***The Official SANCTIONED Gennady Golovkin vs Vanes Martirosyan RBR Thread 11PM EST HBO***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thats because you're not trying to hear anything negative about Canelo and willfully ignoring why athletes might use PEDs.

Coming INTO a training camp with less fat to burn and more muscle mass, which is what Clen is designed to do, greatly benefits ANY fighter, let alone a highly muscled fighter with low body fat that Canelo is at MW. It allows Canelo to keep his muscle mass at a maximum as he will have less fat to try and shed, which makes it easier for him to make weight for the fight.

How is that not a benefit? How does a professional athlete in a combat sport that relies a lot on physicality not benefit from an easier way to unnaturally gain muscle mass and shed fat?!

If Clen was legal, you think fighters woudln't use it?
The levels in his system don't match up with the performance enhancements. He had such a small amount in his system that it matches the level a guy would have from eating a couple of tacos, not someone who is using it to lose fat. Clen only stays in the system for about 5 days.

I do appreciate the answer though.

The levels in his system don't match up with the performance enhancements. He had such a small amount in his system that it matches the level a guy would have from eating a couple of tacos, not someone who is using it to lose fat. Clen only stays in the system for about 5 days.

I do appreciate the answer though.

I agree that one could argue that he did not in fact take it as a PED. I would disagree with that, but at this point, it is pretty neutral. We will have to see his next few performances to see if there was a change.

However, someone saying he got caught, and then minimizing the benefits of clen is out of this world.

I even get the argument that everyone is on PEDs.. but yeaa, someone showed Canelo was not in VADA part of the mandates of his sanctioning body. There are multiple red flags. He is a good boy, getting special treatment. Makes sense

Lol, why would someone want to cut down their body fat before a cycle, when they would use that fat as fuel to increase muscle mass? That makes absolutely no sense, especially in regard to this scenario.

I think you should not take posters on an internet forum so seriously, and just wikipedia or google the drug and make an informed decision. or watch youtube videos of people involved in sports giving their expert opinion... over sherdog posters.
You cut down fat for several reasons prior to a stack. Ensure youre injecting into muscle, reduce estrogen conversion, and most importantly lower blood pressure.

I think you should read the conversation because youre clearly missing me tell him what hes saying doesnt make sense.

And given your “use fat to fuel to increase muscle mass” BS you should probably not tell others where to get their info.

How about you do your own research instead of going off of what "everyone says?"

The hair follicle test is not the end all be all, a simple google search will tell you that. It is not hard to see what benefits Canelo gains from using Clen, once again research (google is a thing), common sense (Clen wouldn't be banned for no reason), and context go a long way here.

But given your last sentence, you clearly have no idea or choose to be very naive regarding how any of this works/goes on within sports.
Please try to keep up. I'm the one saying we need more proof before we can call the guy a cheat. You're the one acting like you know something the rest of us don't. a day before the follicle test came out to the public, people on this forum were demanding he take one.

The hair follicle test is the best test to find if someone is a cheater. It detects further into the past than either blood or urine.
Well it was until Canelo passed one anyway.

The facts here are that Canelo had clen in his system. All the experts agree that it was consistent with meat contamination. He has since passed literally every test thrown at him. He has accepted his suspension and thats pretty much all there is to it. Lets wait and see if he passes his tests from now on before we start making shit up.

Lots of accusations being thrown at me here but I'm the one not creating my own narrative as to what happened.

You cut down fat for several reasons prior to a stack. Ensure youre injecting into muscle, reduce estrogen conversion, and most importantly lower blood pressure.

I think you should read the conversation because youre clearly missing me tell him what hes saying doesnt make sense.

And given your “use fat to fuel to increase muscle mass” BS you should probably not tell others where to get their info.

An elite level athlete needing to worry about finding their injection sites is laughable. Unless they blow up to Morales and Maidana levels

If you do not know how fat, metabolism, and muscle growth come into play, especially with someone like Canelo who has a muscular base to begin with, then you need to STFU.

An elite level athlete needing to worry about finding their injection sites is laughable. Unless they blow up to Morales and Maidana levels

If you do not know how fat, metabolism, and muscle growth come into play, especially with someone like Canelo who has a muscular base to begin with, then you need to STFU.
Youre talking from your ass and are butthurt about it now.

Try reading the conversation before you try to tell people theyre wrong.

Also, read a book.

My point exactly. Not to even mention the timing would be completely stupid.

Here you are saying the timing would be completely stupid. Again, tell me how the timing is completely stupid. You didn't argue vs any of my points, about how it is actually a good timing for Canelo.

The only thing I see you arguing over the last 3 pages is that it might or might not be used as a stacking agent. Please tell me how it is not used to benefit respiratory function and promote lean muscle mass. Moreover, please tell me how either of those is NOT beneficial 3-4 months prior towards one of the biggest fights of your life.

PLEASE TELL ME.

Here you are saying the timing would be completely stupid. Again, tell me how the timing is completely stupid. You didn't argue vs any of my points, about how it is actually a good timing for Canelo.

The only thing I see you arguing over the last 3 pages is that it might or might not be used as a stacking agent. Please tell me how it is not used to benefit respiratory function and promote lean muscle mass. Moreover, please tell me how either of those is NOT beneficial 3-4 months prior towards one of the biggest fights of your life.

PLEASE TELL ME.
You need to work on reading comprehension. Youre missing multiple points in the conversation where stacking with anabolics was mentioned.

You need to work on reading comprehension.

i guess that is your way to refute my points? Lol

I read you that your said the timing doesnt make sense, and provided reasons why it does make sense. Then you post that?

Yea, maybe you do need PEDs to inflate your ego lol

Probably, @Marc A speaks Dominican....<BronTroll1>
Lol, are you the guy who said that Puerto Ricans get shit for fucking up the languege? Then I heard DR ppl have sing song accents as well. I have no idea if that's true but I definitely read/heard that shit somewhere.

Last edited:
i guess that is your way to refute my points? Lol

I read you that your said the timing doesnt make sense, and provided reasons why it does make sense. Then you post that?

Yea, maybe you do need PEDs to inflate your ego lol
Jesus man you really dont get it. You jumped in the middle of a fucking conversation without reading the entire thing. You took a bit of a post in which we were discussing using Clen in conjunction with an anabolic cycle. That timing does not make sense. Read a book if you need to understand why.

Then you want to talk from your ass about not decreasing body fat prior to a cycle and “using fat to fuel your muscle increase” lmao.

And Im the one trying to argue topics I have no fucking clue about and Im the one who needs to inflate my ego? Lol. Ok bud.

Jesus man you really dont get it. You jumped in the middle of a fucking conversation without reading the entire thing. You took a bit of a post in which we were discussing using Clen in conjunction with an anabolic cycle. That timing does not make sense. Read a book if you need to understand why.

Then you want to talk from your ass about not decreasing body fat prior to a cycle and “using fat to fuel your muscle increase” lmao.

And Im the one trying to argue topics I have no fucking clue about and Im the one who needs to inflate my ego? Lol. Ok bud.

I guess I came into the conversation at a bad time. Let me clarify first, before making a fool of myself. Do you think Canelo took Clen purposefully? Do you think it is cheating and gives an advantage?

Canelo allowed them to take a hair sample because he has nothing to hide. He is the one who wanted drug testing and yes this is an embarrassing circumstance so he was willing to do what it takes to prove his innocence.

He was suspended because as a fighter you are responsible for what goes into your body intentional or not. So while the substance was ingested unintentionally he was still found to have it in his system.

The hair folicle test proves he was not anything within 90 days ( up to ) of test date. Proving the trace amounts are in line with meat contamination.

You dont have to believe it. But the test happend and its clean. And Canelo is still suspended.

Why didn't they report the full battery they did in the piss test. They reported what they found not what they didnt. In the folicle test they found nothing but mentioned nothing also included Clen as that was the drug he had tested pos for previously.

<mma4> . They are testing for PED's.

To answer your question, they do. It's done in advance and listed on VADA's website. The prohibited substances tested for are listed and each fighter enrolled in their testing is handed this list. What was reported is that a hair sample was checked for Clenbuterol which is what was found in his system prior, after all. You're assuming that they tested him for every prohibited substance (PED) in a non-standard test where the details are so scant that the analysis section contains two sentences; "Hair sample tested for clenbuterol. Clenbuterol was not detected."

A hair sample was submitted for follicle testing in order to find the presence or absence (in this case) of a single prohibited substance, Clenbuterol, not substances. Don't you think that his team would be reporting (bragging, even) that his hair sample was put through the full range of tests to detect any/all PEDs they (WADA) have the ability to detect and not just Clenbuterol? I do.

His hair sample (assuming it was actually his, btw) was tested for the substance he previously popped for and only for that substance. When you "test for" something you're only targeting that substance or group of substances listed. This really isn't difficult.

I guess I came into the conversation at a bad time. Let me clarify first, before making a fool of myself. Do you think Canelo took Clen purposefully? Do you think it is cheating and gives an advantage?
Yes. Yes, however I think Clen’s benefits are overrated.

Youd note that my first post in this discussion said exactly this if you read it.

Yes. Yes, however I think Clen’s benefits are overrated.

Youd note that my first post in this discussion said exactly this if you read it.

Ok, you think he took it intentionally and are overlooking its benefits.

Just what I needed to know, lol. Argue otherwise, regarding its benefits.

What would you say to the next contender for Golovkin, perhaps Canelo Alvarez?

Vanes Martirosyan: Canelo has a lot to prove. I see why he’s eating that kind of meat, trying to get the extra edge. The man (Golovkin) is the real deal. 36 years old and he’s still fighting like that? …I wanted to see what the guy had. I went inside to brawl with the guy and he got me good. Good for him.

What would you say to Canelo?

Vanes:
Run!

Ok, you think he took it intentionally and are overlooking its benefits.

Just what I needed to know, lol. Argue otherwise, regarding its benefits.
You see what you want to see.

What would you say to the next contender for Golovkin, perhaps Canelo Alvarez?

Vanes Martirosyan: Canelo has a lot to prove. I see why he’s eating that kind of meat, trying to get the extra edge. The man (Golovkin) is the real deal. 36 years old and he’s still fighting like that? …I wanted to see what the guy had. I went inside to brawl with the guy and he got me good. Good for him.

What would you say to Canelo?

Vanes:
Run!
Luckily for Canelo he isnt a can.

Back