Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

I cant seem to find the comment (might have been in my old account) but a while back I made a point about certain P4P Japanese kickboxers and how things would change once they left their comfort zones. Fans claiming takeru and tenshin were p4p no 1/2 kickboxers when they're simply good Japanese fighters carefully selecting opponents to bring over to Japan to beat and once they transition over to ONE and face the likes of a Superlek things would change dramatically.

I remember @Nova44 getting angry with me comparing it to how a prime Rigo would do vs Naoya Inoue.

Crawford > Inoue
Superlek > Tenshin/Takeru

Just because I am petty and whether they're Japanese or not I cannot stand when fighters are ranked based on comfort zones.

I cant seem to find the comment (might have been in my old account) but a while back I made a point about certain P4P Japanese kickboxers and how things would change once they left their comfort zones. Fans claiming takeru and tenshin were p4p no 1/2 kickboxers when they're simply good Japanese fighters carefully selecting opponents to bring over to Japan to beat and once they transition over to ONE and face the likes of a Superlek things would change dramatically.

I remember @Nova44 getting angry with me comparing it to how a prime Rigo would do vs Naoya Inoue.

Crawford > Inoue

Just because I am petty and whether they're Japanese or not I cannot stand when fighters are ranked based on comfort zones.

Don't quote me when you can't even find the comment you're talking about.

You've even contradicted yourself talking about comfort zones and then bringing up Crawford > Naoya... Crawford has only ever fought outside of the US once, Naoya has fought outside of Japan 4 times...

Did you also miss how many RISE fighters slapped the shit out of Glory's Euro guys recently? How about RISE bringing over Thais in recent months and outclassing some of them? How about Nadaka Yoshinari crushing Praewprao and winning another Rajadamnern belt in another weight class? No, because you don't follow this stuff. You only post when it's convenient.

Two braindead Superlek vs Takeru threads recently, from equally braindead posters.

Crawford > Inoue

So after my comment i looked for what you "couldn't find" and it took me 2 minutes, and i never got angry at you once...

You were basically laughing at the fact that 22 year old Kento had moved up 4kg to fight the best 65kg in kickboxer on the planet and that somehow showed Kento was protected lol and you were going on about Tenshin vs Rodtang, then you were saying Tenshin cherrypicked blah blah blah

I said this at the time...
Tenshin vs Rodtang was close because Rodtang is an absolute beast and doesn't fight like normal Thais. Dude literally walks through everything and throws down all fight. No matter who he fights it's always gonna be close or he gets the win, you can't dominate Rodtang.

As for Kento, he moved up 4kg in recent months to build into this risky fight, and yes he was overwhelmed and outmatched, but let's be honest, Petch outmatches everyone in Glory too... It's nothing on Kento, or the Japanese like you think, it's that all of Petch's competition at his weight is in ONE. The best guys at Petch's weight are guys like Capitan, Nong-O, Littewada, Tawanchai, Jianliang, and they're all in ONE.

Oh and just so you know, Thais get robbed of wins just as much in their own sport as they do in kickboxing, it's not exclusive to Thai's fighting on foreign soil.

As for your Rigo comment... Yes, Naoya destroys Rigo now, and he probably destroys him when he was in his prime.

Just to prove my point about Kento not being protected and being the real deal, maybe you should catch up on kickboxing. Kento's last 4 wins have been over 3 Glory guys and 1 ISKA champ... you were wrong then and you're still wrong.

People can read the rest of the thread if they want to see people that aren't me arguing lol

The only time i ever got angry with you was when you called Esum lazy for posting ONE results in the Thai thread instead of the ONE thread, and it wasn't just me who you angered. Esum has barely been seen since then because posting the amount of Thai fights as he did took up so much of his life.

Crawford > Inoue

they're simply good ONE fighters carefully selecting opponents to bring over to Thailand and Singapore to beat and once they transition over to China and face the likes of a balding, part time cop who just lost to David Mejia (lololol), things would change dramatically.

Aoqi > Tawanchai

Chongyang > Ennahachi

Just because I am petty and whether they're ONE fighters or not I cannot stand when fighters are ranked based on comfort zones.

My memory is hazy but I think it was actually Kvebekistan who was nagging Esum and made him ghost us.

My memory is hazy but I think it was actually Kvebekistan who was nagging Esum and made him ghost us.

That might've been a different thing. Metatron definitely nagged Esum for not putting stuff in the right thread, even though he was going above and beyond to post muay thai fights every day. I can always find it if need be.

I forgot to mention it before, but it was really cool seeing Soo Lin Oo come to ONE and do exactly what he does best, right down to getting headkicked in round 1.

Kulabdam has got this one I think, though it will be a firefight so who knows.

Kulabdam has got this one I think, though it will be a firefight so who knows.
I tend to agree with you.
They are not giving Nong-o an easy one to build his confidence. I really am starting to think Chatri doesn't like Nong-o at this stage. Wasn't nong-o oringinally supposed to be fighting some lower level russian guy.
Fighting a big puncher like kulabdam after being ko'd twice is a tough task for Nong-o.

I tend to agree with you.
They are not giving Nong-o an easy one to build his confidence. I really am starting to think Chatri doesn't like Nong-o at this stage. Wasn't nong-o oringinally supposed to be fighting some lower level russian guy.
Fighting a big puncher like kulabdam after being ko'd twice is a tough task for Nong-o.

It's been obvious since Nong-O fought Lobo that Chatri can't stand him for some reason.

Kuzmin arguably robbed against Haggrty, so he wasn't easy fight either. Seems like Chatri s trying to cash out on Nong-O's name value to promote other guys.

A couple of years ago everyone woul have pick Nong O over Kulabdam. It’s still an interesting fight and to me, Kulabdam with a win will be more deserving of a title shot than Carrillo.

I like the fight but june, really?
It’s so far from now and it will be after 6 months since Tawanchai’s last fight.

I don't think it's a good match-up for smoking Jo in MT rules. But hey I'll be watching.

Wrecking machine Aslamjon Ortikov is back on Friday vs Watcharapon Singha Mawynn.

Back