Remember when Conservative media criticized Obama for everything?

While it's true that the top right leaning media outlets get the best ratings it's also true that there are alot more left leaning outlets overall. In the end the left leaning outlets, collectively, reach way more people and control the majority of narratives that influence soiciety way more than Rush and Fox do.

hey TheComebackKid, good to see you're still here!

that depends.

most folks who hew heavily towards Mr. Trump (and the right in general), feel that anything that isn't Fox is "liberal".

if that's your take on things, i can see how you feel that way.

i see the nightly newscasts on ABC, NBC and CBS - along with outlets such as USA Today - as blandly in the middle, seeking to draw the most eyeballs while upsetting the least amount of people.

- IGIT

hey TheComebackKid, good to see you're still here!

that depends.

most folks who hew heavily towards Mr. Trump (and the right in general), feel that anything that isn't Fox is "liberal".

if that's your take on things, i can see how you feel that way.

i see the nightly newscasts on ABC, NBC and CBS - along with outlets such as USA Today - as blandly in the middle, seeking to draw the most eyeballs while upsetting the least amount of people.

- IGIT

Same to you IGIT.

Which outlets are liberal, conservative, or down the middle can be debated. But what cant be debated is that the vast majority of Americans do not get their news from Rush and from Fox. Nor do these outlets control societal narratives.

The question on whether or not the msm is biased toward the left goes back to whether or not you consider certain outlets liberal or conservatives.

hello splendica, good to meet you,

if President Obama tweeted 1/10th of things that Mr. Trump has, or if his campaign advisors in up to their necks with Russia, i'm very, very curious to see how the reporting from CNN would have played out.

i mean, lets think about this;

there's a live recording of Mr. Obama saying that, due his rock superstardom among democrats, he can just "grab'm by the pussy" if he's so inclined.

i wonder how that would have played out in 2007?

hmmm.

lol.

- IGIT

Trump began responding to the media via tweets long after they had sided with Hillary during the campaign. Clinton was given debate questions by CNN for goodness sake (one of many disgusting tactics used against Trump). Obama campaigned for Hillary for several weeks.

It's been a war by the whole of the establishment. Trump just began to fight back via tweeting - one of the few legal ways to do so.

Same to you IGIT.

Which outlets are liberal, conservative, or down the middle can be debated. But what cant be debated is that the vast majority of Americans do not get their news from Rush and from Fox. Nor do these outlets control societal narratives.

The question on whether or not the msm is biased toward the left goes back to whether or not you consider certain outlets liberal or conservatives.

heya TCK,

i didn't say a vast majority of Americans get their news from Fox, Rush and the Wall Street Journal though.

i mean, that has not been my position. i merely stated that they are top rated news outlets on TV, the radio and print in America. the idea that rightwing news is some kind of plucky, undergound phenomenon that is shaking the pillars of liberal media seems silly to me, though.

conservative media is #1, and dominant.

as you pointed out, this is where we disagree; i don't see CNN as some liberal propaganda machine...nor do i see major network news as liberal.

- IGIT

Yea how dare Lincoln freed the slaves and what's up with George Washington being the first President and setting a terrible example for all future Presidents. It all goes back to George Washington.

Lincoln was probably the most hated President in American history.

Half the American population fought a WAR against him. They lost the war, then shot him in the head.

No President is above criticism.

Just read the following: This Republican president "has continued during the past week to make a fool of himself and to mortify and shame the intelligent people of this great nation. His speeches have demonstrated the fact ... he is no more capable of becoming a statesman, nay, even a moderate one, than the braying ass can become a noble lion. People now marvel how it came to pass that ... should have been selected as the representative man of any party... have made us the laughing stock of the whole world. The European powers will despise us because we have no better material out of which to make a President ...

^ That was written about Honest Abe in 1861.

last post for now, splendica, time to head out and run some errands,

Trump began responding to the media via tweets long after they had sided with Hillary during the campaign.

the media never sided with Mrs. Clinton, lol. go look at Matt Lauer's interviews with both Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton. go read the President of CNN's lament that he went overboard with pro-Trump coverage on his own network.

did most of the pundits predict a Clinton win? sure, but that doesn't mean they were in the tank for Mrs. Clinton.

Clinton was given debate questions by CNN for goodness sake (one of many disgusting tactics used against Trump).

errrr...she was actually given the questions by Donna Brazille, who was promptly fired by CNN.

Obama campaigned for Hillary for several weeks.

i mean no disrespect, but you're getting unhinged here. what does President Obama campaigning for his former Sec of State to protect his legacy have to do with media complicity?

It's been a war by the whole of the establishment. Trump just began to fight back via tweeting - one of the few legal ways to do so.

some war.

the media reports what President Trump says and does, and its war.

lol.

- IGIT

last post for now, splendica, time to head out and run some errands,

the media never sided with Mrs. Clinton, lol. go look at Matt Lauer's interviews with both Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton. go read the President of CNN's lament that he went overboard with pro-Trump coverage on his own network.

did most of the pundits predict a Clinton win? sure, but that doesn't mean they were in the tank for Mrs. Clinton.

errrr...she was actually given the questions by Donna Brazille, who was promptly fired by CNN.

i mean no disrespect, but you're getting unhinged here. what does President Obama campaigning for his former Sec of State to protect his legacy have to do with media complicity?

some war.

the media reports what President Trump says and does, and its war.

lol.

- IGIT

It's been so long ago I forgot who gave Hillary the debate questions; it was on CNN. It was still corruption in Hillary's favor.

Regarding the rest of your post, forget it. I wasn't unhinged either for what it's worth.

The treatment of Trump has been thoroughly disgusting and one-sided for Hillary.

See ya.

Last edited:
hio splendica!

It's been so long ago I forgot who gave Hillary the debate questions; it was on CNN. It was still corruption in Hillary's favor.

it was an act that CNN did not approve of. apparently it happened so long ago that you've also forgotten the facts of the incident, my friend.

- IGIT

hio splendica!

it was an act that CNN did not approve of. apparently it happened so long ago that you've also forgotten the facts of the incident, my friend.

- IGIT

Seriously, don't bother narrating to me the injustice against Trump that I know happened. I don't care to be brainwashed into thinking in any way that a fair game has been played.

I watch CNN all the freaking time at the gym because it's on there. The channel is from the pit. Absolute lying filth.

Trump has it way worse as the whole establishment, MSM and shadowy world powers are completely against him. Obama, on the other hand, was their puppet and protected as such.

Obama betrayed the far left, the Bernie types, that went out in droves to vote for him; he waged war all over the globe, racked up a total body count of nearly a million and broke every promise he made to his base (sold out to wall street, waged wars, corporatized health care, divided the nation thru identity politics and bankrupt the DNC). Trump has not betrayed his base and is very obviously fighting the corruption that he promised to fight, hence the Russian witch hunt over nothing, as the corrupt establishment tries to obfuscate and distract from the CONTENT of the Wikileaks and how Wikileaks came into contact with the content from the DNC - hint hint, it was not Russian hackers but Seth Rich (confirmed by Sy Hersch) and was thus murdered for doing so.

I remember when Obama was attacked for being unpresidential because he wore a brown suit. Now Trump basically acts like a middle schooler, and the same people doing the attacking then line up to dishonor themselves by defending him.

It’s simple really I don’t fall over myself to defend Trump he says dumb shit....there’s no question. Yet the lead up to and the months after his election have completely changed my mind on certain topics and has outed a lot of crazy which I never thought existed...that at least I give him credit for. Look at all these threads, Trump has a way of getting people to come out with their true feelings. I don’t think anyone can say the same about obama

I remember when Obama was attacked for being unpresidential because he wore a brown suit. Now Trump basically acts like a middle schooler, and the same people doing the attacking then line up to dishonor themselves by defending him.
lol
People like you went apeshit over Trump getting an extra scoop of ice cream. OH THE HORROR!!!

But how "attacked" was he for that really? Was it Melania-level Christmas-decorating level of attack? Or was it, "brown suits aren't all that presidential?" Did he survive?

This may be true but I'm more concerned with how Trump has a defense force that regularly tries to deflect, defend, spin, etc.

You didn't really see that when Obama was being criticized. Not the way we do for Trump

Obama did have a defense force. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, NPR etc. Trump's defense force is what? FOX and some anonymous posters on the internet?

It's like when people accuse Trump's supporters of being a cult. How lacking in self awareness does an Obama supporter have to be to say such things?

hello splendica, good to meet you,

if President Obama tweeted 1/10th of things that Mr. Trump has, or if his campaign advisors in up to their necks with Russia, i'm very, very curious to see how the reporting from CNN would have played out.

i mean, lets think about this;

there's a live recording of Mr. Obama saying that, due his rock superstardom among democrats, he can just "grab'm by the pussy" if he's so inclined.

i wonder how that would have played out in 2007?

hmmm.

lol.

- IGIT

LOL! That would totally have ended his career. Likewise if he'd been shown to have laundered money and paid a seven-figure fine. Shit, no way would Obama have gotten where he was if he even had kids with three mothers. If he'd said that the FBI should be investigating McCain, he would have been impeached. Etc. Every day Trump gets away with shit that would have ended Obama's career. It's mindblowing that some people are so brainwashed that they think the MSM is biased against Trump.

It's not really even a matter of R vs D here.

We can just say the most immature victim card playing among us do the same thing they complain about whenever the shoe is on the other foot.

Shit personalities make for shit posting. No reason to make a whole side wear it.

But how "attacked" was he for that really? Was it Melania-level Christmas-decorating level of attack? Or was it, "brown suits aren't all that presidential?" Did he survive?

He survived, but it was in the news for a whole cycle. It was given more attention than Trump trying to direct the FBI through Twitter. Obama knew he had to be 100% clean as a whistle or he'd be roasted, and he was, but he was still treated horribly.

Back