Tell me about when you played through the pain!

Dislocated my finger playing basketball, called for a sub and the ref said I couldn't sub until there was a break in play. Said "have a look at my bloody finger!" and he allowed me to go off.

Also fractured my arm playing basketball, didn't go off straight away but tried to defend a guy down the other end and couldn't lift my arm. Went home and lit up some huge doobies so I could sleep, got up in the morning and went and got it xrayed, badass.

Played through a concussion in high school on the football field. Was blindsided and ktfo and had to be helped off the field. This was twenty years ago so all I had to do was tell the coaches I was fine and they let me back in the game. Played a couple of series on defense and was very dizzy but played through it somehow. Couldn't walk on my own getting to the locker room after the game and ended up in the ER.

Hiked 43 miles in the mountains in about 17 hours with a bad case of flared up plantar fasciitis back in October. I literally limped through the entire thing , my buddy was doing it with me and bailing because of a little ( ok more than a little ) pain didnt seem like a good option. In hindsight it was a very useful exercise in compartmentalizing and dealing with pain.

I did that, only it wasn’t because of any flared up plantar fasciitis. I had big holes in my shoes and walked for basically days because I was homeless at the time. I had the holes from doing all that walking. Having your feet press down on the pavement for that long.. fuck, it sucks. My feet were torn up bad. Since then I basically have numb spots on my feet because the wounds were that bad when they happened. This was months ago n my feet still look heavily calloused in certain spots (the areas my feet touched the pavement). I had to walk to slow. I was past limping. I probably looked like I needed a walker to everybody that drove by me. This pain is a complete joke compared to some other shit I’ve dealt with.

had a rib pop out and back in during a jiujitsu tournament after i got stacked trying to get a triangle. i let out a "fuck" that echoed through the entire complex. finished the match though and won on points.

Played Guard and Defensive End in High School Football. I caught a whiff of a fake pass / run up the middle and textbook wrapped up the RB. As he's falling backwards our useless left tackle hits the RB from behind at full speed sending us both in the opposite direction. More people came in on the tackle. I fell backwards and hyper-extended my right knee. My heel was pinned under my lower back with my foot pointing inward. Something popped, everyone in the pile heard it. I tore my MCL. Went to walk on it and my knee gave out. My buddies helped me limp off the field. My coach said "Rub some dirt on it, you're going in for punt return." and I played the rest of the game.

The other day i was playing fortnite and i was pretty drunk. Naturally i had to pee but there was only like 10 guys left so i gutted it out. That like 10 minutes was hell but i got the win and the piss was as good as sex.

I absolutely suck at Fortnite. I can't get more than 3-5 kills tops and usually end up with zero or 1 kill. It seems that any time I get a good load out and start doing well I have to piss like a race horse.

Broke my hand at basketball camp way back in the day. Thought I just jammed my fingers but found out it was broken about a month later. Pain was manageable most the time but sometimes that bone would pull apart when I was dribbling and it white lightning up my arm

Lots

1. Played through 2 concussions. (Hockey)
2. Played with a broken fibula. Hockey
3. Competed with a torn meniscus. Jiu Jitsu
4. Competed with Bursitis the size of a lacrossball on my elbow. Jiu Jitsu
5. Groin pulls galore. Jiu Jitsu
6. Broke my hand. Kept going. Hockey
7. Competed with genitofemoral nerve damage. Jiu jitsu

I got absolutely blasted in a football and was in an extreme amount of pain, but I knew if I complained about it I would be taken out for the rest of the game so I just kept my mouth shut and played on. It was brutal.

I've been with a few chicks who when going down on me, used too much teeth... I still let them go at it despite having fears jr. might fly off

Last edited:
Depends on the cuteness of the medic. I'm prone to groin strains.

I've been with a chicks who when going down on me, used too much teeth... I still let them go at it despite having fears jr. might fly off

You've got heart

Got KO'd by a headkick sparring a month out from my fight. My partners and I are morons and I sparred several more rounds after taking the next one off.

I absolutely suck at Fortnite. I can't get more than 3-5 kills tops and usually end up with zero or 1 kill. It seems that any time I get a good load out and start doing well I have to piss like a race horse.

Seems you gotta play a shitload to be good. I'm only decent, most people build a lot better than me.

Seems you gotta play a shitload to be good. I'm only decent, most people build a lot better than me.

I've found getting to the final 8 is not too difficult and building ain't necessary, you just gotta know what they're trying to do by building and play them.

I've found getting to the final 8 is not too difficult and building ain't necessary, you just gotta know what they're trying to do by building and play them.

Yeah I play with a few buddies that are actually good at building so I win pretty often in duos/squads but only won a few solos. Thing is I'm good at surviving and I'm good at shooting and I can build a wall up to pretty myself real fast but I can't build a big ass tower in 2 seconds like some people. That's means I'm effective early in solo but late I suck but in groups not everyone needs to be good at that stuff and I'm a good ally.

Rugby related- played a full game after dislocating my shoulder in the first line out, shoulder popped back in almost immediately. We were playing a British navy ship, I was playing prop, after the game the guy I played across from told me "I say you clenching your fist in every scrum down, thought you were going to punch me" told him "no, I was clenching my fist and tucking the arm in because I dislocated it in the first line out" he just gave me a strange look and walked away.
Kept playing after getting kicked in the chin when I was on the ground during a ruck, forgot my gum shield and it chipped my top two front teeth.
Really injured my knee in a game that I came out from but the next Saturday I basically taped it to the point I couldn't bend the knee and played since we were a person short.
Hockey related- kept playing after getting cross checked from behind into the boards about 5' from the boards which bent me to the point I thought the back of my head was going to touch my ankles, hurt like hell. I ended up sitting out two line shifts but then went back in.
Sprained knee, again taped it up and practically splinted it, didn't change much since I was never the "speedy skater' on the team.
Jump school- dislocated my shoulder on my first landing. They told us for the jump to count you had to run off the drop zone so I bundled up the parachute in the bag, layed down and crawled to get it over the shoulders, got up and ran off the drop zone, screw that I jumped out of that plane I wasn't going to have that jump not count. Went to the hospital AFTER I got checked off for the jump.

Back