The perspective of Ngannou looking amazing, explanations wanted.

ChangeIsComing

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
It seems that many fans, some media etc are all extremely impressed with Francis's performance and stating he beat Fury and was robbed, looked great, is the better boxer etc. I watched the entire fight and I will admit that I was impressed with his ability to hang with Fury on Tyson's worst day in a long long time, but I failed to see what so many bandwagon jumpers seem to have seen.

What I witnessed was extremely basic boxing technique, slow plodding movement and very little action overall from both fighters. Yet everyone is boasting about how great he looked, I mean he landed one good glancing shot behind the ear that seemed to cause Fury to back off and change his game plan but aside from that he didn't do much of anything and never looked very good at any point in my eyes. To me it was more Fury's lack of getting anything going that made Francis look far better than he actually is. Now that does give Francis some due credit as his chin and power definitely had a role to play in Fury's output but at the same time...anyone who thinks that was Fury at his best has obviously never watched him fight before.

The fight as a whole sucked, there was close to no action...the total output from both fighters was close to abysmal and neither looked like a top boxing HW, yet everyone wants to go on about how great Francis is...and I just don't see it. So from a technical standpoint what exactly did Francis do that made him obtain the great statement or even the looked really good?

IMHO Fury was over promoting this for $$ and 100% overlooked Francis, so shame on him for this and he deserves it.

Last edited:
It seems that many fans, some media etc are all extremely impressed with Francis's performance and stating he beat Fury and was robbed, looked great, is the better boxer etc. I watched the entire fight and I will admit that I was impressed with his ability to hang with Fury on Tyson's worst day in a long long time, but I failed to see what so many bandwagon jumpers seem to have seen.

What I witnessed was extremely basic boxing technique, slow plodding movement and very little action overall from both fighters. Yet everyone is boasting about how great he looked, I mean he landed one good glancing shot behind the ear that seemed to cause Fury to back off and change his game plan but aside from that he didn't do much of anything and never looked very good at any point in me eyes. To me it was more Fury's lack of getting anything going that made Francis look far better than he actually is. Now that does give Francis some due credit as his chin and power definitely had a role to play in Fury's output but at the same time...anyone who thinks that was Fury at his best has obviously never watched him fight before.

The fight as a whole sucked, there was close to no action...the total output from both fighters was close to abysmal and neither looked like a top boxing HW, yet everyone wants to go on about how great Francis is...and I just don't see it. So from a technical standpoint what exactly did Francis do that made him obtain the great statement or even the looked really good?

IMHO Fury was over promoting this for $$ and 100% overlooked Francis, so shame on him for this and he deserves it.

Bruh. You watching the heavyweights.

I was wondering what paid UFC posters would say about Francis being a fucking hero. Radio silence all last night but now some talking bullet points came out? So is this it? Or have you guys not settled on one narrative yet?

Good luck, because you're gonna fucking need it for this one.

What I witnessed was extremely basic boxing technique, slow plodding movement and very little action overall from both fighters. Yet everyone is boasting about how great he looked, I mean he landed one good glancing shot behind the ear that seemed to cause Fury to back off and change his game plan but aside from that he didn't do much of anything and never looked very good at any point in me eyes. To me it was more Fury's lack of getting anything going that made Francis look far better than he actually is. Now that does give Francis some due credit as his chin and power definitely had a role to play in Fury's output but at the same time...anyone who thinks that was Fury at his best has obviously never watched him fight before.

Dewey Cooper is the answer

I was impressed
A 37 year old MMA fighter who hasn't fought in 2 years, has 0 boxing bouts, knocked down the supposed greatest HW of this generation, and made it extremely competitive with many thinking he won

77127839-12684277-image-a-23_1698534282997.jpg

I was wondering what paid UFC posters would say about Francis being a fucking hero. Radio silence all last night but now some talking bullet points came out? So is this it? Or have you guys not settled on one narrative yet?

Good luck, because you're gonna fucking need it for this one.
I am failing to see your point here, yet sure throw some curse words around tough guy lol.

I was impressed
A 37 year old MMA fighter who hasn't fought in 2 years, has 0 boxing bouts, knocked down the supposed greatest HW of this generation, and made it extremely competitive with many thinking he won

77127839-12684277-image-a-23_1698534282997.jpg
Hey I agree it was a nice shot (said that in my post), but I want to know why you think he looked good...from a technical standpoint..because I failed to see that.

Fury was spooked by Francis power, physical strength and awkwardness. Usually Tyson uses his weight and bullies opponents in the clinch. Pull their heads down, lay on them.. Francis is so fucking strong that it made Fury uncomfortable. Fury was scared of Francis power and physicality lol.

I remember 1 sequence Fury had Francis a headlock and usually against Boxers Fury would get away with it. Francis was going to pick him up or break his shoulder and you can see the look on Fury's face lol.

Also MMA fighters just have different rhythm than boxers and that can be difficult to adjust to when you've been boxing for a very long time. I know because when I spar MMA guys I hate it lol. They're so much more physical and strong and the rhythm is different and awkward so you're not used to the same trajectory of punches coming at you

Hey I agree it was a nice shot (said that in my post), but I want to know why you think he looked good...from a technical standpoint..because I failed to see that.
I guess from a technical stand point yeah i agree. I guess people are just blown away because of the status of Fury, and Francis being a novice etc

Fury thought Francis was gonna be like every other big HW who was gonna gas out after carrying Fury’s fat body for a couple of rounds. He underestimated Ngannous strength and ability to land big strikes in the pocket.

He underestimated Ngannous chin and how Ngannou could easily take his best shots and counter with his own bombs, bombs that Fury clearly didnt like to take.

And he underestimated Ngannous natural sense of timing/hand eye coordination/ and ability to find the chin, especially on the counter.

This resulted in Fury going back to his jabbing style and winning safe rounds.

I am failing to see your point here, yet sure throw some curse words around tough guy lol.
Play dumb and I'll dumb it down for you, sure.

The bulk of posters that are trying to slander/minimize Francis at this point are UFC employees trying to stem the damage / hoping any of their narratives go viral among idiot fans. Only after you disseminate the narrative can you count on 80-IQ fans to parrot your talking points, in which case the majority of posts will be them instead of you.

You guys lost. Shutup and take it and stop slandering a fucking hero.

That's a whole lot of words that can easily be explained by BOXING and BOXERS are OVERRATED. The worst version of Tyson Fury showing up should be easily able to beat Francis Ngannou in a boxing match.

You guys need to stop making excuses because HW boxing got exposed last night big time

such a hater, i'm a casual in boxing and i'll can give you a break down.

Tyson likes to tire and be heavy on dudes, when he tried this Francis would put his forarm on his face and frame off which put Tyson on the back foot. Francis was looking to counter, wasn't biting on feints and was landing shot that were hurting Fury and Fury froze. It's that simple.

If you're going to play that game why don't you give a break down on what Tyson didn't do and what he should rather than put the owness on others and play the if you can't convince me game then i win. All you've done is spoken in generalities trying to play smart.

Back