Trump's Prime Time Address tonight to announce Afghanistan Troop Surge...

We've gone 15 years without a clearly defined and attainable endstate; which is an Afghanistan free from AQ and Taliban influence.

Well...there is only one way to attain that an endstate. Lift off and nuke the site from orbit. Because no amount of troops for any amount of time is going to be able to attain that endstate.

Trump the supposed non-interventionalist has now sent 4000 more troops into Afghanistan, ratched up the rhetoric against NK, still trying to poke Iran into breaching agreement and threatened Venezuela with military intervention, also put Nuclear Pakistan on notice last night as well.

All the while tearing apart the State Department, leaving it ridiculously understaffed to the point it's inoperable - and naming a CEO with ZERO diplomatic experience as Secretary of State.

Trump named a recently retired cult of personality General as his SecDef, has a former General as his Chief of Staff and a Lt. General as his NSA. So the diplomats have been marginalized and inexperienced Tillerson way out of his league and the only information Trump gets on FP is from the MIC Spokesmen in his Administration.

82 (39.2%) of 209 Democratic Representatives (House) voted for the resolution.
58% of Democratic senators (29 of 50) voted for the resolution.

You can't claim to be the anti-war party if your senators voted for it (Iraq).
Bush was going to war regardless and the pressure on Democrats was to show support for the men and women who were going to be sent to war by not having a divided congress and thus making it partisan. There was million person marches and rallies all across America against the war - and those protesters mostly all from the left were smeared as Un-American by the GOP and the MSM. MSM loves itself wars - it's great ratings.

The establishment is back for sure. Fake media and globalists are running your country.
In my opinion the neocons have neutered the Trump Presidency completely.

It's basically like Bannon said: "The Trump presidency we fought for is over."
The president of the United Stated is irrelevant. No matter who, he has no other choice than to obey.

He is in line with Clinton and Obama here and nothing will change. I can't believe you lefties criticize him for that.
You should be happy. Trump is broken. It took the establishment only weeks to castrate Trump (Russian BS and the BIGOTRY!!! buhh huuu) and to make him bow to the powers that be.

I am afraid that Trump will become the go boy of the Israel lobby.

Just my two cents ;)

Clinton was talking about escalating the Syrian conflict which could have lead to direct conflict with Russia.
Trump was talking the exact opposite.

Clinton has a strong record of being a neocon whereas as Trump had a record of schitzo tweets.

Clinton has no record of being a neocon (unless you just go with the popular definition of "neocon" as "someone the speaker doesn't like"). Trump had no record at all, but he had made a series of disturbingly irresponsible comments on foreign policy that suggested a greater risk of major war than we'd had.

I think generally, one area of difference we've had on foreign policy is that I think peace is an outcome rather than a choice in most cases. I don't believe a politician can just decide that they're a non-interventionist and then that's the end of the issue, no war for us. And I don't believe there are politicians who just like fighting war. The problem with Trump is that he has no depth as a man and thus no understanding of the seriousness of the decisions he makes and no understanding of the limits of power. The infamously stupid debate over saying "Islamic terrorism" or whatever the magic words were supposed to be illustrates the issue. Most wars in the world are between Islam*ist* extremists and moderates, and by making the religion itself the enemy, we're not picking the less-objectionable side and trying to stay out of it; we're uniting them all against us. Responsible actors on the foreign policy stage have been careful not to make that mistake, but hotheads don't think to even that minimal level.

The establishment is back for sure. Fake media and globalists are running your country.
In my opinion the neocons have neutered the Trump Presidency completely.

It's basically like Bannon said: "The Trump presidency we fought for is over."
The president of the United Stated is irrelevant. No matter who, he has no other choice than to obey.

He is in line with Clinton and Obama here and nothing will change. I can't believe you lefties criticize him for that.
You should be happy. Trump is broken. It took the establishment only weeks to castrate Trump (Russian BS and the BIGOTRY!!! buhh huuu) and to make him bow to the powers that be.

I am afraid that Trump will become the go boy of the Israel lobby.

Just my two cents ;)
You talking about he guy who said he wouldn't rule out invading Europe? Why have nukes if we don't use them? Thinks we were entitled to steal all the oil from Iraq? Wants to increase the military budget by 25%? Knows more than the generals? That guy would keep us out of wars if only the establishment thugs hadn't broken him?

7 months into Trump's Presidency, and 9 1/2 months since the election. It is time to let, "But...but..Hillary!" go. It's done. She lost, get over it.
I wasn't following politics during the bush years but was but but Gore a common retort?

Man, your trolling has really gone down hill lately. I am disappoint.

You have to forgive him. He's probably super broken up over his man crush Steve Bannon being out of the WH.

I wasn't following politics during the bush years but was but but Gore a common retort?

No, people were a little smarter back then. They just went the "He's your president! You have to respect him!" then quickly tossed that out the window when Obama took office.

No, people were a little smarter back then. They just went the "He's your president! You have to respect him!" then quickly tossed that out the window when Obama took office.

They also were insisting he was a great president. It was only really in the last year that right-wingers started distancing themselves from him in large numbers. A big chunk of right-wingers already realize what a disaster Trump is so they do feel more of a need to make that argument.

Bush wasn't the monumental fuck up right away to this degree so his supporters could defend his decisions and policies as they were pretty much mainline Republican. Ten months into his administration and 9/11 happened and Bush was rocking 80%+ approvals for awhile.

Bush wasn't the monumental fuck up right away to this degree so his supporters could defend his decisions and policies as they were pretty much mainline Republican. Ten months into his administration and 9/11 happened and Bush was rocking 80%+ approvals for awhile.

And he rode the "only I can protect you from the turrurists" into 2004.

Your anti-establishment president just sent more troops into AG. I don't think you have this anarchist thing quite down.
It is sad, and our choices were a known neocon and an outsider with no record.

Seems like Trump has been infiltrated by Neocons, Bannon certainly doesnt back this stuff.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...se-unhappy-with-flip-flop-afghanistan-speech/

To say that trump was stringing us along the whole time is a revisionism. Bannon was chief strategist, and he got the boot. Must have bumped heads with neocons in the admin

Trump the supposed non-interventionalist has now sent 4000 more troops into Afghanistan, ratched up the rhetoric against NK, still trying to poke Iran into breaching agreement and threatened Venezuela with military intervention, also put Nuclear Pakistan on notice last night as well.

All the while tearing apart the State Department, leaving it ridiculously understaffed to the point it's inoperable - and naming a CEO with ZERO diplomatic experience as Secretary of State.

Trump named a recently retired cult of personality General as his SecDef, has a former General as his Chief of Staff and a Lt. General as his NSA. So the diplomats have been marginalized and inexperienced Tillerson way out of his league and the only information Trump gets on FP is from the MIC Spokesmen in his Administration.
SO much winning - TBH I am getting sick of it.

Missed the speech. Was a clear, definitive objective mentioned?

I'm going to assume it was all about "killing bad guys" to save America.

Missed the speech. Was a clear, definitive objective mentioned?

I'm going to assume it was all about "killing bad guys" to save America.

I didn't watch it but I imagine it went like this:

"There are some guys. Very bad guys over there. And we have to surge the troops. Boy, and I have the best troop surges. Just ask anyone! We are gonna really surge the troops, bigly! And what about that Hillary huh????"

*Trump bots cheer and applaud, and chant "lock her up"*

Although I'm looking into my crystal ball to Trump next prime time speech on this.

"Who knew troop surges could be so difficult??? We aren't going to own this! We are gonna let this troop surge fall on its face and let the democrats take responsibility for my troop surge!"

It was a war first policy without any clear or articulated strategy. It was a mistake to go in there 16 years ago and a mistake now. On the other hand, perhaps it's a good way to get people's minds off all the bad publicity lately.

Back