Stipe is a worker: he's the HW equivalent of Bisping and Forrest Griffin

I don't really enjoy Stipe's fights because he's a worker, he's not a lethal striker with 1 punch KO power or an elite ground game that is dangerous. He wins by using solid striking and having great cardio, normally he wears his opponents down and gets the finish unless you run at him with hands down chin out like Werdum or have a glass chin like Overeem. Sure at HW anyone can knock out anyone but Stipe just doesn't have the 1 punch KO power like a Hunt or Big Country or the quick submission game like Frank Mir. It's always exciting watching a fighter who can end the fight in a second. Usually with Stipe it's not that exciting, you see it coming because his opponent is worn down which happens sooner at HW than other weights normally. I said the same thing about Bisping before he fought GSP, that he was the perfect opponent for GSP, a fighter who wasn't a threat striking or on the ground, and we saw how that went.

Like Stipe, Bisping, and Forrest Griffin are/were the same way, not lethal in the striking or ground area so they'd just wear their opponent down with their solid fundamental striking and great cardio and eventually get the TKO or submission. They all also have very good TD defense or had the ability to get up so that they weren't on the ground much.

With Stipe fighitng Francis Ngannou, Stipe's best chance is to avoid France's vicious 1 punch KO power and use his better striking to wear Francis down and open him up. Eventually Stipe could wear him down or catch him, stun him, and finish him by TKO......but Stipe tends to not have the best striking defense and has been dropped in a few of his fights, against France's he'll be finished.

How do I see Stipe vs. Ngannou going?.......I see Stipe doing well in the first, keeping Ngannou at bay and looking like he's going to win until Ngannou catches Stipe with a big one and drops him and then finishes with GnP punches for the KO/TKO.
Like him or not, u cant reasonably compare him to BS-Ping...

Now Sergei...

you are reading yet another shit post from ts.

i dont understand how stipe gets so little respect around here.

Not disrespecting him, just saying that he doesn't have proven lethal 1 punch KO power or a lethal ground game like Bisping and Forrest.

And that Ngannou will probably KO/TKO him.

I don't really enjoy Stipe's fights because he's a worker, he's not a lethal striker with 1 punch KO power or an elite ground game that is dangerous. He wins by using solid striking and having great cardio, normally he wears his opponents down and gets the finish unless you run at him with hands down chin out like Werdum or have a glass chin like Overeem. Sure at HW anyone can knock out anyone but Stipe just doesn't have the 1 punch KO power like a Hunt or Big Country or the quick submission game like Frank Mir. It's always exciting watching a fighter who can end the fight in a second. Usually with Stipe it's not that exciting, you see it coming because his opponent is worn down which happens sooner at HW than other weights normally. I said the same thing about Bisping before he fought GSP, that he was the perfect opponent for GSP, a fighter who wasn't a threat striking or on the ground, and we saw how that went.

Like Stipe, Bisping, and Forrest Griffin are/were the same way, not lethal in the striking or ground area so they'd just wear their opponent down with their solid fundamental striking and great cardio and eventually get the TKO or submission. They all also have very good TD defense or had the ability to get up so that they weren't on the ground much.

With Stipe fighitng Francis Ngannou, Stipe's best chance is to avoid France's vicious 1 punch KO power and use his better striking to wear Francis down and open him up. Eventually Stipe could wear him down or catch him, stun him, and finish him by TKO......but Stipe tends to not have the best striking defense and has been dropped in a few of his fights, against France's he'll be finished.

How do I see Stipe vs. Ngannou going?.......I see Stipe doing well in the first, keeping Ngannou at bay and looking like he's going to win until Ngannou catches Stipe with a big one and drops him and then finishes with GnP punches for the KO/TKO.
Total insult to Stipe to compare him to those two. Much more skilled fighter with a truckload more power. Four straight first round finishes.

you are reading yet another shit post from ts.

i dont understand how stipe gets so little respect around here.

He's not explosive and athletic...

Stipe is a bad ass and a dope guy outside of the cage, still holding a job as a fireman. He's always upbeat, engaging and happy. And he knocks guys the fuck out!

He should be insanely popular. Could he lose to Francis? Of course. Guys that big hit hard. Any of them could KO each other.

I don't understand it either, really.

Francis is a class act & Stipe is a real scrappy workhorse/ deceptively fast on his feet.

Who?????

250lbs. Werdum who was charging at him with his hands down and chin out? lol

Or Arlovski and Overeem's who's chins have been gone forever.
And Francis knocks out who exactly?

He has almost nothing in common with Griffin aside from the fact that they're both Americans with white skin. He doesn't really have much in common with Bisping, either, aside from the fact that they both prefer to box on the feet and have good stamina for their divisions. Bizarre thread. He might be fighting a lot of older fighters who have seen better days, but he's smashing them all in the first round and that's plenty impressive.

To be fair, from the right angle he looks like Bisping's bigger, younger brother as well.

Since he only has 1 submission....by leg kick.....then I'd say no, he doesn't. lol.

What are you talking about? His record doesn't lie.

GNP is a massive part of the ground game.

Not disrespecting him, just saying that he doesn't have proven lethal 1 punch KO power or a lethal ground game like Bisping and Forrest.

And that Ngannou will probably KO/TKO him.

you are compounding the shitty with more shitty.

Who?????

250lbs. Werdum who was charging at him with his hands down and chin out? lol

Or Arlovski and Overeem's who's chins have been gone forever.

Werdum and JDS. Both solid right hands, finished both of them with 1 punch basically.

Yeah Werdum was charging at him like a rank amateur, but still, it's not like people are routinely knocking Werdum out with 1 shot is it?

Stipe used his solid amateur level boxing to pick Werdum off, and land that right hand against JDS. Punching power is no good if you can't land.

He might not have the freakish raw power than Ngannou has, Stipe knows how to land clean and has MUCH better technique.

To be fair, from the right angle he looks like Bisping's bigger, younger brother as well.

GNP is a massive part of the ground game.

Sure GnP is important, but that takes a few punches, he doesn't have a lethal submission game where he's gonna throw on a leg lock and end it in a second.

Nothing against Stipe, seems like a nice humble guy and friendly, I'm just talking about his fighting style.

You mean he's white?!

#triggered

That's actually the only similarity between those guys. Stipe has clearly demonstrated devastating power. He also has some of the best striking techinque in the history of the division and is an amazing wrestler.

There's really no comparison between him and guys like Forrest and Bisping, who are "jack of all trades, but master of none" type of fighters.

This is one of the most ridiculous threads that I've seen here this weekend.

See the OP where I said that it helps when Werdum, a 250lbs. HW charges Stipe face first with his chin out and his hands down. Werdum's momentum combined with Stipe's punch is what KO'd him. And one 1 punch KO doesn't mean a fighter is a known KO artist.

And the KO/TKO's of Overeem and Arlovski.....both fighters with known glass chins long before they fought Stipe.

Ok, fair enough. I see your point.

Stipe is hardworking and Francis is explosive.

<{vega}>

More powerful and explosive than ngannou.....but he restrains himself and doesnt throw the loopy and sloppy bombs

.....i should know as ive seen his college wrestling and ammy boxing matches....definately stronger than him too

nCANnou is in big trouble against stipe

Dude ktfo reem in full guard with a punch from about three inches away....look how much nCANnou winds up and windmills his shots to get that kind of power
<36>

Stripes got some of the most technical and devastating boxing at HW. I didn't like him during the gonzaga & hunt fight but hes improved a lot and definitely has one punch ko power

Back