Stipe: "He hasn’t fought anyone like me yet."

Yeah and Hunt offered no resistanst. He took Francis down at will and look just as gassed as him. JDS shit on everything he attempted grappling and he was near death at the end of that fight. The Struve fight was a long time ago and I don't remember all the details but if in not mistaken he looked gassed before he went to sleep in that one. DC and Cain have pushed each other to the brink of exhaustion grappling with each other for years now. Stipe is not winning a war of attrition with DC.
And it shouldn't be his gameplan... just worth keeping in mind that stipe isn't necessarily going to gas any time a fight goes long.

Smaller, lesser wrestlers (Gus, Jones, Nelson, Mir) all did half decent or better than decent neutralizing most of DC's takedowns and top control.

stipe didn't lose a second of the Ngannou fight, was far more skilled than Ngannou in every position. Wasn't a ton to learn except that Stipe is just as good if not better than we thought

This is true, people always feel uncomfortable sharing the cage with a Stipe.

Stipe is 100% correct. Better boxing than anyone D.C. has seen, better power and better wrestling than just about everyone else too.

I doubt Stipe has more KO power than Rumble. Rumble also had good wrestling.

I got Stipe in this fight, I don' see Cormiers chin holding up

Stipe vs Neanderthal Cain (JDS3) is the match I want to see

I doubt Stipe has more KO power than Rumble. Rumble also had good wrestling.
At HW he went the distance with Arlovski . No doubt he has massive power but the 80 inch reach stipe has is a huge factor as well. That reach with the boxing and power will be difficult for dc. DC takes a punch to give a punch.

That style will get him put to sleep

At HW he went the distance with Arlovski . No doubt he has massive power but the 80 inch reach stipe has is a huge factor as well. That reach with the boxing and power will be difficult for dc. DC takes a punch to give a punch.

That style will get him put to sleep

I don’t think DC will want to stand and bang with Stipe. I think he’ll want to wall-n-stall and TD and GnP.

Stipe has better wrestling than people give him credit for and DC won't be able to ragdoll him like he has many, including Barnett.

Stipe is pretty good on his feet. Dude is super confident like the one guy who beat DC.

I’m curious, why won’t he be able to rag doll Stipe like all the others?
I think DC has beat the best except for that cheater. Stipe will be humbled by DC’s greatness.

I don’t think DC will want to stand and bang with Stipe. I think he’ll want to wall-n-stall and TD and GnP.
Yea, but I feel stipe is too big and strong to be controlled like that. We’ll see

What is Stipe talking about?

He hasn't fought anyone like Stipe yet???? You mean a fighter with good boxing but not a well-rounded striking game like an Anderson or GSP (few kicks if any), doesn't have proven 1 punch KO power, yes, he KO'd a charging Werdum who's momentum helped KO him but he hasn't gotten any other 1 punch KO's and doesn't have a proven track record of 1 punch KO power like a Hunt or Hendo, is a good wrestler but doesn't have a deadly ground game like Maia or Ortega.

Stipe is basically a HW Forest Griffin a fighter who is well-rounded but is not lethal striker or ground fighter.

People respect Stipe's power but they don't fear his stand up game like they would Hunt or Carwin and they don't fear his ground game like they would a Mir or Werdum.

Stipe wins by out-striking his opponents and finishing them with a flurry of punches or a decision victory. He isn't out there 1 punch KOing his opponents like a Hunt or submitting them like Werdum.

So yes, I think DC has fought someone like Stipe before.

DC has fought the likes of Anthony Johnson twice (whom I think would beat Stipe), Anderson Silva, Bigfoot Silva, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, Josh Barnett, Dan Henderson, and others, so yes, I think DC has not only fought people like Stipe before, he's fought far more lethal opponents. Stipe is a jack of all trades master of none.

I don't care who wins in DC vs. Stipe, but I believe DC will win it.

Looking at DC's record, who has he fought like stipe? I dont see a single fighter on his record who offers the same challenge. Not that I dont think DC can win, just curious

Cormier is going to beat Stipe, I think. Stipe is very good, obviously, but the HW division is not exactly the deepest one either.

What is Stipe talking about?

He hasn't fought anyone like Stipe yet???? You mean a fighter with good boxing but not a well-rounded striking game like an Anderson or GSP (few kicks if any), doesn't have proven 1 punch KO power, yes, he KO'd a charging Werdum who's momentum helped KO him but he hasn't gotten any other 1 punch KO's and doesn't have a proven track record of 1 punch KO power like a Hunt or Hendo, is a good wrestler but doesn't have a deadly ground game like Maia or Ortega.

Stipe is basically a HW Forest Griffin a fighter who is well-rounded but is not lethal striker or ground fighter.

People respect Stipe's power but they don't fear his stand up game like they would Hunt or Carwin and they don't fear his ground game like they would a Mir or Werdum.

Stipe wins by out-striking his opponents and finishing them with a flurry of punches or a decision victory. He isn't out there 1 punch KOing his opponents like a Hunt or submitting them like Werdum.

So yes, I think DC has fought someone like Stipe before.

DC has fought the likes of Anthony Johnson twice (whom I think would beat Stipe), Anderson Silva, Bigfoot Silva, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, Josh Barnett, Dan Henderson, and others, so yes, I think DC has not only fought people like Stipe before, he's fought far more lethal opponents. Stipe is a jack of all trades master of none.

I don't care who wins in DC vs. Stipe, but I believe DC will win it.

Wtf are you talking about, Stipe is nothing like Forrest Griffin and yes he does have one punch ko power

Cormier was legit at Heavyweight... But Stipe is being considered a future GOAT... If you don't watch every UFC make sure not to miss this one. #SUPER-FIGHT!!! This should be exciting until the end.

We'll see if he's future GOAT.

Cain was supposed to be the future GOAT too......although Cain's idiotic self-inflicted injury of being too stupid to lift weights properly ruined his career.

I'd also put a prime Cain over prime Stipe.

@Final Say is going to be here soon and he's going to be pissed off.
lmao Pretty sure Final Say either IS Stipe or is related to him some how. He was on that train before anybody knew who the hell this guy was.

On topic though, toss up fight for me, leaning slightly towards stipe. If DC can get the combination of strength and speed he used to have at HW back, it will be a hell of a fight.

Going with Stipe just because he's already KOed half of the top 10.

Would not surprise me if DC pulled out the win though.

He ko fighter all passed their primes.

If you think Stipe is the Heavyweight Forrest just stop watching fights please.

It's true. He's not like Barnett they are just both big white guys. Don't be raciss

Back