Trump's Prime Time Address tonight to announce Afghanistan Troop Surge...

Would you be ok babysitting Afghanistan for a hundred years or just making it the 51st state if that was the only sure way prevent a new ISIS?
Nope, I'd rather pull out and let them sort their own shit out but if we have to stay, I'd send whatever number of soldiers we need to wipe the entire countries slate clean for its citizens. Give them a chance at democracy and if they don't like it and go back to a dictatorship, which is completely possible, let em. We've done enough damage there. It's a no win situation even if we "win". I see a lot of people complaining about it but I don't see a lot of discussion about how he should have gone about it.

@HomerThompson my opinion.

Would you be ok babysitting Afghanistan for a hundred years or just making it the 51st state if that was the only sure way prevent a new ISIS?
Would you be ok if ISIS came to your house and raped your face because we decreased troop levels in the Northeast quadrant of Afghanistan? Hunh!?!

I like how some people were putting Trump in their top three in the top 3/ bottom 3 potus of last 50 years thread.

<36>

There's two common misconceptions floating around this thread:

1. Trump was the peace candidate
2. Trumpsters actually want peace

Trumpsters are a broad group. The paleoconservative and "alt-right" bloc are extremely pacifist/non-interventionist ie the resurrection of the America First movement.

The misconception is that they're anywhere near as large as the number of hawkish moderates he picked up (same people who nominated McCain) just for being a Republican, Hillary's own hawkishness not withstanding.

Blame two things for this misconception:

1. The media desperately trying to portray Trump as a "far-right nationalist president" by grossly exaggerating the size of the first bloc.

2. The younger age composition of conservatives on this forum (fewer old-school neocons/hawks).

You're def one of those morons. Without a doubt you're one of those morons.

If you were genuinely upset about a troop surge you wouldn't have been pro-Hillary. Drop the act.

I'm criticizing Trump for straying the path, but you're in no place to do so.

1. Democrats ≠ The Left
2. 215/221 Republican Congressmen voted for the resolution....97%
3. 48/49 Republican Senators voted for the resolution....98%
4. 263/ 270 (97%) of all Republican Senate and House member combined voted for the war.
5. 111/258 (43%) of all Democrat Senate and House members combined voted for the war.
The Democrats got us into Vietnam

Complaining is also for far right basement dwellers who blame the absence of women in their life on feminism and multiculturalism, but I digress. Whatever rationalization makes you feel like you should not excercise the right you think you have to be mad, either way Trump is well on his to being a globalist now.

But congrats on your raise :)
Very weak attempt.Not a single word you typed applies to me in any way. You digress, indeed.
Get some new material

The Democrats got us into Vietnam
Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Probably your most compelling, in-depth post and my lack of sarcasm makes the insult

Nah, any cunt stupid enough to vote for Trump based on his "isolationist" policies is a fucking moron.

I'm with Bill Burr on this.

Too many Americans bled out in Afghanistan, too many children killed by American bombs, we ruined the fucking country trying to beat the Soviets.

I'm done with Trump, I found him an amusing moron, but he needs to send his stupid fuck children to die over there.

This is a good illustration of how intellectually degraded the right is today. Trump could nuke Texas, and liberals would say, "shit, that's fucked up," and you'd be like, "yeah! liberals think Trump is an idiot! Winning."

I didn't think that, and I did keep my doctor (you mangled a talking point there).

Compares Obama actually arming AQ and Isis, to an imaginary Trump nuke.

You're a shining example of a 2017 liberal. Completely ignorant to reality. Now wonder you carry the reputation here that you do.

Nope, I'd rather pull out and let them sort their own shit out but if we have to stay, I'd send whatever number of soldiers we need to wipe the entire countries slate clean for its citizens. Give them a chance at democracy and if they don't like it and go back to a dictatorship, which is completely possible, let em. We've done enough damage there. It's a no win situation even if we "win". I see a lot of people complaining about it but I don't see a lot of discussion about how he should have gone about it.

@HomerThompson my opinion.

Theres two choices:

1) face facts and withdraw. Try to manage the fallout.

2) kick the can down the road and invest lives and money for nothing.

We already tried the clean slate and it didn't take. Afghans apparently aren't super into being a centrally governed democracy. Trump is going with option 2. Maybe the next guy will try 1 but I'm not holding my breath.

All you HRC supporters need to put a cork in it and take a back seat. Your attempt at the moral high road is hilarious.
Your girl is a bloodthirsty, money hungry, grasping, striving, power tripping warmonger

Sounds like you're still with her. Can you hold it together for the next 3 years?

Btw- the only people played were simpletons like you who actually thought Hillary was going to win.

Hth
Man, your trolling has really gone down hill lately. I am disappoint.

Nah, any cunt stupid enough to vote for Trump based on his "isolationist" policies is a fucking moron.

I'm with Bill Burr on this.

Too many Americans bled out in Afghanistan, too many children killed by American bombs, we ruined the fucking country trying to beat the Soviets.

I'm done with Trump, I found him an amusing moron, but he needs to send his stupid fuck children to die over there.

I've never perceived him as a stubborn isolationist -- just the most isolationist in rhetoric among the realistic candidates (that means no hardliner Rand or crazy Bernie).

Those criticizing each of his decisions by depicting the people who voted for him as morons who fell for some trick is to indirectly claim that Hillary has a cleaner record on foreign policy (absolutely untrue).

My support has definitely decreased somewhat with this news and with the ousting of Bannon, but not nearly enough to regret my vote.

All you HRC supporters need to put a cork in it and take a back seat. Your attempt at the moral high road is hilarious.
Your girl is a bloodthirsty, money hungry, grasping, striving, power tripping warmonger

She lost, get over it.

Back