Report: Stipe Miocic vs Cain Velasquez being targeted for UFC 216

Even if Cain wins he will probably hold up the division again for a couple years and since most of the top HW's are old AF we can't really afford for that to happen.

I want to see it though and don't have much of an issue with Cain being gifted a shot.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc-...-cain-velasquez-title-fight-targeted-ufc-216/

I never knew how much I wanted to see this until now.....don't you dare pull out Cain

This also means that the winner of this fight will probably fight Ngannou if he gets by JDS

OH YES BABY

Friends1.gif

Even if Cain wins he will probably hold up the division again for a couple years and since most of the top HW's are old AF we can't really afford for that to happen.

I want to see it though and don't have much of an issue with Cain being gifted a shot.
Pish, Cain fights (even though rare) are bloody spectacles ! which will be remembered years to come.

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzin

tumblr_oa3il2KhZE1upwz95o1_400.gif

Thing is, if Stipe starches Cain, I bet he still won't make peoples top 5 HW's of all time..they will say Cain hasn't been the same fighter since before the Werdum fight due to injuries etc.

If Stipe gets a dominant win over Cain I'd probably have him over Fedor at this point (in terms of resume, still think a prime Fedor is the GOAT in terms of skillset)

Werdum - Reem - JDS - Cain would be the best streak in MMA history for me

UFC would be silly to put Cain in a main event with a PPV resting on his shoulders.

Saying that, if the Cain shows up that fought at UFC 200 it's going to be a crazy fight.

Ahhh... the most underserving HW who just keeps getting title shots.... makes sense.

just gonna assume that cain will get hurt again and the fight wont happen.

I used to not want to see Cain back in the picture due to injuries, but I just don't care any more. Belts have been proven to mean a lot less and I'm just hear for the fights. We all thought once the Cain reign was over that the division would be far better, but that really hasn't been the case. Yea the belt is getting defended more, but after seeing Reem/Werdum 3 who is hyped to see that?

Listen chances are Cain isn't gonna win and the UFC is smart enough to book Overeem on the same card against a Tybura/Oleinik type just in case (doubt Reem says no to that easy 800k payday). But it's a fresh fight and Ngannou is not quite ready.

he has fought 3 times in the last 4 years....Terrible comeback fight.

Cain will make it to the fight

This has been the fight to make the whole time, it's what the fans want to see

UFC GOAT belt is on the line here, hard fight to call

Big fan of both guys.. Both are class acts. I'm leaning toward Stipe, but I could be wrong

Here is to hoping it happens

Ok. Sherfolks: help me out with this.

Amanda Nunes pulls out of one fight and she gets the "never headline another show" tag. Even after she main events two of the biggest UFC shows ever. She implicitly called a "coward" by the UFC's CEO.

But Mr. Cain Velasquez may receive a title shot (since it's HW, a main event spot). This is after fighting only twice in 4 years and pulling out more times than something that pulls out a lot.

Dat Mexican money

I don't know what they're thinking. What if Cain becomes champ? Then we have a division with a guy that never fights.. nothing good can come from this.
Cain could go do a boxing match and tie things up for a year or so.

Not a good fight for Cain as his first fight since the layoff. He needs a tune-up fight. He can most certainly beat Stipe if he's ready, though.

Back