lilo-and-stitch.gif

Huge ass, complicated GTA 6 will launch more smoothly than Sherdog doing their little rinky dink forum "update" where all they added was some reaction emojis.

What was your son's demeanor after the match last night?
Did he take it hard cause had been busting his ass all summer or did he just accept that theres more work to do and was eager to get things back rolling?
Or was it a 3rd option?

Maven probably has the best wrestling YouTube channel right now.

What was your son's demeanor after the match last night?
Did he take it hard cause had been busting his ass all summer or did he just accept that theres more work to do and was eager to get things back rolling?
Or was it a 3rd option?

He's probably the most competitive person I've ever been around but the thing with wrestling is it will humble your ass like no other and he's been doing this since he was 5. He was frustrated but he zones out a bit after a tough loss and then he's over it. I've always been curious what's actually going on in his mind when does that. He'll go sit some where and stare off into space for a while. Obviously, processing the loss but I'm interested in the actual details of what he's doing to get over it. I could always just ask him but some things are just personal and private.

Gotta have a short memory in that business. The most important match is your next match! Before that match where he got pinned in the first period he pinned some other kid in the first period.

But yeah he was good. Picked him up a triple burger and fries and we got home in time to watch the Cowboys beat those filthy Seahawks and I popped him with jokes talking shit about both teams. Next tournament tomorrow in Turlock! We off to the next one, Pete.

@moonwolf I am officially excited about the new Flavor Of The Month!
Marshmallow ice cream and cocoa ice cream packed with mini marshmallows!
Mmm mmm!!
Ole Pete finna rush down there now to make sure he's first in line

@moonwolf I am officially excited about the new Flavor Of The Month!
Marshmallow ice cream and cocoa ice cream packed with mini marshmallows!
Mmm mmm!!
Ole Pete finna rush down there now to make sure he's first in line

Picked the boys up some Crumbl frozen hot chocolate cookies last night too.

It's that time of year, Pete!

He's probably the most competitive person I've ever been around but the thing with wrestling is it will humble your ass like no other and he's been doing this since he was 5. He was frustrated but he zones out a bit after a tough loss and then he's over it. I've always been curious what's actually going on in his mind when does that. He'll go sit some where and stare off into space for a while. Obviously, processing the loss but I'm interested in the actual details of what he's doing to get over it. I could always just ask him but some things are just personal and private.

Gotta have a short memory in that business. The most important match is your next match! Before that match where he got pinned in the first period he pinned some other kid in the first period.

But yeah he was good. Picked him up a triple burger and fries and we got home in time to watch the Cowboys beat those filthy Seahawks and I popped him with jokes talking shit about both teams. Next tournament tomorrow in Turlock! We off to the next one, Pete.

We're on to Turlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back