Media Topuria posts the moment Islam got KOd on his Instagram story

Ok? So someone landed a good counter on Islam almost a decade ago, and Topuria got dropped by a regional level fighter just 4 fights ago. Islam actually knows how to grapple and wouldn't let him panic wrestle to recover. Topuria still has to defend against someone who isn't coming off a loss in his late 30s.

BB1ihbY6.img

He recovered in a split second and won the fight by KO. Big difference buddy lol

Ok? So someone landed a good counter on Islam almost a decade ago, and Topuria got dropped by a regional level fighter just 4 fights ago. Islam actually knows how to grapple and wouldn't let him panic wrestle to recover. Topuria still has to defend against someone who isn't coming off a loss in his late 30s.

BB1ihbY6.img
Make the fight then

Make the fight then
So Islam can ragdoll him and you can come on here and say it doesn't count, Topuria's too small, was never any good and he was never your friend?

Islam fought the only guy who was ahead of him on the p4p list and beat him twice, and is #1 p4p himself now. If anybody should move up for a 2nd belt, it's Islam, not the guy who just beat 2 guys coming off losses and doesn't have 1 title defense.

I think Topuria will be pretty vulnerable to the same high kick that Islam KO'd Volk with. Ilia dips to the right a lot, which is all fine and good in boxing but it's why he got caught by Jai Herbert - doesn't seem like a hole he has fixed yet.

Looks like a linguistic misunderstanding on Ilia’s part:

Nah, just looks like Topuria is a POS trying to avoid defending the title. He already said before the fight that he didn't want to defend, and wanted a Conor fight, now an Islam fight, and everybody who's not a FW. The guy's trying to be a dollar store Conor.

I can't wait until this dude loses lmao.

Islam already has contenders in his own division to deal with lol. Oliveira vs Tsarukyan has already been declared a #1 contender fight. Also the Gaethje vs Holloway winner will be in line after that fight happens. Realistically it's not even worth talking about Topuria getting a shot at the lightweight title until mid 2025 and that's if he can even get 1-2 successful title defenses by then.

Trust me, I know. That's why I said I doubt this fight ever happens. I was just saying IF, big IF, the fight ever happens, it would be much better for islam to get him sooner than later due to the age gap.

I agree its not worth talking about topuria getting a lw shot, but here we both are lol.

He recovered in a split second and won the fight by KO. Big difference buddy lol

He got dropped and lost a round to the #50th (? maybe lower) ranked LW in the World. We're talking about the #1 P4P fighter in the world. Big difference buddy lol

If Islam is going to fight someone that hasn't been fighting at LW I'd much rather see him against Leon or someone at WW. We've seen Islam defeat the GOAT FW. I have no interest in seeing him against 145's anymore.

All of this is nonsense though. Charles and Gaethje are already deserving and Arman becomes so w/ a victory over Charles so Islam needs to figure his schedule out and get back in w/ some 155ers

BB1ihbY6.img
That s a lot of hate. I am happy for Tilapia.

The man is growing on me. We have our new little Spanish/ Georgian Conor

Back