Tell me about when you played through the pain!

Just about to leave to play our final game of the season with a partially broken thumb. Gonna strap it up and try to play and we'll see how well that goes.

They have two to three times the players we do, they're a run heavy offence and we play air raid, it's pissing it down for the first time in a 2 month heat wave..

Injuries have told the tale with our small squad and O line will be filling in on D line duty.

I'll be facing my toughest match up of the year.

Bring it.

I was working in the back/stock room of a retail store while in high school.. And it had a layaway system.

Well someone decided to pick up their shit, no big deal. I go grab the box with their stuff in it and on the way out of the stock room, decide to be Spider-Man or Tony Hawk and do some fancy shit jumping over a big box.
Came down on my right ankle pretty hard and sprained the absolute shit out of it. Couldn't walk on it, got all pale and sweaty.

Managed to pull myself up via a nearby work counter and looked around for the layaway box I had because I sent that bitch flying when I went down. Picked up the box and did some strange ass zombie limp all the way out on the floor to the front of the store and dropped off the box.

Went to the manager's office, she was laughing her ass off until I pulled my shoe off and my ankle was the size of a soft ball.

Sucked ass, but I scored that touchdown.

had a stroke, was blind in one eye,couldnt walk properly ,balance was awful,and was back in the gym about a week after. probably not the smartest thing i've done.

I've gone into a fight with cracked ribs and it seems like I've spent the last six months training while carrying various annoying injuries: a sprained finger, broken toe, lower back pain, sprain in the back of the thigh, cut to the eyelid - all since the turn of the year.

You send like you are a bit like me and can't stay away when good sense tell you that you really should. If you are a younger guy, it will probably be ok, but I'd worry about injuring that finger to the point that it will never be the same again. Good luck whichever way you decide to go.

Broke my big toe and its nail once while playing soccer, finished the game and scored a goal.
I teared my meniscus during Judo training, didn't realize it was serious so I went home walking and deadlifted the next morning. Had to be sidelined for almost a year afterwards. :(

I've gone into a fight with cracked ribs and it seems like I've spent the last six months training while carrying various annoying injuries: a sprained finger, broken toe, lower back pain, sprain in the back of the thigh, cut to the eyelid - all since the turn of the year.

You send like you are a bit like me and can't stay away when good sense tell you that you really should. If you are a younger guy, it will probably be ok, but I'd worry about injuring that finger to the point that it will never be the same again. Good luck whichever way you decide to go.

They had already made the playoffs so they let the second string out, had a pretty easy day and the tape, gloves and creative use of boxing wraps made my hand into a club, protected it all game but stings a bit now. One guy went to shake my hand after a play and I said no I've got a broken hand, he looked at me like I was crazy.

I'm 39 dude, I sometimes play against people half my age
<{outtahere}>
Still, I enjoy being a tough son of a bitch and you don't get that playing call of duty slamming mountain dew.

Shout out to all my homies too dumb for their own good.

When have you played through the pain, what was the injury, did you get it done or do you wish you'd sat on the sideline?

TLDR: I got hurt and is thinking of playing Sunday.

I got the last American football game of the season next week, away and I'll be against the toughest defensive ends in my division. Last time I played them I prevented sacks and got some run blocking on em but it was rough and I got beat a few times.

I went to reciever practice for a laugh on Wednesday and think I've near broke my left thumb, it was already screwed from last game and I pushed it as close to the edge as possible without it becoming a floppy mess. Reckon part of the tendon is off the bone.

I'm thinking about taping up the hand into a sort of club and playing, I kinda know it's stupid cos it's amateur etc but we don't have the depth and I'd be letting my guys down, not standing with them. I'm a captain, and it means a lot to me. I really wanted to see if I could improve against them but now it would be trying to tread water.

As the receivers coach on my HS team said once, if you get side stitches you fuck through them.

I once got a cramp in my thumb during a battlefield match. I roughed through it and had a positive kd ratio to show for it.

I broke a finger executing a takedown. I had to try and stay on top and tried to hide my face,which was contorted w pain,and rode out the clock.

Back