Elections The state of Florida should be an embarrassment for Democrats

In 2020 Florida voted for a 15 dollar minimum wage. Now coming up in 2024 they are going to be voting on abortion rights and weed legalization and both are likely to pass.

Florida is not a conservative state. Yet they voted for Trump in 2020 and almost certainly will in 2024. The fact it is solid red at this point should be humiliating for Democrats. Their candidates and marketing in that state have been awful.
The left doesn't care about those issues anymore. They are more concerned with race and victimhood.

I think many conservatives are in favor of fewer abortion restrictions. At least I get that opinion from people I've talked with here in Florida. I think most don't like abortion, but don't believe it should be a political situation so much. Maybe a better more supportive system to help convince women to not abort their children, but instead to look at others ideas such as looking at adoption, would be more beneficial.

I suspect that with the exception of rabid evangelicals, most conservatives in the US share the same view of abortion that I have: abortion is wrong, but outright banning it is a case of the remedy being far worse than the disease.

There are a lot of indicators that many areas thought to be conservative strongholds aren't really so when you strip away gerrymandering + partisan politics and break things down to the actual issues. There's a lot of data on this. If Guillam would have actually beaten DeSantis and avoided controversy, Florida would likely have gone about as deep blue as it has red. Creating "red States" quite often requires extremely partisan gerrymandering (specifically targeting breaking apart minority voting districts, DeSantis did this), disenfranchising metropolitan area voters, and playing and empowering rural voters. AKA "minoirty rule." Even red State "election integrity" units and task forces have been shown to be giga antic frauds designed merely to disenfranchise minority and opposition voters:

How exactly do you "gerrymander" a statewide election? FFS, DeSantis won by 20 points, Rubio won his senate seat by over 16 points.

Florida is red because they had a close race 6 years, and the guy they elected did the best job of any governor in the country, while the "progressive" who nearly won ended up methed out in a hotel with gay prostitutes, and the state has since had several million more conservatives moving there after having to flee the poorly run blue states.

Last edited:
Florida is always a closely fought battle in presidential elections. What a dumbass thread. Of course all the Trumptards are in here clapping and drooling
This is historically true, but we’re pretty conservative post-2020. Since 2016 really, since Trump took off with Hispanics down here, but definitely after COVID. Yeah, there’s a lot of Democrats but so do all the southern states, and no one is trying to say that those are purple states like we were previously described.

Florida is an embarrassment for mankind... full stop.

<PlusJuan>

I wish there were more bums like this around, we are way over capacity at this point, somehow we end up in the top 3 net US migration every year

Florida is red because they had a close race 6 years, and the guy they elected did the best job of any governor in the country, while the "progressive" who nearly won ended up methed out in a hotel with gay prostitutes
Says it all, really

Back