Report: Stipe Miocic vs Cain Velasquez being targeted for UFC 216

Cain vs Reem was an obvious fight to make... and Werdum vs JDS/Ngannou winner

If they aren't idiots they'll have Reem on the same card as backup.

I hope to god Stipe wins this. Cain is a great fighter but having someone that prone to injuries as a champ again would be a disaster for the HW division.

Also they should have a back-up on the same card.

I'd really prefer Cain to just retire.

Does he have any hype around his name anymore?

original.jpg

I actually really like Cain but I hope Stip smashes him

Truly historic fight. First ever 3time hw champ or title defense record breaker. Winner is HW GOAT.

Show some respect you fruits.

Fucking stupid. How does Cain deserve this? He's ruined countless fights by pulling out and only fights once every two years. Why do they want him as champ so badly still?

Stipe is gonna beat Cain's ass and everyone will just say Cain is past his prime and Stipe isn't all that good cause that's the trend around here

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc-...-cain-velasquez-title-fight-targeted-ufc-216/

I never knew how much I wanted to see this until now.....don't you dare pull out Cain

This also means that the winner of this fight will probably fight Ngannou if he gets by JDS

OH YES BABY

I really do not understand how Cain gets the title shot.
His last fight was last year, and a win over Browne which should not count for much these days...
Beyond that, he lost to Werdum, and beyond that he didn't fight for two years...

I think AO should have gotten the nod....

It says something about how ghastly the state of the heavyweight division is that this fight makes any kind of sense.

I mean sure, Cain hasn't earned it, but if not him, then who?

Yea, give a title shot to the most injury prone fighter on the roster whose only win since 2013 is Travis Browne (whose lost 4 straight).

1 win in 4 years= title shot?

What a joke.

I thought that surely this couldn't be right. It couldn't have been that long. Looked it up, and now my mind is blown. What a shame. I don't know if it's just genetics or shitty training practices at AKA, but damn, hard to think of a more promising career that just disappeared.

I thought that surely this couldn't be right. It couldn't have been that long. Looked it up, and now my mind is blown. What a shame. I don't know if it's just genetics or shitty training practices at AKA, but damn, hard to think of a more promising career that just disappeared.

I mean he will always be remembered as having been a UFC champ.

But he will never be in the GOAT discussion long term due to his poor body of work, because he just did not fght enough.

Good fight. Stipe clears out the division with this one.

They should have someone on stand by n have a interim title ready just in case

Back