SBBC Thread: Lumi and RR bury the hatchet?

What will the outcome of Lumi and RR's meet up be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
also, why isn't it the boston patriots? I realize they're in Foxboro, but so what...the chargers play in Oxnard, Pistons in Auburn Hill, etc...

They don't call them the NE Celtics, or Bruins (although there was the Hartford whalers prior, so that makes sense), or Red Sox

why does the whole region get a football team, and why is it the only football team for a whole region?
Golden State?

youre not gonna put a team in Connecticut/Maine/New Hampshire/Rhode Island/Vermont, although I am sure all those people are Paaaaay-tree-ats fans.
CT gets split between Boston fans and NY fans.

I saw the same exact thing happen in college, but in regards to NorCal people

come down to SDSU/SD area, have a NorCal cursive sticker on their car, say 'hella' every four seconds, love the niners/raiders, etc...

six months later, 'weather and women are too good down here', hella is used less frequently, the BART is stopped being mentioned, etc...

like clockwork

What are the 70's?

All I know is most Boston transplants I know (and this is all in the last 5-10 years) they start out as big time Boston lovers... those proud roots on display and then over the course of a few years... it's clear that they'll never go back.

This whole SoCal thing creeps up on you... and when you return to where ever you came from you're like, fuuucccckkk this shit blows.

Tends to hit Bostoner's harder than most.

Most of the time they keep their sports loyalties tho.

Bill Simmons is one of my favorite examples of this btw... when he first moved here he had every gripe in the world about it, now he's come to terms with his love affair and returning to Boston seems laughable.
Same thing happens to the Bostonians here in Florida

Golden State?
well there's teams named for a state (Angels forever, Panthers, Titans/oilers, etc...)

but not a multistate region

besides GS is just really the Oakland/SF Warriors

well there's teams named for a state (Angels forever, Panthers, Titans/oilers, etc...)

Yeah and no one in SF gave a fuck about them until they got good.

Probably about 10 to 15 times since I was a kid. I have family that live in Reading, Mass - plus our last company annual event was held at the convention center by the waterfront. Just found a lot of people to be rude and impatient in a lot of the local shops that I go into it. Even more so than when I go into NY (admittedly I don't spend much time in Brooklyn or Queens though).

I guess it really stands out in my mind because one of the visits, I went to Philly right afterward and found everyone to be really friendly. It's all anecdotal, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to judge the cities on other than my personal experience.

Were you at the Seaport (all new development) or the Sheraton at the Warf? THe Hines convention ctr is not close to the water. It's by The Prudential ctr in Copley square (my area).

Lol. Your life sucks dick dude. Seriously. I'd probably take my own life if I was you. Post the pm's and get back to me. You can post mine too. Like I said let's go ahead and talk. I let you make iit

Oh, free pass for both of who each other are. Let's post. I don't give a shit if people know who I am. Bet you care though

lmao.

I don't REALLY care... it's unnecessary ammo as it would be for anyone really.

I don't think the PM's have anything in them other than you apparently have a glamorous job that affords you some nice perks and I (and most people) don't.

But ok, lol... my life sucks.

Yeah and no one in SF gave a fuck about them until they got good.
You can say the same about the Pats. They were on the verge of moving until Kraft bought them.

Pretty sure the Golden State is larger, with more people, than all of NE.

Same thing happens to the Bostonians here in Florida

This^^^ I believe. Florida yes. There just are not that many Bostonians in California. I'm pretty sure I know both - LOL. And neither are from Boston, They are both from working class places in central Mass.

This^^^ I believe. Florida yes. There just are that many Bostonians in California. I'm pretty sure I know both - LOL. And neither are from Boston, They are both from working class places in central Mass.

This is true, I'm mainly going by sports fans. Most of the people I know that are from Mass are from small towns like Taunton, so you're probably right.

Were you at the Seaport (all new development) or the Sheraton at the Warf? THe Hines convention ctr is not close to the water. It's by The Prudential ctr in Copley square (my area).

I was a BCEC and honestly people were fine. My experiences as a kid probably color my opinion now. Everyone acts the same at corporate events no matter where you are.

And as far as the OP, I think we should just keep personal info out of bantering for the most part.

If I call someone on here a loser, I'm not saying you're literally useless piece of shit with a terrible job and are the scum of the earth.

I'm simply talking shit on a karate forum

I was a BCEC and honestly people were fine. My experiences as a kid probably color my opinion now. Everyone acts the same at corporate events no matter where you are.

Oh ok, the Seaport. THat was all very shitty not that long ago. I mean very shitty. Completely gentrified, GE is moving their corporate headquarters there from Fairfield, Ct.

Boston used to really suck. My mother dragged me to a conference there when I was a kid --- back when the "war zone" really was a war zone.

And as far as the OP, I think we should just keep personal info out of bantering for the most part.

If I call someone on here a loser, I'm not saying you're literally useless piece of shit with a terrible job and are the scum of the earth.

I'm simply talking shit on a karate forum

Hahaha..I agree. I actually had a situation on here years ago where dudes that I apparently pissed off started stalking me on facebook and shit. Ever since then, I've been really careful on who I share my personal info with. I think only Canrona has seen a pic of me from here.

lmao.

I don't REALLY care... it's unnecessary ammo as it would be for anyone really.

I don't think the PM's have anything in them other than you apparently have a glamorous job that affords you some nice perks and I (and most people) don't.

But ok, lol... my life sucks.

Then don't talk shit dude. I will let it go. Who cares about my job?

Wow, I have a great fucking job and chill with athletes. Nobody should care whatsoever. They are normal people like you and I. I post with you on an internet message board. Stop trying to act important.

It's funny . Keep it real dude

Oh ok, the Seaport. THat was all very shitty not that long ago. I mean very shitty. Completely gentrified, GE is moving their corporate headquarters there from Fairfield, Ct.

Boston used to really suck. My mother dragged me to a conference there when I was a kid --- back when the "war zone" really was a war zone.

Yeah, I mean I've never seen anything there as far as ghetto that I wouldn't see in the wrong parts of LA. That's not what I'm talking about. It's more the attitude of some of the locals toward outsiders. It doesn't feel like a very welcoming city.

I remember years ago I went to visit a friend who was going to BU and some douchebag at a party started a fight with him because he said he was born in Pasadena. Only time I've ever thai clinched someone outside of the gym. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back