There has been an outrage on twitter about a girl who wore Chinese dress in prom

This really is just the DUMBEST fucking shit.

I would think that Chinese people would feel honored by something like this, with someone outside their culture embracing something that is within their culture.

I guess all white people are being racist when they do karate or eat ethnic food as well.
Someone wrote a book on Yoga being racist due to a lack of knowledge behind the culture behind it. It went on to say it was a tool of white supremecy, yada yada yada. You don't have too look far to see similar bullshit issues being pressed.

auvqkzsxhnfw1d1wck0t.jpg

chun_li_cosplay_i__by_enjinight-d6mwmb9.jpg

You don’t have to be outraged to click the like button. How many people liked it? And to be clear, we’re not talking about the picture. We’re talking about the post condemning the picture, right?

Emm ., Likes are actually shown on the tweet if you actually cared to read it. Anyway, the original tweet has received 178,645 likes which are pretty large.

I don't understand. Why do you think post matters but not likes? When people express themselves through the opinions of others on tweets or any other internet platform in that regard, people generally push "like" button.

Last edited:
Emm ., Likes are actually shown on the tweet if you actually cared to read it. Anyway, the original tweet has received 178,645 likes which are pretty large.

I don't understand. Why do you think post matters but not likes? When people express themselves through the opinions of others on tweets or any other internet platform in that regard, people generally push "like" button.

I don’t do twitter. But I would guess many of the people who liked the post, of you really asked them what they thought, would not be offended. Anyway, how many people liked it, about 178,000, right? That’s only 4% of the entire Chinese American population, not even counting other Asians. I’m sure some people are upset or whatever, but people are getting outraged at the outrage and it’s fucking stupid, as is any outrage that someone who wasn’t Asian wore a cheongsam.

These things are staged. There was no outrage until i seen an article that said people were outraged, then people started talking about it

I don’t do twitter. But I would guess many of the people who liked the post, of you really asked them what they thought, would not be offended. Anyway, how many people liked it, about 178,000, right? That’s only 4% of the entire Chinese American population, not even counting other Asians. I’m sure some people are upset or whatever, but people are getting outraged at the outrage and it’s fucking stupid, as is any outrage that someone who wasn’t Asian wore a cheongsam.

I wasn't insinuating that the people who pushed likes on that tweet were asians so it's odd that you are comparing the numbers to Chinese population to claim it's a small number.

So basically you are claiming people liked that guy's tweet even though they didn't agree with him.

[<diva2]

These things are staged. There was no outrage until i seen an article that said people were outraged, then people started talking about it

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what happened. And I’m pretty sure people liked the guy’s post simply because other people did and they had no reason to do otherwise. If they were really outraged, they would have written their own post. People are giving way too much weight to how many likes a twitter post gets, not just in this case, but all the time.

I wasn't insinuating that the people who pushed likes on that tweet were asians so it's odd that you are comparing the numbers to Chinese population to claim it's a small number.

So basically you are claiming people liked that guy's tweet even though they didn't agree with him.

[<diva2]

Yes, that is part of it. See my above post. One guy is outraged. Others are just going along. Otherwise they would have written posts.

[<diva2]

They may have liked that because its funny and ridixulous

I'd suggest enjoying your life.

Back