Media Topuria Pulls Back Says He ONLY wants 3 Fighters For NEXT Fight - Wants to Defend Title Once Then Go For LW Belt

They should have a rule, that you have to defend 3 times against competitors in your own weight class, before getting a title shot in the next weight class. If someone wants to do it without or with less defenses, then vacate and have a contender fight in the next weight class. Then you can get the title shot. And when coming back to your original weight class, contender fight before trying to regain the vacated belt. That should put some of these silly talks down.

One title defense gives you claim to a title shot in a whole other weight class?

I remember when you had to clear out your division before getting a sniff at another title, and even then it wasn’t guaranteed. Aldo would’ve been like a three division champ in his prime if he got the coddling these guys today get.

I like Topuria, but this kind of stuff is watering down the belts, they’re essentially props at this point.
Lol. You honestly believe Aldo would’ve beat GSP? How exactly would he do that?

It’s also not a given he would beat Benson or Pettis either. Winning a title in a different weight class is actually much harder than Conor haters would like to admit

Last edited:
but look at it from Islam’s perspective. He is also dominant, why should he fight these small guys? He should call out Leon and Leon should call out DDP.
There should be a rule of at least 3 defenses. Or vacate and move up for good. There is no point to these small weight classes otherwise.
I get your point but Islam also doesn’t have to accept. I’m just not going to get mad at Topuria for wanting it is all. It would start to look bad if Islam only fought guys from the division below without moving up but the entire first page of replies were basically shitting on topuria for wanting that right.

I have no issue with moving up but you need to fight 3 times a year then. I don't want to hear wanting to fight Islam in another Spain event. You go to Abu Dhabi and fight him there. Also F UFC Spain event. Defend the belt in Vegas.

It's true that he's too small for LW, but tf does his height have to do with anything?
Id say not just short for LW, small in general, Volk has LW reach, Topuria does not, he seems thicker too, Poirier used to fight at 145, that does not makes them equal in size.

Another day, another fighter with the 'I'm gonna be champ-champ' BS.
Because it's a free loss for the champ moving up. If they lose they still get to go back to their weight class as champ and defend as if the loss never occured.

If they made a game of taking a shot everytime a fighter becomes the new champ and wants to move up to become double champ, we would all be alcoholics by now.

There should be rule that champs must defend a minimum of 3 times in their own weight class before moving up.

And just like that, he found a way to make himself insufferable and unlikeable.

This guy would be so much more likable if he never spoke.

well that's what the ufc wants, fighters with blablabla

He should t alk to devilashvili before doing all those fantasies
oWgOkJF.png
<36>

Talk to him about whether he wants to be KTFO'd with a right or a left.

Max would be a great fight. He might have screwed himself out of it by accepting a very dangerous fight one weight class up.

Why do all these manlets want to move up and fight Islam?

Why do all these manlets want to move up and fight Islam?
Free title shot without having to fight any LWs and your belt is safe.

In MMA anything can happen, so the calculus is:

Go up a class, make money, free title shot, more than a 0% chance to win LW belt > stay in division with 0% chance of winning LW belt.

Back