International Texas Joins Arkansas in fight against Trans- Healthcare for Children

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.ins...abel-trans-health-care-child-abuse-2021-4?amp

The Texas state legislature is attempting to pass a bill that would separate trans children from their families for providing them with gender-affirming care.

SB1646 would prohibit parents from "administering or supplying, or consenting to or assisting in the administering or supplying of puberty suppression prescription drug or cross-sex hormone to a child, other than an intersex child, for the purpose of gender transitioning or gender reassignment."

The bill would change the state's definition of child abuse to include parents allowing trans minors to access hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and puberty blockers, two types of treatment commonly prescribed to trans minors by medical professionals.

Thank God for this.

If it were up to me, we’d end all this trans healthcare for children nonsense in a fortnight.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.insider.com/texas-lawmakers-propose-bill-to-label-trans-health-care-child-abuse-2021-4?amp

The Texas state legislature is attempting to pass a bill that would separate trans children from their families for providing them with gender-affirming care.

SB1646 would prohibit parents from "administering or supplying, or consenting to or assisting in the administering or supplying of puberty suppression prescription drug or cross-sex hormone to a child, other than an intersex child, for the purpose of gender transitioning or gender reassignment."

The bill would change the state's definition of child abuse to include parents allowing trans minors to access hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and puberty blockers, two types of treatment commonly prescribed to trans minors by medical professionals.

Thank God for this.

If it were up to me, we’d end all this trans healthcare for children nonsense in a fortnight.

How could that be legal to begin with? How is that not child abuse? Puberty is such a massively important time for children to grow into adulthood, not just socially, but biologically as well. I don't care what anyone says. Children going through this have NOT been given a choice by these parents.

This is a very complex issue, and thankfully it doesn't effect me.

Good. allowing minors to make permanent, life changing decisions to their body is immoral and sick .

all sane people should be advocating this.

oh, and in before, "omg! why are conservatives so obsessed with this topic!?!?"

Conservatives are so obsessed with this issue, because it's very nearly a slam dunk. Heteronormative America will NEVER advocate gender reassignment for children...and when I say that, I mean me. I have known around 20 such cases, and in 19 of the 20, the kids had substantial underlying psychological issues that needed attending to prior to ever entertaining gender reassignment. I appreciate that it's not a huge sample size.

Now, you might think... psychological assessment is part of the process right? Yep... but, these patients seek out particular psychiatrists that advocate more or less for gender reassignment. In your state, I guarantee it's the same, there will be a handfull of child psychologist that specialize in gender reassignment and this patient population is able to seek them out, creating a self fulfilling positive feedback loop.

If an adult wants to switch teams I don't have an issue with it... but if you're pre-pubescent there is no fucking way this should be taking place.

Good. Doing this shit to your kids is bad parenting, no 2 ways about it and you shouldn't have kids if you implant these destructive ideas in their heads. Virtue signaling at the expense of our kids is too much.

Good. allowing minors to make permanent, life changing decisions to their body is immoral and sick .

all sane people should be advocating this.

oh, and in before, "omg! why are conservatives so obsessed with this topic!?!?"
This law also prevents the parents of said minors from making those decisions as well despite the fact that you'd figure they have the ability to make similar medical decisions as the guardians of their children.

Not sure where I fall here. I think these kinds of things should generally be avoided, definitely don't think children should be allowed to make these decisions for themselves, but it is a case of the state infringing on the parent's ability to make medical decisions for their children. Relevant professionals should be consulted, both in the writing of the law and in the decision making itself, but ultimately we're not a technocracy so that has its limits as well.

Shouldnt be a red blue thing. Messing around with childrens biology frivolously and unnecessarily isnt a political matter, its straight up good and evil imo, and Ive always been very flexible when considering morality issues. Maximum shame to the "doctors" making millions off this malice. The worst part is most of them would live as they are if the shit wasnt permeating pop culture.

The parents who push this should be thrown in jail

The parents are usually at their wit's end desperately trying to "fix" their unusual child. They usually arrive at this decision because they love their child, and wish they could be "happy", and are willing to try anything.

It's a web of sorrow, and I'm not sure that legislation is the answer, but I would never advocate against it.

This is a very complex issue, and thankfully it doesn't effect me.

Conservatives are so obsessed with this issue, because it's very nearly a slam dunk. Heteronormative America will NEVER advocate gender reassignment for children...and when I say that, I mean me. I have known around 20 such cases, and in 19 of the 20, the kids had substantial underlying psychological issues that needed attending to prior to ever entertaining gender reassignment. I appreciate that it's not a huge sample size.

Now, you might think... psychological assessment is part of the process right? Yep... but, these patients seek out particular psychiatrists that advocate more or less for gender reassignment. In your state, I guarantee it's the same, there will be a handfull of child psychologist that specialize in gender reassignment and this patient population is able to seek them out, creating a self fulfilling positive feedback loop.

If an adult wants to switch teams I don't have an issue with it... but if you're pre-pubescent there is no fucking way this should be taking place.

10/10 post

Pretty sickening to withhold these things from trans children. I wonder if the federal government can in some way punish them such as withholding funds for roads, etc. No way this can be allowed to stand

Let’s see them pass meaningful changes to the homeless population camping all over downtown Austin first.

btw I’m in favor of this as well

Back