Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Hahah because Francis can't also eye gouge ? That's the issue with martial arts that think that groin strikes and eye gouging makes them automatically win. The trained MMA fighter has all their usual skills AND can eye gouge and groin strike, both of which require no real training.

You don't need to train that stuff, just putting yourself in the domiant position and being able to land that stuff is enough.
i would think some sadism would have to be in a person's character too. In the netflix docu, "Killer Sally" her husband (the man she killed) poked out a guys eyes when he worked as a bouncer, didn't get arrested for it, which is bullshit unless there was some circumstances like deadly weapons involved but it didn't sound that way. Sounded like a case of roid rage. That sounded sickening though, the daughter recounted how the man came home in a frenzy and blood all over him. Maybe it's just me but a little spat in a bar shouldn't result in someone losing their sight forever. Life and death, ok, but not dumb shit. It's beyond sport and the funny thing is, the less rules you have, the less talent and skill a person needs to do damage.

People need to learn to score fights before crying robbery.
Francis did very well but he didn't win

Well I was completely wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. From what I’m reading Francis did alright. Incredible,

Because of this sort of technique:

Fair play to Francis he fought a disciplined fight vs Fury.

Fury wasn't his cocky self when usyk got in the ring. Ngannou fight messed with his head and they even cancelled the post fight presser. He won't be rematching ngannou at all.

... Yall think Francis was gonna win and believe he won.. ( or was winning)

Glad i didn't waste 100 bucks.. tyson wasnt even trying.[/QUOTE

Agreed just an exhibition and a quick cash grab was all it was.

No shame in getting bonked by Ngannou he hits as hard as anyone ever has lol if Tyson got fucking SLEPT then yeah it would be utterly shameful.

Tyson got way more than he bargained for lol, what an absolutely legendary performance from Ngannou

When you look at it that he had no boxing record coming into this yes great achievement that it went the distance.

Ngannou powered didn’t translate to boxing that’s first thing I noticed.

lol boxing is so horrible. Even the commentators, who all scored it for Ngannou, were trying to sugar coat how bad Fury looked in there during the "fight".

It is definitely a product and production for the masses/dumb people in the world. It is a joke of a sport.

Sure. The quality of the fight itself was pretty poor, but he stayed composed.

Francis did WAY better than Conor...first of all and most obvious took him the distance, knocked him down and won several definitive rounds. Something Conor never did against Floyd

I always don't try hard when my life story / health of my brain is dependent on me trying hard. -Sherdog posters

From the boxing side of Sherdog. Aka who cares about the dude lol.

But the knockdown wasn't the only success Ngannou saw, right? He won several rounds, right? Against the HW champ? Why are you acting like a little baby, do you hate Ngannou that much?
boring uneventful rounds only looked half decent in the eighth round this is a clear case of Tyson not taking him seriously so him looking bad made Francis "look good"

It seems like MMA is closing in on boxing when it comes to striking. Boxing as a ruleset has a lot of weaknesses.

Fury could do nothing to Francis when they got in clinch range. It looked like he was shitting his pants. With open fighting rules without takedowns, Francis would have killed him.

let’s be realistic here .. that’s not the case. Francis is a freak of nature and always has been that’s why he became a ufc champ after starting his training at 27/28. Fury underestimated how strong Francis would be in the clinch and got out muscled. That doesn’t automatically mean every mma fighter could do that. Fury I think became hesitant because of this, and Francis’ power and composure.

Yeah I'm sure Fury just let Ngannou knock him down for shits and giggles.
b26b359a-ca13-40dd-95bb-504aa476c939_text.gif

Oil money

Ngannou vs Wilder is the fight to make. After watching the fight tonight Francis has a decent chance but if wilder connects it could be over. I think I’d actually give Wilder the edge in power in this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back