Media Topuria posts the moment Islam got KOd on his Instagram story

I like Ilia but dude is trying way too hard to be a Conor clone. Who wants to bet he comes out with his own alcohol brand within 2 years if he's still champ? Any takers?
He's the only fighter since Conor with that kind of confidence.

Such a beautiful KO.

Every MMA fan should appreciate it.

maxresdefault.jpg

islam-2-980x400.jpg

f7715a031b943655c515aeacc4305d37.gif

Islam really got saved by the ref there. That would've in most other cases resulted in a few hard follow up shots and possibly changed his career

I like Ilia but dude is trying way too hard to be a Conor clone. Who wants to bet he comes out with his own alcohol brand within 2 years if he's still champ? Any takers?
honestly if he is still champ in 2 years then he deserves to do that

Hanging with a monstrous dictator < non dictator relationship

volk knocked down islam if it was ilias punch instead of volks :D oh boy islam would woke up in hospital

Ilia won't make it to minute 5 much less round 5 to do that to an exhausted, under-hydrated Islam.

Think you saw when Islam beat the dog shit out of Charles, Bobby Green, Dan Hooker etc....he don't fuck around and play that short guy bullshit.

You may be a once in a decade monster like Volk and have the perfect circumstances (5th round, less rehydration, Islam diving in for a TD). The boy Ilia doesn't even have a punchers chance. Jai Herbert's legkic says hello. Ilia lost a round and got wobbled by the #50th ranked LW. You think Islam will do anything but embarass him? For real?

I'm not one to be dismissive of a challengers skills but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

This fight created the best defensive striker in UFC history.
You don't seriously believe this do you?
Islam's the least hit fighter because of his grappling gameplan, not because his striking defense is levels above everyone in UFC history.

With the way the whole of spain is jerking him off its hard not to lose your mind and have a huge ego, even real Madrid players are sucking his dick like wtf is going on 🤣🤣🤣 is the ufc huge in spain or something

Topuria beat Volk easier than Islam and did it at Volk’s best weight.

Only two pages in this thread and it looks like Ilia fighting for the AbuDhabiweight belt and Juicelam, once again fighting smaller men, would be hilarious!
Usually I’m against all champ champ fuckery, but this one would create awesome battles on Sherdog. 😂😂

I remember how everyone spammed that 2015 gif like it's just that easy to KO Islam. In the MMA game anyone can get clipped and go down. Islam's defense is so much tighter since the KO as well.

I remember how everyone spammed that 2015 gif like it's just that easy to KO Islam. In the MMA game anyone can get clipped and go down. Islam's defense is so much tighter since the KO as well.
The amount of butt hurt against the Dagestanis needs to be studied loool.

The only reason there are so many "XY fighter already has a better legacy than Khabib" threads is because they don't have any GIFs of Khabib losing. It drives them crazy lol.

rent free

islam isn't gonna fight 145ers for a while. he's already done the ufc a solid twice by defending his belt with zero upside.

topuria needs to get a volk like resume then he can talk about moving up.

it's totally going to be wine

Lol he's not gonna talk his way into a LW title shot any time soon no matter how much he tries to antagonize Islam etc.

if they're ever going to fight, which I doubt, it would be better for islam if it happened sooner rather than later due to the age difference.

if they're ever going to fight, which I doubt, it would be better for islam if it happened sooner rather than later due to the age difference.

Islam already has contenders in his own division to deal with lol. Oliveira vs Tsarukyan has already been declared a #1 contender fight. Also the Gaethje vs Holloway winner will be in line after that fight happens. Realistically it's not even worth talking about Topuria getting a shot at the lightweight title until mid 2025 and that's if he can even get 1-2 successful title defenses by then.

Back