Sherdog Strongman Discussion V2

Another big win for Hooper, very impressive once again. Also very impressed by Lucas Hatton, he has a huge future in front of him. If I'm not mistaken rikwebb was there live, so definitely looking forward to hear about the experience.

Reactions: PEB
Another big win for Hooper, very impressive once again. Also very impressed by Lucas Hatton, he has a huge future in front of him. If I'm not mistaken rikwebb was there live, so definitely looking forward to hear about the experience.

Hooper's rise has been something amazing. I remember not too long ago I the first I saw of him was just as some random guy being posted almost sprinting with a 1000lb yoke. I thought that's very impressive but can he do anything else? Guess that's been well and truly answered

Hooper's rise has been something amazing. I remember not too long ago I the first I saw of him was just as some random guy being posted almost sprinting with a 1000lb yoke. I thought that's very impressive but can he do anything else? Guess that's been well and truly answered
Yeah no kidding! Looking forward to WSM this year to see if he can go back to back in that too.

No not this one unfortunately i have tickets for the Log Lift championships but Mitch will be appearing at that one along with Biby , Singleton and Novikov, think there's still a couple of spots left to be announced for it too

No not this one unfortunately i have tickets for the Log Lift championships but Mitch will be appearing at that one along with Biby , Singleton and Novikov, think there's still a couple of spots left to be announced for it too

Have you been to an event before? I've moved to the UK for a couple of years and want to attend an event just haven't decided which one yet

Have you been to an event before? I've moved to the UK for a couple of years and want to attend an event just haven't decided which one yet

No its my first one so i decided to grab the silver VIP tickets for it, Birmingham is only 30mins away from where i live so it was a no brainer, any shows close to where you currently live? I also managed to get a couple of tickets for the next IPF Sheffield Show in January

No its my first one so i decided to grab the silver VIP tickets for it, Birmingham is only 30mins away from where i live so it was a no brainer, any shows close to where you currently live? I also managed to get a couple of tickets for the next IPF Sheffield Show in January

Im in london so considering the royal albert hall one but could travel easily enough if needed. Will be interesting to hear how you find it

Im in london so considering the royal albert hall one but could travel easily enough if needed. Will be interesting to hear how you find it

Yeah good thing they are in the normal big Major cities. The Royal Albert Hall one has got to be special with the legacy the venue has.

But I'll definitely post impressions post event, will be interesting to see who we get access to for the meet and greet after. Could be everyone but Gold VIP get first dibs.

Looks like Mateusz is out of worlds with an Achilles injury

Quick google translation
I wish this was an April Fool's joke, but unfortunately it isn't.
In the current situation, I have to resign from participating in the European and World Championships.
During my last training session, I injured my Achilles tendon.
I don't know if it is complete or partial damage.
I am able to walk on my own but it is painful.
Anyway, unfortunately, I am eliminated from training and performances for some time.
I will have an appointment with my doctor soon and we will decide what to do next.

There is no point in feeling sorry for all this, because I chose this path myself and I am aware that injuries and health problems are part of this sport at this level.
I have already experienced many problems, surgeries and treatments and I think this is not a reason for me to stop.
After each surgery, I quickly returned to the top of the world.
I have very good people and relatives around me who support me. There are also the best doctors whom I trust 100% and I know that it is only a matter of a few months to get back to full fitness.

To all those whom I have disappointed - I am SORRY.
I regret this very much because I know that many fans were waiting for these performances.
There were times in the past when you won competitions with an injury or even with only one hand... But in this case, unfortunately, it is not possible.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and I wish you all the best!

Looks like Mateusz is out of worlds with an Achilles injury

Quick google translation

Sad to say it but I think he's never going to get his big title win, his body cant seem to handle the pressure of training anymore.

There is now also Hooper who is like Mateuz without the weaknesses

Martins is now out as well , clear Hooper easily the clear favorite again , expect Tom to bounce back and try to reclaim it . I like the trendy pick of Kardiyaka being a dark horse.

Martins is now out as well , clear Hooper easily the clear favorite again , expect Tom to bounce back and try to reclaim it . I like the trendy pick of Kardiyaka being a dark horse.
I love Martins “Strength Unknown” series. But here is his video explaining his not competing.

Any predictions for Europes this weekend?

Lineup:

Shane Flowers (UK)
Pavlo Kordiyaka (Ukraine) — Reigning Champion
Luke Stoltman (UK) — 2021 ESM Champion
Aivars Šmaukstelis (Latvia)
Gavin Bilton (UK)
Oleksii Novikov (Ukraine) — 2022 ESM Champion
Rauno Heinla (Estonia)
Ondřej Fojitů (Czech Republic)
Nicolas Cambi (Italy)
Fredrik Johansson (Sweden)
Pa O’Dwyer

I think it's gonna be close, I think the Podium will be made up of Pavlo, Luke and Oleksii but not sure what order

Any predictions for Europes this weekend?

Lineup:

Shane Flowers (UK)
Pavlo Kordiyaka (Ukraine) — Reigning Champion
Luke Stoltman (UK) — 2021 ESM Champion
Aivars Šmaukstelis (Latvia)
Gavin Bilton (UK)
Oleksii Novikov (Ukraine) — 2022 ESM Champion
Rauno Heinla (Estonia)
Ondřej Fojitů (Czech Republic)
Nicolas Cambi (Italy)
Fredrik Johansson (Sweden)
Pa O’Dwyer

I think it's gonna be close, I think the Podium will be made up of Pavlo, Luke and Oleksii but not sure what order

Pavlo might be rounding out into his most impressive form yet , Novikov always solid and Luke is probably the gateway to the Podium for most of the competitiors

Pavlo might be rounding out into his most impressive form yet , Novikov always solid and Luke is probably the gateway to the Podium for most of the competitiors

Just seen supposedly Novikov is dealing with a bicep injury but is still competing

Back