THE X-FILES Season 11 (Premieres January 3, 2018)

Cool,massive fan of the orginal and they can do no wrong in my eyes. Unless they turn it into an out right comedy.

I know I'm in the minority here but I always felt the x files was overrated.
To me , it was just okay

Out of the 6 episode run, 2 were good, 1 was phenomenal, and 3 were meh to bad. Somewhat ironically, it seems Chris Carter wrote the worst episodes.

Still, even in it's heyday X-Files wasn't without bad episodes. More X-files is better X-Files. I always wondered why the franchise never took off in the novels the way Star Trek or Star Wars books did. Seems like you could just pump them out and even avoid the whole conspiracy thing for the most part.

To me , it was just okay

Nah, first five seasons were GOAT. Duchovny and Anderson had great chemistry together.

the_x-files_teaser_poster_-_publicity_-_embed_-_p_2017.jpg

Beautiful in it simplicity, but complex in its subtlety.

Still need to watch the final episode of the revival.

They should have an crossover with Fringe.

And I'd like to see 10 episode series of Married
with Children and Firefly.

Aliens were cooler before the internet was around. Now they are competing with all these youtube douchebags that promote the dumbest, craziest shit ever. The romanticism is gone.

Great TV show. Glad to here it's coming back for a 11th season. I'll be watching.

Trip out on how the first episode aired in 1993!

To me , it was just okay

I didn't fully understand why the show was so popular when it first aired, but in the years since I have grown to understand how good of a show it is and to understand the impact it's had on the television landscape. There wasn't really anything else on TV like it at the time and it opened the way for the serialized TV shows that we have today.

DO IT!!

If anything, you can skip around, and pick and choose which episodee you wish to watch. First 5 seasons were just sooo damn fun.

Well skipping around was pretty much what I did when the show originally aired. I'd just watch it when I felt like it, catching an episode here and there.

I think if I were going to commit to an X-Files project, it would have to be 100%. I'm either going to watch everything start to finish or I'm just not going to fuck with it.

I hope they just go the anthology route.
Me too, though I doubt they will.

For some reason they always feel the need to force the mythos down our throats when those episodes are never as well written as the standalones.

Well skipping around was pretty much what I did when the show originally aired. I'd just watch it when I felt like it, catching an episode here and there.

I think if I were going to commit to an X-Files project, it would have to be 100%. I'm either going to watch everything start to finish or I'm just not going to fuck with it.

Fair warning. The first season is pretty tough at times. I went back and watched it start to finish prior to the new season coming out. It is quite dated at times. But more than that, it took awhile to find it's groove. Some of the early episodes are plain bad.

Fair warning. The first season is pretty tough at times. I went back and watched it start to finish prior to the new season coming out. It is quite dated at times. But more than that, it took awhile to find it's groove. Some of the early episodes are plain bad.

I will keep that in mind. My biggest concern is the sheer enormity of the show. 208 episodes is pretty fucking insane. I mean, right now I'm considering it something of a task to get through Twin Peaks and it's only 30 eps!

Gillian Anderson is the GOAT 45+ woman in my eyes, sexy as heck.

Anyway, the last season was kinda meh, except for the episode with the were-monster, that one was cool.

Still not watched the recent revival. Bit scared.

I want it to be good though. I still love GA. Incidentally, she's even better with her English accent.

I hated the new season/mini series. But it's my favourite show of all time. I just ask for one thing:

A few Monster of the Week episodes that are not 'comedy' or tongue in cheek. I yearn for the proper MOTW episodes that were quite dark and gruesome.

I was a teen in the 90's and with my moving around so much, missed out on a lot of good TV including x files and the various star trek shows. same went for the 2000's, too much moving meant I missed so much.

I've been back in the states now for 4 years and have finally watched all of

star trek tos (animated as well)
next generation
ds9
voyager
enterprise (on final season)
fringe
eureka (I loved this show)
breaking bad
X-Files

still working on and mostly haven't seen any of:

the wire
the sopranos
Luther
star gate
Farscape
serenity
vikings
boardwalk empire
dexter
peaky blinders
Oz
the shield
better call Saul
walking dead
the 4400
the 100

this list goes on

as you can see, I cut my cable for a reason. just need Netflix and Amazon prime for quite a few years.

Back