Stipe is a worker: he's the HW equivalent of Bisping and Forrest Griffin

So if Stipe beats Ngannou by a spectacular KO will TS completely retract this entire thread? If you've watched Stipe's fights you know it could happen.

K1 kickboxer aside, merely qualifying for the National Golden Gloves by winning a local tournament in Cleveland and then getting washed by a guy who had been boxing for less than two years (Bryant Jennings, although, Jennings did develop into a decent pro as he got more experience) is a little different from being an Olympic wrestler or ADCC gold medalist. Don't get me wrong, Stipe's boxing experience is very relevant and very clearly shows, but merely qualifying for the National Golden Gloves is nowhere near being an Olympian or winning ADCC.
I have no idea what level Stipe got to tbh. The post I responded to said "Lol at mentioning his golden gloves" which I took as disdain for Golden Gloves period. If Stipe didn't win an actual Golden Glove award that's a different story.

Also he replied with "this no but arent golden gloves kind of common compared to the last 2 you mentioned?"

So if Stipe beats Ngannou by a spectacular KO will TS completely retract this entire thread? If you've watched Stipe's fights you know it could happen.
No. The goal posts will simply move back to Cain. Stipe doesn't look intimidating, so he's not a great fighter. #shertardlogic

So TS is basically just saying Stipe doesnt have power like Ngannou.
<{CMPALM}>

So TS is basically just saying Stipe doesnt have power like Ngannou.
<{CMPALM}>

No. That Stipe lacks proven 1 punch KO power and that he doesn't have a lethal submission game. Big difference.

His striking is extremely good but he doesn't have the scary power like Ngannou that you need to worry about or the submission ground game of say a Mir or Big Nog that you have to be worried about.

Finished his last few opponents in the first round..

Pretty lethal.

I don't really enjoy Stipe's fights because he's a worker, he's not a lethal striker with 1 punch KO power or an elite ground game that is dangerous. He wins by using solid striking and having great cardio, normally he wears his opponents down and gets the finish unless you run at him with hands down chin out like Werdum or have a glass chin like Overeem. Sure at HW anyone can knock out anyone but Stipe just doesn't have the 1 punch KO power like a Hunt or Big Country or the quick submission game like Frank Mir. It's always exciting watching a fighter who can end the fight in a second. Usually with Stipe it's not that exciting, you see it coming because his opponent is worn down which happens sooner at HW than other weights normally. I said the same thing about Bisping before he fought GSP, that he was the perfect opponent for GSP, a fighter who wasn't a threat striking or on the ground, and we saw how that went.

Like Stipe, Bisping, and Forrest Griffin are/were the same way, not lethal in the striking or ground area so they'd just wear their opponent down with their solid fundamental striking and great cardio and eventually get the TKO or submission. They all also have very good TD defense or had the ability to get up so that they weren't on the ground much.

With Stipe fighitng Francis Ngannou, Stipe's best chance is to avoid France's vicious 1 punch KO power and use his better striking to wear Francis down and open him up. Eventually Stipe could wear him down or catch him, stun him, and finish him by TKO......but Stipe tends to not have the best striking defense and has been dropped in a few of his fights, against France's he'll be finished.

How do I see Stipe vs. Ngannou going?.......I see Stipe doing well in the first, keeping Ngannou at bay and looking like he's going to win until Ngannou catches Stipe with a big one and drops him and then finishes with GnP punches for the KO/TKO.

So lets me get this straight....in his last 4 fights he's got 4 first round finishes.......its taken him a combined 10 mins to knock out JDS, Werdum, Overeem and Arlovski. Two of those were one punch knock outs and JDS went down from a big right hand. He knocked Maldanado out with the first shot he threw. Doesn't that contradict what you say???

You go out and say he doesnt have lethel KO power cause he KOs guys running at him or glass chins?? Why the stipulations?? In that case Nganou doesnt have KO power cause he KOd two guys with weak chins in Reem and Arlovski.

HIs hands are as lethal as it gets. He's got power and the fact he's got good technique and precision makes him even more lethal

Golden glove boxer with good wrestling who's champ and has won his last three by first round KO is a blue collar, workman like fighter in the vein of Forest Griffin?

What the fuck am I reading?

LooooL!! I can’t wait until Jan 20th. What will be the excuses after Stipe beats the new UFC hype job. I hope he clips FN the fuck out too like he did Werdum.

you are reading yet another shit post from ts.

i dont understand how stipe gets so little respect around here.

I think ts is trolling to get people to give Stipe respect actually.

See the OP where I said that it helps when Werdum, a 250lbs. HW charges Stipe face first with his chin out and his hands down. Werdum's momentum combined with Stipe's punch is what KO'd him. And one 1 punch KO doesn't mean a fighter is a known KO artist.

And the KO/TKO's of Overeem and Arlovski.....both fighters with known glass chins long before they fought Stipe.
hunt, jds and werdum couldn't crack reems chin tho….

More powerful and explosive than ngannou.....but he restrains himself and doesnt throw the loopy and sloppy bombs

.....i should know as ive seen his college wrestling and ammy boxing matches....definately stronger than him too

nCANnou is in big trouble against stipe

Dude ktfo reem in full guard with a punch from about three inches away....look how much nCANnou winds up and windmills his shots to get that kind of power
<36>

Stipe is clearly the harder working, more of a gym rat of a fighter. Ngannou is clearly more athletic and explosive.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/guss-weakness-athletic-and-explosive-fighters.3064345/

Back