Superfight idea

JTDarkseid

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Who thinks a superfight between Ilia Topuria and Sean O’Malley at 145 would be nice once Sean defends his title against Marlon Vera?

No more superfights. Everybdivision has contenders so fight and defend six times.

Except flyweight. Pantoja beat almost the entire top ten.

Last edited:
Maybe Sean needs to defend the title more than once before he moves up. Assuming he beats Chito

No more superhighway. Everybdivision has contenders so fight and defend six times.

Except flyweight. Pantoja beat almost the entire top ten.
Pantoja is too old for suprfights especially against a young champ like Sean. Lets get some new blood like Albazi or Mokaev then we can discuss potential superfights.

Right now.. O'Malley and all other champions.

If they are going to go up and stay up... Well if Dana wants to toss them a title bout.. Fine. The lower division has a vacant belt and nobody is being put on teh shelf to wait for...

But this doesn't even work really because if O'Malley goes up... He is facing a champ who has work to do just getting his first defense.

As long as the move is permanent... But it's still a case by case thing for me to get behind it.... But nobody is asking my opinion

Rather than having 2 popular guys keep winning & becoming bigger stars let's get one of them to knock the other out, I'm sure the UFC loves that idea. :eek:

O’Malley and Topuria are brand new champions that have plenty of guys in their own division to defend against. Every current champ should be at least 3+ title defenses away from even considering a superfight. Stop all this double champ nonsense.

Dumb move business wise.

UFC has been in a terrible period for quite some time and they lack stars. Makes no sense to have 2 surging champs fight and waste one of them

1. That's not a superfight.
2. That's a terrible idea.

Champ/champ fights should be limited to cases where the fighter changing weight-class has cleared out their division or a late replacement is needed to save a PPV card and that's the best option available.

Meh. O'Malley's got to get past Chito and Merab first and Topuria needs to win against Holloway and Evloev. Then, we can talk.

The only real super fight I'm interested in eventually is Edwards vs Islam. But they both have a bunch of other fighters to deal with in their own divisions before we can even consider that matchup.

At 5’11 I can’t help but think he’ll move up eventually but this probably isn’t the right time

Like the idea though if/when he does I hopes it’s against a striker

I'm thinking iff O'Malley can get through Vera, Merab and Umar Nurmagomedov, I'd be more intrigued.

People need to stop being lazy & trying to copy/paste the McGregor rise onto other fighters without accounting for the differences.

If Eddie Alvarez was actually "Eduardo Alvarez" from Spain the UFC would've been less likely to rush McGregor into a champ-champ fight.

Topuria becoming a massive star in Spain is bigger for the UFC than anything O'Malley can do, no reason for them to cross paths any time soon.

Two young champs with zero title defenses between them have no business fighting outside their own divisions challengers unless they vacate their titles to do so.

Fuck off with this double champ who hasn't EARNED it by cleaning out their division nonsense.

Back